Chapter LX

Vote and comment guys, it keeps me going(⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡.

As the chilling cold seeps through her, Wang Linxue clutched herself for warmth, her breath visible in the frigid air. The snow had not started yet but it would surely start as they neared the month of December. She stood behind the school, alone, waiting for Xi Jinwei, as he had requested. The atmosphere is tense, mirroring the unease in her heart.

Finally, Xi Jinwei approached her, his face betraying a mix of emotions. He stood in front of her and stared at her as if memorizing her features.

" How are you doing Linxue?"

His 'Linxue' somehow brought a pang into her heart but she managed a small smile.

" I'm ok ." She simply said rubbing her arms together wave the cold off. She had forgot to bring a jacket today and was paying the price for it.

She continued, " Why didn't you call me earlier so we could talk about what happened that night huh? I texted you and I got no reply "

With a smirk, he mocked, " We are talking now aren't we?"

" Jinwei, we did nothing ok? You hang around with Ling Zhirou all the time. Do I act like this with you? Why are you trying to ruin our relationship because of your jealousy over nothing that happened? Talk to me, please." She whispered out the last part and moved forward gently to hug him and breath his scent.

Xi Jinwei froze and he lowered his head with a tense back. After a moment, he pushed her back almost roughly and turned his back towards her.

" Actually, it's not only your cheating incident that makes me angry, but your former actions as well. Do you remember how you used to ask your little minions to drag me around or you pouring ice cold water on me when we were kids. How you used to taunt me and call me names? Making you fall for me was the ultimate revenge."

" Jinwei..." She couldn't hide her astonishment at his accusations. He actually never forgave her. If this was the case then why was he with her at all? Was this all her trick? Was the love and kisses they shared with each other just a hoax? Something wasn't right.

" Yes. I never forgave you for that and cheating on me was the last straw here." He blinked at her with eyes cold and bottomless as he revealed his hatred towards her.

She gathered her strength, her voice tinged with desperation, and vehemently argued one last time.

" I never cheated."

" Prove it."

With no more words to exchange, the cold truth hangs heavily between them. Xi Jinwei, his face filled with a mix of frustration and resignation took a step backwards.

" We are done Linxue. I did this to teach you a lesson. " Xi Jinwei chuckled and gave her a gloating expression.

The weight of his words crushed her spirit, leaving her with a gasp that she staggered before she finally steadied herself . With a voice laced with a cold finality, she declared.

"I accept that we are done. For ending it here and not taking it further than here you have my gratitude .From now on, we have nothing to do with each....."

Wang Linxue paused when she saw his index finger and middle finger of his left hand, his dominant hand, crossed infront of him tapping it at the side of his thighs almost softly.

Wang Linxue stared at the hand with a small frown on her face before her eyes trailed to his eyes to which he blinked once.

Wang Linxue was still confused but she was on to something here, but nonetheless continued," We have nothing to do with each other. If we cross paths in the future, we will be classmates at best , nothing more. Don't regret it."