Chapter XXV

Another chapter here. Please vote and comment to show your support. Enjoy 🙂💕

The car ride was quiet and the driver sped up not saying a word. They drove back to Xi Jinwei's grandparents place since he no longer lived with father.

An incident that occurred when they were around fourteen years and was also part of the original novel was the reason.

Di Mufei took it too far when she secretly ordered a maid to poison his food after she heard Xi Jinwei was going to a have a high share of the inheritance from the Xi Group of Companies. After that, she gave the maid a large amount of money to leave the city and never return.

But the incident was heavily investigated and the Xi Family came to find out what Di Mufei had done.

She could still remember the look of hatred she hadn't seen in a long time when he found out that Di Mufei was responsible for his predicament.

Revenge was coming.

It was one of the reasons she hesitates to be a villainess sometimes but she has made up her mind.

Because of the poison, Xi Jinwei was left with a weak stomach that can't handle some kinds of food like spicy foods and overly sweet foods.

The Wang Family as well as the whole Xi Family was called to a meeting. Xi Jinwei's uncle and his family as well those were the side family were also present then.

The title of Xi Successor was striped of Xi Jinwei's father as punishment for his wife's doing and other privileges were taken.

Wang Linxue had a worried look on her face as she held his head on his lap. His left jaw and forehead had a painful looking bruise . She didn't want to imagine his body.

Yet still he would insist on not going to the hospital for treatment. He would rather die than go to the hospital.

Wang Linxue really wanted to knock him on his head at that. So if he had an accident or something, would he want to go home than a hospital for better treatment?

Why? She hadn't really bothered to ask him.

The bodyguard carried him inside and bypassed Madam Xi who was at the hall playing mahjong with some maids while some where gathered watching.

"What happened to him ?" She walked towards Wang Linxue and asked worriedly with a frown.

Ok, so how should she frame this? You see, my sweet Grandma, your Grandson didn't take the car home today.
He walked to an alley way for some reason and then got beat. Which by the way would have been way worse if I hadn't been coincidentally following him.

''Grandma, it was some thugs who wanted to harass him after school. Luckily, help was there on time so they got away."

She sighed in relief, " This boy! His Grandfather gave him his bodyguard for a reason. Thank God you were there." She fondled her cheeks.

" I'll call the doctor so you go up and take of him,ok?"

Wang Linxue smiled and climbed the stairs. She opened the bedroom to where he was.

Xi Jinwei groaned in pain as his bodyguard removed his shirt. The bodyguard wanted to rid him of his top garments so the doctor wouldn't have a hard time treating him.

Wang Linxue's eyes widened 'Wait, he going to be bare chested. That wasn't for her to see .'

She blushed like a little girl when she got a glimpse of his fit torso and turned the other side. Some maids came in to do first aid until the doctor came in and treated him.

Later that evening, Xi Jinwei's grandmother came into the room while he was still not awake and checked up on him herself.

'' My grandson, he'll be ok. " She smiled and rubbed his messy hair. For a while she looked dazed while rubbing then got up.

She grabbed Wang Linxue's hands in hers, "Wang Linxue, I just want to say that, thank you for taking care of my grandson. He could have been worse if not for you. He... " Her voice croaked and she paused with a sad smile.

"I am really glad I picked you as his fiance my dear. You will always be with him and take care of him. I know it." She wiped some tears that had gathered in her eyes.

" You should not trust me so much grandma." Wang Linxue felt so conflicted and guilty but smiled outwardly.

'We are about to announce the annulment of the engagement. Why do this to me now?!Stop Grandma!

" How could I not ? After what you did for my grandson when he was younger, I owe you and your family a debt of gratitude."

The old lady had a warm expression while she stated," I called your mother to tell her you won't be going home today. I hope you don't mind."

" Not at all Grandma."

'What the hell?! I didn't agree to this.'

'You just did.' Ping quoted.

" If need anything just come and ask dear but for now come downstairs to eat. His bodyguard will watch over him."

After having dinner with the old lady, she climbed up the stairs and into his room. She stood near his bed side to cover him up well.

The bed ruffled and he woke up with a groan and some popping of his bones.
" Linxue? You're here?"

Wang Linxue sighed and turned to leave. She had to inform the old lady that Xi Jinwei has awoken.

" Wait!" He grabbed her wrist.

She stopped and turned to him.

" Don't go. My head hurts." He muttered in a low voice and closed his eyes in pain.

" Of course it hurts! You got beaten , which by the way, I don't understand. What were you doing in the alley way, huh? Without your bodyguard. You know your Di Mufei is out to get you."

She sat down on the bed with him and caressed his jaw with the band-aid gently.

His breathing sped up with his face turning slightly red and due to how pale his skin was, Wang Linxue noticed it but was oblivious to what it meant and assumed otherwise.

"Are you hungry or thirsty? The maids brought some food and water. I am going to call Grandma so she can feed you."

Xi Jinwei eyes dimmed a bit, " Can't friends feed each other?"

" Not friends of opposite genders." She crossed her arms.

" Well we are still engaged so you have to feed me or I'm telling Grandma."

" Wait, you heard Grandma come here, didn't you?"

' What the... This guy is really shameless . Ping ,help!'

' You're on your own kid.'

Wang Linxue picked up the soup on the table and fed it to him. He had an innocent expression on his face and Wang Linxue who was aggrieved fed him the soup till it was done.

" The soup was extra sweet today. Since it was from my dear fiance." He said as he laid back on bed with satisfaction .

" Tch! You- Whatever! Keep it up and you'll be a pig."

He chuckled and closed his eyes frowning a bit.

" Are you okay? "

" Not really." He paused, " Can you stay with me today?"

" What? I-I can't..."

" I want you to take care of me. Please, like you used to."

Facing this weak and handsome face pleading, her heart was wavered. Damn it male lead! You're supposed to be strong not act like a soft puppy!

Should she call Ling Zhirou?
It would sound weird to others but she was the female lead and was now here so she should wipe her hands clean off him.

She didn't want any problems. What should she do?

Vote and comment 💕💕