Chapter LIII

Oops,I mistakenly deleted a chapter named Part 1 where I found a pic of how my characters would look like in my story and didn't realize till now. 😅😅Oh well wasn't a chapter anyway so enjoy the rest of the novel. (I'll post a new one on the final timeskip that will happen in this story if I can though). Vote and Comment y'all ❤️.

Wang Linxue found herself seated in the dimly lit auditorium, the soft murmur of anticipation filling the air. It was the day of the musical competition and the stage was set with a grand piano at its center, surrounded by other instruments.

" I was almost late. Woah!" She almost fell as she squeezed through the seats to come sit by Chi Minxia who saved her a seat beside her at the front row.

'' You're a life saver." She panted , wiping her forehead while she leaned in her seat.

" No problem. The program hasn't even started yet. By the way, why you are you so late? Ling Zhirou again?" Chi Minxia eyebrows rose.

Ling Zhirou given her scripts to summarize and make a report of that she could have done herself. Staying up all night to do her assignments that were also given in class were also some roles she had to play as an assistant. Said by Sister Xu Yan.

" Yeah, she gave me most of her work to do and my back is very sore from staying up too late nowadays." Wang Linxue groaned as she stretched in her seat before her eyes fell on her other friend. She could barely spend time with her friends and Jinwei. Though he was also very busy nowadays but hopefully after the show ,they would meet and she was already having jitters of excitement.

"Oh hi Yue!" She noticed her sitting right beside Chi Minxia.

Long Yue pursed her lips and responded back. " Hi." She answered quietly.

Wang Linxue and Chi Minxia exchanged glances at each. The distant behaviour nowadays wasn't lost on them but anytime they asked about it she shut them down saying it was nothing. Ever since that day, Long Yue just .... changed.

In the midst of the bustling crowd, a hush fell over the room as a teacher from another school stepped forward. His presence demanded attention, and all eyes turned towards him.

" Wooo! Mr Lan" A random student hollered at seeing his teacher and this elicited laughter from the crowd.

With a warm smile, the teacher raised his hand, signaling for silence. The room grew still, the only sound remaining the soft whispers of anticipation.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen," his voice resonated through the auditorium. "Today marks the beginning of our annual musical competition, a celebration of the immense talent and dedication displayed by our students."

His words carried a sense of pride and admiration.

"Before we commence this joyous event," he continued, "let us take a moment to wish each and every one of our contestants the best of luck. "

The auditorium erupted in applause, the sound echoing through the vast space.

First up after announcing their names, Ling Zhirou and the other students of Wang Linxue's school was first to perform.
Enthralled , silence ringed through the auditorium with only the sound of instruments echoing through the vast hall. They decided to pick a more fast paced music that had you bobbing to the music.

Midway through the performance, Wang Linxue felt her phone vibrating.

" Minxia." She called out to her but she looked quite engrossed in the show. She didn't even turn.

"Mm?"

"Someone's calling,I have to see who it is."

"Ok" She moved her feet back to make way for her but still managed to step on a few toes of those she passed infront of since they didn't seem to hear her excusing herself.