Chapter LIX

" Young Master?"

" Mm?" Xi Jinwei rubbed Weizhe's head softly as it panted and wagged it's tail in satisfaction oblivious to his master's distress and all too pleased with the attention.

" Did you have to do this? Isn't it a bit extreme? She might break up with you. You didn't even show up to school today." His bodyguard/driver scolded.

Hearing this, he sighed tiredly placing his head in his folded arms and leaning on his bent knees and his dog whined at the loss of attention. " I know. But if my suspicions are correct then doing this will make Ling Zhirou would leave her alone. At least for a while , so I get to the bottom of this."

" But, you could have told her. Your girlfriend could have helped you. Why did you have to do it this way? What if she doesn't forgive you? And how do you get to the bottom of this? I swear kids these days." The man grumbled the last part sitting beside the Young Master on the stairs outsiders.

Weizhe nudged it's master's hand but whined when Xi Jinwei ignored it. Xi Jinwei lamented as he buried his face. Being a teenager was already hard as it is.
Then his grandparents had decided to make him shoulder the Xi clan regardless of what the other elders in the branch family thought.
Then he just had to find out yesterday that his long time childhood friend was plotting to kill his girlfriend.

Life sucked.

After returning home from school yesterday, his bodyguard played an audio of a conversation that went on from the Fu Tuying's side.

Fu Tuying sounded a bit agitated and slipped, mentioning Zhirou's name. He never mentioned her name when ever they spoke on the phone but for some reason, Fu Tuying seemed a bit angry and couldn't help but utter her name in frustration.

He could not believe it and replayed the audio multiple times before settling but his heart was anxious. Everything snapped in place as he recalled other conversations between the two and he exhaled tiredly.

' How was he going to handle this and not mess it up?'

Flashback

Xi Jinwei entered the KTV room with Cheng Qi that his friends had booked . It was a school night but somehow, they persuaded him to tag along even though he wasn't feeling outgoing at the moment.

" Song Cang, don't you feel embarrassed hanging with high schoolers like us?" Cheng Qi said beside him taking a seat.

" What is that supposed to mean? I'm only a year older than you guys. And I have a college break. Can't I come visit my juniors." He pursed his lips in mock anger.

" I think you should find yourself a girlfriend instead." Fu Tuying said and Xi Jinwei clenched his fist hearing at the mere sound of his voice. Hatred filled him up.

" Whatever. I'm still young, no pressure.But then again even this brat has a girlfriend, life isn't fair!" Song Cang pointed at Xi Jinwei but he barely heard it.

"Anyway " Song Cang continued when he was ignored . "Look at Ye Gusuo who is too much like a rock ,he is always still manages to get with girls. Is this what girls like nowadays. A slab of stone? Tch!"

Ye Gusuo scowled at being dragged into their banter.

"Besides, aren't we the same age? What are you doing hanging out with high schoolers yourself, oh ,Mr Prodigy?"Song Cang mocked Fu Tuying harrumphing.

Fu Tuying opened his mouth to answer but was cut off once more.

"At least you're not the only prodigy here or your head is going to be bigger than the my grandfather's belly!" Song Cang laughed as he added banging the table.