Chapter VI.

Shout out to all those voting for my novel. ❤️❤️❤️It keeps me going.😉

(Note: I have altered of relationship between Linxue's parents since in future the change between them won't be too shocking. Also added and removed some details.)

The next day, Wang Linxue got up from bed early in the morning and prepared to eat breakfast. She had somewhat gotten used to the fact that she had transmigrated into a novel.

She just felt that she belonged here and would do anything to keep the peace. Being an orphan was hard and now that she had a feel of what a family felt like , she vowed she was going to do everything in her power to keep it.

Last night, after they had returned from the Xi mansion ,she had heard the maids talking about how the spoilt girl had become a docile girl in just one day.

It must have been that bad if she acting normally, was considered docile.

When Wang Linxue read the novel she somewhat blamed the villainess' behavior on her father.

Her father had spoiled her rotten since childhood and sometimes turned a blind eye on the abuses the villainess inflicted on his staff.

This went on to give her the leeway to abuse the male lead. Later on, the villainess came to have an obsession with him and wanted to keep him for herself, sabotaging anyone who stood in her way.

Wang Linxue was assisted by a different maid this time but she refused and did everything herself.

When she came down for breakfast, her mother Fang Luman and her father were sitting at the table being served by the maids.

Her father sat at the head of the table reading a newspaper while her mother sat on his left scrolling through her phone.

"Good morning mother, father.",she walked to the table on sat opposite her mother.

"Xue Xue, how was sleep?"

"I had the best night, mother"

The maids paused at the table briefly before continuing their tasks again.

Her father took his eyes off the newspaper to take a good look at his child with a raised brow. It was like he did not recognize his spoiled little brat of a daughter anymore.

" Did you? You would normally complain of how I didn't buy you a bigger bed so you could roll when you wanted to or something along the lines ."

Wang Linxue winced at that. 'Man, some have it easy to complain about that.'

"Well father, you don't have to buy me a bigger bed anymore. I love my bed just the way it is. I'm learning to appreciate what I have."

Wang Linkai had no expression on his face but his demeanor showed that he was content.

Wang Linxue stared at her parents and saw that, their posture together was a bit distant . It was clear that they had respect towards each other but love was a different matter.

They began breakfast that was full of delicious delicacies and midway in their breakfast the mother called her daughter.

"Xue Xue."

Wang Linxue who was about to scoop a spoonful of porridge paused, " Yes, mother?"

She reached into her pocket and brought out a necklace.

'Wait a minute. Isn't that the necklace she got from her novel bag back in her old life? The opal necklace.'

"Where did you get this?"