Chapter LII

''You just had to open your big mouth , Wang Linxue. Why not say something nice and let her leave you alone. Have no comeback. But no, you just had to say, you barely did anything''. Wang Linxue scolded herself while she sat down with the other assistants in a small theater. An assistant has to follow her around to assist with whatever she needs. Obviously, she didn't want to do so. But Ling Zhirou chose her.

The talents sat on the front row seats together some chattering with each other while others were quiet waiting, like that coffee guy. She never actually caught his name though. Or why he was called Young Master.

" Why don't you keep your lecherous gazes from my Young Master will you?"

" And why don't you keep your lecherous gazes from me." She retorted. How old are you by the way, always arguing with me?Why are you always beside me?"

" You...!"

" What is his name by the way?"

" Hmph! How could anyone not know the youngest master of the Quan Family?"

Wait, Quan Family? That family is part of the top powerful families in the country. Did she have a death wish? These kind of people didn't take lightly to mocking from lower class ants like her, talking from experience. Ugh!
Was it weird that her mind immediately went to Xi Jinwei? He wasn't like those rich Young Master's who were always scheming and pretentious. He was kind, warm and was forthright with everything. He didn't play tricks on others and was genuine.

"Whatever. I've seen better.''

" Oh yeah?" He laughed in disbelief. " Who?"

"Xi Jinwei." She said honestly but that seemed to amuse the man completely. He laughed till his face started to get red. He almost couldn't breathe and coughed.

"Do you know even who you're talking about?"

" Of course I do, he's my boyfriend."

"Hah! In your dreams can you compare to someone like him. Don't think because you have a pretty face, everyone would favour you." He said referencing to what happened her and Leo Wu earlier.

" You need to have status to back that up girl. Which you clearly don't have so stay away from my Young Master ."

" Whatever. " She didn't want to argue with him anyway.  Besides, Jinwei chased her not the other way round so it was a good feeling of having someone who was respected even at such a young age pinning over her and convincing her to be his girlfriend. She could flaunt it but she wouldn't.

A few minutes later, Leo Wu came into the room to start their lessons which included vocal lessons, movement lesson and acting lessons.

Wang Linxue hung on to every word he said even though it didn't concern her much. Not every day you meet a legend in music. When would she see Renji Liang though?

He briefed them on each of them carefully to show what each entailed. To help them understand what they were dealing with better in their free time, he asked each assistant to pick up a book on each of the lesson for their talents to study.

Wang Linxue had to carry the heavy books in her arms waiting for Ling Zhirou while she chatted up Leo Wu after the lesson was done around late afternoon. It was getting dark and she had to go home instead of waiting for this b*tch!

Her phone vibrated in her hand bag on her shoulders and she quickly answered the call.

"Hey girl, how was your first day? You coming home now? I'm waiting for you so we could study together."

" Minxia we'll take about when I get home. Right now, I'm waiting for her while she chats up Leo Wu."

" Oh ok. I'll be... wait. Did you say Leo Wu?!" She screamed into the phone.

Wang Linxue who had the phone lodged between her ear and her shoulders jerked  and dropped the books when the scream nearly blew off her ear drums.
" Less shouting. Are you crazy?" She scrambled to hold the phone under her ear while picking up the books.

A hand held two books towards her and she thanked the person only to see who it was.

" Oh thank you ,coffee boy?" She said her voice rising with surprise.

" Coffee boy?" Chi Minxia asked still on the line. Annoyed, she cut the call and picked up the rest of the books.

" It's nothing." She got up with him slowly with him while his assistant and very  familiar acquaintance glowered at her.

" Quan Fumin."

" What?"

" My name is Quan Fumin, not coffee boy."

"Oh, ok. Sorry and thanks for your help."

He said nothing and slightly frowned at her. " Sorry for?"

" For calling you coffee boy. Can we be friends?" Wang Linxue smirked while Quan Fumin looked confused.

"Why?" He asked in a daze.

'Just to spite someone.' She glanced at the assistant behind him who looked ready to beat her up the moment his' Young Master' left.

" I don't know. Had a change of heart. I thought you were a spoiled brat. "

" Why would I want to be friends with you?" He sneered snapping out of his daze, " I am just doing what a reasonable person would do if they see someone in need. Don't get the wrong idea." He frowned and walked away, his assistant in tow.

This assistant smirked in victory as he passed by Wang Linxue who rolled her eyes at him. If he wasn't Quan Fumin's assistant she would have thought he was gay. Always jealous when girls talk to his friend and following his guy around wherever.

" Let's go. " Ling Zhirou said as she passed by her.

" How was your day, sister?" She chirped turning around for a moment to smile.

" We're not that close so don't ask me that."

" Oh, but you're my assistant now.  And I can make you want to quit if you don't start speaking to me with respect. I've upped you on so many levels so don't test me. "

" I can do that, Ling Zhirou. And sure enough you're better at me now. So Thank God you've stopped pestering my boyfriend. He'll never be yours as long as I'm here. You can't up me on that can you?"

Ling Zhirou stopped and frowned at her in hatred. A few moments trickled by with the two staring at each other fiercely. Then ,she began to smile before chuckling loudly. Sighing in pity, she walked ahead leaving Wang Linxue confused.

Why did she have such a weird feeling that Ling Zhirou knew something she didn't?

Ok, and that is it.  Thanks for voting guys. Means the world to me. Who can guess why Ling Zhirou is so confident about everything that is happening?