Chapter XXII

Double chapter here❤️❤️❤️. I hope you are enjoying the read. So, so far , whose your fave character guys and what do you think of the other characters?

Entering class, it seemed that everyone was focused on their own thing as the class turned quiet. No one seemed to want to indulge in any ' talking ' when Wang Linxue entered.

Normally in some subjects, the class sat according to your rank but since it was a new school term, everyone just sat wherever they wanted and today, she decided to sit at the back of the class today because she was in low spirits.

Long Yue sat at the back row with her friend as well for any support she might need.

Just as she sat down, she heard another commotion as some girls in the class started to whisper and giggle.

Thinking it was about her, she raised up her eyes to see what the noise was about. All she saw was the one and only Male Lead grace the class with his presence after a long summer break.

He looked indifferent to all the attention as he walked into class, his luscious dark hair giving him a youthful aura and attractive outline of his alluring features.

He walked into class and greeted some of his male friends sitting in class with a nods and smiles.

He walked to the back row of the desk in class and sat right beside Wang Linxue who had her face turned drinking her Boba Milk tea her mother packed with some sliced Milk bread.

She didn't want to speak to him after months of what had happened but he spoke first in a low voice that sent shivers down her spine, "Linxue?"

She sputtered out a bit of the tea almost chocking on it. She coughed with her mouth closed not wanting the rest of the tea to in her mouth to spill and make a mess on the table.

She somewhat calmed down and swallowed with her throat heavy but some of the tea slipped from her lips.

She was about to wipe it with the back of her hands when a handkerchief was placed on her lips wiping the tea.

She raised her eyes and saw Xi Jinwei had gotten up and bent beside her desk wiping her lips with him in close proximity.

His eyes were focused on her lips even as he stopped wiping and lifted his eyes to look at her eyes deeply making her heart beat rapidly and felt trapped in his gaze.

This wasn't the first time this happened and she didn't understand why it happened.

The class was quiet watching until some girls started squealing startling the both of them.

Wang Linxue pulled away first and coughed some more her head facing away as Xi Jinwei got up ," Here, take the handkerchief."

" Thank you." She placed the handkerchief on her lips and o dab her mouth well.

' Damn, the handkerchief smells so good.' She thought and folded it.

'Don't be a simp kid. It don't suit you.'

Long Yue giggled from the side and Wang Linxue just turned to her and rolled her eyes at her.

' I always told you to be careful of this boy, kid. Never listened to me. See what happened a few months ago? How are you going to fix this?'

' I am fixing it. By ignoring him!'

' You should have done that a lot earlier.'

Wang Linxue didn't want to drink the Milk tea anymore so Long Yue decided to drink it for her.

"Linxue." He bent on her desk and lowered his head to her level.

" Mm." She turned to look at him as he his face looked cold and unwavering.

"We haven't really spoken in these few months. And it seems, I'm in the wrong for doing that the last time. Can we just talk?" His voice was lowered and deep.

" I told you, you'll change you mind very soon. Sooner than you think. It's just a phase Jinwei. What is meant to be will be and what is not will not."

Her Tai chi master said that a few years ago when she asked a question and it stuck with her.

He ran his hand through his hair  sighing and straightened up. She didn't like the way he acted and grabbed his arm.

Surprised he turned back to her and she again noticed that the class was quiet again and released him.

" I'm sorry for ignoring you."

He half smiled and sat down in his seat. The whole class knew they were friends from the beginning but it didn't stop some from speculating  whether they were dating.

The teacher came to class soon after and started to teach Chinese after introducing herself since she was new.

The class was interrupted when the principal directly came to the class to introduce a new student in Class 3A.

He spoke to the Madam briefly and left soon after.

The new student that came to class was none other than Ling Zhirou. Normally, a newly enrolled student would be placed in one of the lower ranking classes.

Grades and etiquettes decided what class you would be finally assigned to.
The only special case where a student was assigned to the best ranking class was through near perfect grades of the student.

It seemed she had no problem getting here.

" Hello, my name is Ling Zhirou. I'm am a new student here so I have a lot to learn so please take care of me." She bowed slightly and turned to the teacher.

Both boys and girls were in awe of the beauty of the girl in front of them and whispered among themselves.
Wang Linxue was almost tempted to look at the expression of Xi Jinwei but resisted.

When the name Ling Zhirou finally clicked in, some students turned to look at Wang Linxue and she smiled, putting on a fake proud expression but to the confusion of onlookers.

" Ok, please sit by the Cheng Qi, the class perfect of Class 3AI. Please raise your hand so she sees you." The said boy who wore glasses sat at the second row in the middle raised his hand and Ling Zhirou sat by him in a vacant seat.

" Please assist her in anything she may need Cheng Qi. Alright, let continue this lesson. Please pay attention because I'm going to start over for the sake our new student here."

The plot had begun and Wang Linxue wanted nothing to do with it. But she had everything to do with it now.

So, how was this chapter?  Had to edit it several times so I hope it came out good. Please vote and comment. It keeps me going. See you in the next chapter ❤️❤️❤️.