Chapter VII.

Shout-out to @TaeKim385854 for your support in my novel. Thank you so much!One of the first to comment on my novel.

Over the past few weeks, she had did nothing but study school stuff to which she found out that she was on a break from school.

She also studied violin if she wasn't studying after her teacher told her parents how bad she had become and had to start from scratch. She still didn't like the instrument but in order to make her parents happy, she worked very hard to learn it.

She had also spent time with her two friends who usually came to her house when she was bored.

Over the few weeks, she had heard from the male lead twice on the phone where Wang Linxue talked about how her violin skills were so bad.

He was still closed off but she didn't care much. When his female lead arrives, she was going to back off with him.

Maybe at the rate they were going, they would be just acquaintances in future. It may be fun to watch a book progress in front of you.

Minus some villainess action. There were other characters who posed challenges to the protagonists love though. She might even aid them overcome it if she felt like it when the storyline began.

For now, the Wang's were joining other rich families on a travel to Guanang city .

These type of travels brought upper tier families together and also helped to build connections. They were going to be gone for a while so they packed a lot of things they would need.

It was her first time travelling ever and was very excited for the new experience.

At the venue on a small luxurious river cruise at Tuifa a remote area in Guanang, Wang Linxue stood at the food station picking up snacks to eat. There were a variety of food she hadn't eaten before.

"All you do is stuff your face all day. Aren't you scared you will be fat!"

A light masculine voice startled her and she whirled around but there was no one behind her.

She shook her head to shrug it of and picked some more treat happily.

"Can't you stop eating for a second!",the voice echoed again making her drop the treat.

" Who's there?",she turned around and saw people doing their own thing at the back.

Her eyes landed on the girl that she asked to aid the male lead the last time he was being bullied to see her staring back bashfully.

"Turn around little girl and face the snacks."

Wang Linxue froze but did as the voice said.

" Let me introduce myself. I am the entity in your necklace. Put in here to aid you in your times of need.", the voice calmly spoke before bursting out in anger. "But just for a moment ,can you stop being a pig?!"

Wang Linxue turned to look around for a moment and frowned. Was she finally losing it?

"Tsk, where are your eyes at? I said, I am an entity in your necklace."

"Oh!"

She turned to the opal necklace on her neck " Are you in there?"

"Yes! How many times should I say it?!" The voice screamed inside her head annoyed.

' Was the girl dumb?'

The voice cleared it's throat " Anyway, I am meant to be your guide for as long as I can . To guide you in your endeavours. "

Ok?

" Who sent you?" Wang Linxue spoke out loud.

" That is not for you to know."

Oh yeah? "So how do I know that you are good guide or evil guide, huh?"

The voice paused for bit before answering in her head ''A god sent me ...but don't ask me which one because I can't tell you for now. All I can tell you is that I was assigned to be your guide. So as long as you wear me, we will be able to communicate and see all that you see.''

"Ok then. I still don't trust you completely but there must be a reason you are here in this novel with me. So what is your name?"

"Anything you want."

She thought for a moment before smiling ," Then I'll call you Ping Ping. So back in my old life, a handsome neighbor had a puppy called Ping Ping and I really liked the dog."

'Was she naming me after a mutt? He an apprentice god was being named after a stinky dog!'

"No" the voice coldly echoed.

"What? You said I could name you. I like the name Ping Ping."

She did this intentionally trying to mess with the voice in her head and picked a cupcake . Hearing the voice go quiet she negotiated.

" How about Ping?"

The voice sighed loudly before agreeing.

"Fine."

Wang Linxue wanted to ask another question but she was tapped on the shoulder by the bashful girl.

"H-Hi."

Wang Linxue turned to look at the girl in front of her. She had her hair in a ponytail and was a bit on the fat side with plump cheeks. She wore a white shirt and jeans that made her look like the girl next door .

"You m-may not know me " she stammered and couldn't meet her in the eye. " My name is Fu Shiyun."

"I-I saw what you did t-the other day. You helped Xi Ji..."

Wang Linxue raised up her palms to stop her. " I shouldn't have bullied him in the first place and I was just righting my wrongs."

Surname Fu? Could she be related to Fu Tuying?

Fu Shiyun craned her neck over my shoulders " Were you talking to someone?"

" No, not at all, hehe...",she fled the snacks table with a cupcake in hand and went to where her parents were and saw them talking to some other people.

She decided not to disturb them and looked around the luxury cruise.

She saw the male lead sitting at the ledge looking at the waters that were outside the yacht looking all glorious and perfect like a beautiful painting. It was stupid ,but it was true.

"Did you try these earlier? They are so delicious." She brought out the cupcake she picked up not long ago.

"No thank you."he turned his head back to the waters.

She sat down by him and looked at the water running by lost in thought. Xi Jinwei turned to look at the girl sitting beside him and saw crumbs on her lips and clenched his fingers.

Meanwhile,

Later that evening, Di Mufei stood at a remote area of the ship with a man behind her.

" Have you received the money?"

" Yes ma'am."

" Good. When you get the least opportunity, I want you to throw that wretched boy off this ship. I advise you to do it in the evening so there's a better chance of success.

Do this and you'll receive the rest of the money and some tickets to flee the country if you escape. Is that understood?"

" Yes ma'am"

The man quickly left and Di Mufei stood there for a few minutes before also exiting.

'She was going to get rid of him today!'

What do you think of this chapter? Who do you think Di Mufei is talking about. I need your votes and comments like the air I breathe.
Thanks for reading.