Chapter III.

A sleek black car moved fast and at a controlled pace on the road . In it at the backseat sat Wang Linxue and the man who claimed to be her father, Wang Linkai.

She sat and contemplated what was happening with her brows furrowed.

She had transmigrated into the book she was reading yesterday. Into a character that had the same name as her. She had become the villainess in the book she had only read halfway!

She was absolutely sure because Xi Jinwei was the male lead's name in the novel and Wang Linkai was the name of the villainess' father.

In the book, the female lead whose name is Ling Zhirou was the unknown daughter of the man sitting beside right now who was the owner of the successful Wang businesses.

In the novel, Wang Linkai was drugged by some of his family's enemies when he was younger and coincidentally raped the female lead's mother hence the origin of the female lead.

But since Wang Linkai was well known , Ling Zhirou's mother decided to leave before he woke up and did not want to get caught up in the Wang family's matter.

Ling Zhirou's mother raised her in a different city but one day Ling Zhirou got entangled with an mercenary who trained her in secret making her knowledgeable and charismatic.

Ling Zhirou's mother soon got cancer and couldn't live longer . Even with the treatment she got paid by the money Ling Zhirou got from her 'work' in the mercenary group.

So in her last days she wrote a letter to Wang Linkai many years later when Ling Zhirou was seventeen to take care of her.

That was how the novel started with Ling Zhirou coming to the Wang mansion after Wang Linkai found out he had a daughter outside.

Those events in the novel hadn't started yet and right now, she the villainess was on her way to meet her arranged fiance she used to bully when they were younger.

It was a few minutes drive before they arrived at the Xi family's house.
Grand and beautiful as it seemed.
Even the gate leading into the house was very sophisticated. Wang Linxue in all her life could only dream to see a place like this.

The environment leading to the house look clean and serene like an estate. She looked at the place through the window in awe.

The Wang's house was great and all but the Xi is on another level.

The driver parked at the entrance of the gate and went out to talk to the security guards. For a moment the car was quite and Wang Linxue out of curiosity looked at the man, the father sitting beside her who looked outside the window.

He looked like he was in his late thirties and dressed in an immaculate grey suit and sat in a very good posture prompting Wang Linxue to straighten up.

She couldn't help it. She now had a father. A fictional one but still.

After a moment, the driver returned and drove the car into the mansion.
Parking, Wang Linxue and her father were greeted by a butler and two maids as soon as they got out.

" Welcome, Mr Wang, Miss Wang." the butler bowed.

"Mr Xi is waiting for you inside."

" Yes, please lead my daughter to the children zone while I go meet Mr Xi."

"Yes, right away", the butler signalled the maids and they led Wang Linxue to the back of the mansion as Mr Wang was led inside.

At the back of the mansion, there where a few kids her age gathered and dressed poshly just like her doing an array of activities.

She joined them not knowing what to do but as soon as two girls present saw her ,they immediately flocked her.

"Hey Linxue , what do you want to do today? Let's try my new dolls." One girl said.

"Yeah, we've been waiting for you today, what do think you we should do?" The other one joined then paused with a smirk," Maybe, bully the illegitimate son."

She giggled and hooked her hands with Wang Linxue's.

We all knew who the illegitimate son was.

The male lead was the son of the current Xi successor and his former assistant. Being born outside marriage made people mock him, a lot

It was one of the things the male and female leads had in common in the novel. Being born out of wedlock.

To preserve the family name, the Xi family matriarch ordered her son to bring back his illegitimate son and raise him.

The villainess being as bad as she is...was ,decided to take joy in someone else's pain and bully him ,only to get engaged to the same person.

Then changing her attitude three sixty degrees to curry favour with him and act according to her father's wishes. This made the male lead hate the villainess even more.

Wang Linxue sighed at this. She, Wang Linxue was not going to curry favour. She would only be herself until she figures out what was going on.

She wagged her fingers at the girls. "No, not today guys. We should probably stop bul..."

Interrupted by some glasses shattering, the atmosphere turned tense as some group of boys gathered around a figure on the ground.

''Look at him, walking like he owns the whole house. You are nothing but trash from the dumpster. "

"Yeah yeah...Um what he said, illegitimate son!"

The three boys laughed and a girl stood at the side quietly watching looking scared.

Wang Linxue walked forward to get a closer look and when the boys saw her they perked up.

" Hey Linxue , what do you have to say about him today?" The children laughed as Wang Linxue turned to the boy on the floor.

Purple juice stained his white shirt and trousers as he sat there with his head down and fingers clenched. Hair covered his eyes so she couldn't see the expression in them.

Feeling the stare ,the boy raised his head to look at the girl who brought him immense pain with deep hatred and this almost startled Wang Linxue to death.

Such hate in his eyes. Dark eyes stared deep into the depth of her soul. Looking pathetic on the ground but as vengeful as a tiger.

She had to do something or the boys would continue to bully him.

Wang Linxue smirked, "Just leave him alone guys." Kicking the glass shards away from the boy on the ground, she turned to the children behind.

"Why mess with trash? It's meant to be left alone and disposed of."

The children laughed at that and one of the boys commented,"You always come up with the best answers."

' What I said wasn't even that witty. Why are children so stupid?' Wang Linxue almost rolled her eyes.

"Get him up. We don't want him to get cut with the shards",she sneered.

Two boys carried him up roughly and pushed him back to the ground again.

'At least there were no shards there.', Wang Linxue thought in relief. 'Sorry Mr Male Lead. Huh, that should be the title of the novel. Haha . Don't laugh now , a child is being bullied here!'

"Let's go guys", the boys left to go inside and the two girls followed leaving the girl who looked scared behind.

Wang Linxue walked to her and she jumped scared almost falling .

" Take care of him."

She looked shocked at the request but nodded repeatedly anyway with her pigtails bobbing with her head and went to help the boy get up a bit shyly.

Walking inside without looking back, Wang Linxue breathed a sigh of relief. At least she had lessened his burden a bit today.

If this chapter was great ,give it a vote and comment on what you think about it.
One question though, why did Wang Linxue act like she did? Comment on it.
Thanks for reading.