Chapter XXXIV

The next few days at school, she went to the music room to join the practice team after registering.

Those participating had a choice to practice as a group with the music teacher if they wanted to or practice on their own.

There where around 20 students and the intern music teacher here who were waiting for the music teacher to arrive.

Today, he was late.

As they waited, some girls who recognized Wang Linxue who was tuning her violin seriously, sneered at her while speaking Ling Zhirou

"Oh look. It's your sister. "

"If you mess with her, she won't hesitate to beat you up like she did with you!"

"What a b*tch! Right Zhirou? "

" Guys, don't exaggerate things. She didn't mean it." She dismissed a bit quietly.

The girls harrumphed in contempt. Those who were rich thought they could bully the weak. Such disgusting behaviour was never to be tolerated.

Everyone heard it but decided to ignore it minding their own business anyway. It was true that she hit Ling Zhirou and so she kept quiet without a hassle.

"Ok, good afternoon students." The music teacher entered the room greeting. He looked very lively for his age as the grey hairs on his head were dominant with his hair tied in a half ponytail.

"Ah, I see the people here  still want some tutorship from this old man." He laughed.

Every one laughed with him but it was a bit forced.

The intern cleared his throat at the  music teacher to which the teacher patted his shoulder in delight.

" Ah, Ok. This is what we are going to do. Today, you will be paired in twos. The instruments you play won't matter since it will test how you harmonize with other instruments. If you get similar instruments ,then good for you. Then I will access your skills as you play together in a face off." He explained and asked the intern to hand him the list of names.

He scanned the names and started to mark somethings.
" Ok, I don't really know some of your names,so these names I pick will be random."

Mentioning the names, Wang Linxue was paired up with a girl who seemed a bit reserved and shy.

Ling Zhirou was paired up with a male student who could play a cello and they had the face off first.

They started to clear the area a bit to make room and brought in various instruments from the side so as to use them.

Zhirou played Für Elise while her opponent played Elgar- Cello Concerto Op. 85.

The music contrasted with each on different level but created a whole new quality.

Ling Zhirou's piece was fast and eager as her fingers flowed freely on the piano with elegance and grace while the other played in a skilled but normal pace. Every one looked on quietly to figure out what piece was better.

People were enthralled by the beauty of the pianist but Wang Linxue knew better. Sometimes, she regretted trying to scheme on her when she first arrived. Maybe, things would have been different?

On second thoughts, not really. She came to the house to destroy the Wang Family. This girl had made her lose popularity in school and many people despised her unlike how it used to be .

She really didn't miss her popularity that much but it was the contempt that others showed that bothered.

When they were done, everyone turned to the music teacher.