Chapter XXVIII

Another chapter here so enjoy ❣️❣️. Don't forget to vote and comment y'all. Come on , let me hear from you.

Xi Jinwei set her down after leading her to the back of the school were there were just few people minding their own business.

Passing through the hallway garnered a lot of attention but Xi Jinwei didn't mind the position he carried her in and Wang Linxue was still a bit out of it so she didn't speak at all until he set her down.

" Linxue, what is going on with you? Why did you attack Zhirou?" He asked worriedly , gently holding her hand. Honestly he was a bit surprised.

From where he stood, they were both civilly speaking until he saw Wang Linxue attack. It wasn't like her to do something like this.

"I don't want to talk about it." She responded curtly and threw his hand off.

" I can understand but why are you being like th..." She cut him off again.

"You won't believe me if I said it so just leave me alone!"

Xi Jinwei expression looked hurt at her outburst and her heart clenched painfully.

She was feeling so frustrated but she should not take it out on him for heaven's sake .Especially not him.

" Xi Jinwei, sorry. I'm just feeling out it for a bit." She rubbed her temples tiredly.

She could not just tell him what her step sister had just said. She had to handle it someway.

" It's okay." He muttered quietly. " You sound stressed Linxue. Can you please tell me what is it? I'm always all ears for you." His eyes softened as he stared at her.

(Vote and comment ❤️❤️❤️)

He could tell she was in a dilemma and the emotions swirling around in her mind reflected in her eyes as well.

'I'm always all ears for you' ,Wang Linxue saw how his usually cold looking eyes softened. Why push him away?

" Let's sit down first."

There wasn't a specific place to sit her and so they sat under a tree there. The shade made for a quiet scene that makes one feel comfortable.

She fiddled with her fingers for a moment and sucked in a deep breath.

" Is it that bad, like you accidentally killed a dog or something?" He joked with a silly smile.

Wang Linxue who was in the middle of sucking in air laughed breathily and smacked his arm.

" I'm being serious here. Don't interrupt."

He smiled and nodded while rubbing his arm that Wang Linxue hit scrunching his face a bit.

Seeing that she exclaimed, " I didn't even hit you that hard. Why make that ugly face?"

His face had a band aid on his jaw, his forehead still had a light bruise but that didn't diminish his attractiveness at all. Not that she was going to tell him that. He already had others making his head big by complimenting him all the time.

He chuckled and gestured that she continue.

" My parents are getting a divorce and it is really bad. They're not on good terms at all." She sighed shakily.

" My father is treating me so weirdly and the family is breaking apart. I now have to decide if I should live with my father or mother." She clenched the grass beneath her palms and laughed, tears gathered in her eyes.

" Funny thing is that all this started when Ling Zhirou showed up in the house and I had the power to stop it but I just sat there to let nature take it's course. Now that it is happening I ca...''