Chapter LIX

Quan Fumin felt a surge of emotions as he witnessed his friend pulling Wang Linxue aside. His heart raced, and a mix of worry and frustration washed over him. He couldn't help but clench his fist in anger, his mind swirling with a flurry of thoughts.

An unexpected train of events led to this and he felt extremely sorry but that didn't change his anger towards Xi Jinwei. Wang Linxue had every right to go out with her friend if she wanted to. Why did he have to be so angry?

If he had known it would be like this, he would not have brought her here with him. She did always say she had a boyfriend and that sucked but he actually didn't expect...

As he grappled with his conflicting emotions, his friend's voice broke through the quiet room, "It's not your fault, man. You didn't know," Cheng Qi reassured him, trying to alleviate his concerns.

Cheng Qi understood the complexity of the situation and attempted to console him. Xi Jinwei has always been a bit obsessive with Linxue and that was a very huge problem in their relationship. He got jealous very easily and bottled up everything. But at the same time, Ling Zhirou was an obstacle in their relationship he tried to ignore.

However, Fu Tuying, injecting a hint of cynicism into his words. "That doesn't change anything does it. You're a relationship wrecker my boy. " he remarked, their words piercing through Quan Fumin's heart.

Feeling overwhelmed, Quan Fumin knew he had to take a step back, gather his thoughts, and ensure everything was alright. He swiftly wore his coat, and rushed out of the room. Determined to find Wang Linxue and clarify any misunderstandings between her and Jinwei before things got even worse.

Outside the bustling venue, the cool night air embraced Quan Fumin, momentarily soothing his restless spirit. He paused for a moment, taking a deep breath to steady himself. The city lights twinkled like distant stars, offering a sense of solace amidst the chaos within.

Quan Fumin eyes immediately found Wang Linxue who was alone by the parking lot away from the prying eyes. She seemed to be shaking profusely.

As he walked closer, their eyes locked, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still. Quan Fumin mustered the courage to approach her, his voice steady but laced with vulnerability.

"Linxue, we need to talk," he began, his words carrying the weight of his emotions. "I want you to know that I never intended to come between you and Jinwei. I value our friendship deeply, and I would never jeopardize that. Where is he?" He finally reached beside her and found her eyes rimmed red like she was about to cry.

Silence hung in the air, pregnant with unspoken words. Wang Linxue shook her head and turned away from him .

" Linxue?"

" I don't ...know." She covered her face.

" Hey!" He caught her cheeks in his palm, allowing her to face him.

" Its okay. It's not your fault. Now stop crying, you look so ugly like this."

" I know, but..." She sniffed ignoring his jab. Wang Linxue felt guilty. She did also tell him to stay away from Ling Zhirou and not hang around her just a few hours ago and though they knew each other since childhood and were good friends. Then in just a few hours she does exactly what she told him what not to do with someone else he possible couldn't have known.

Quan Fumin removed his jacket over her and tightly pulled it over her .

" Thank you."Wang Linxue smiled at him and he gazes at her wondering what she mood was right now.

" Mm." He pulled away from her almost shyly. He shifted on his foot and gave her a small smile.

" Let's take you home."