Chapter XVII

She entered the room slowly and it really looked lifeless , like a hotel room. Without a touch of home.
Everything was too well set,too well made with minimal furniture here and there and a dark brown wardrobe.

The bed was the only thing that looked a bit ruffled though. She walked quietly inside and looked around.

The room looked good overall, with white curtains ,grey walls and French windows. The grey carpet gave the room a soft feel and there was a chair next to a desk were things were placed in order.

The room didn't have a lot of things though and it looked like a guest made a reservation here.

" Hello? Male Lead-um I mean Xi Jinwei? You here?" She called out cautiously.

She knocked on the bathroom door and called out again. She looked through every crook and cranny of the place.

Where could he be?

She open another door in the room and saw drawing canvases and drawing equipment everywhere.
This room looked colourful with drawings and paintings here and there.

She closed the door not wanting to intrude on privacy of anyone, when someone suddenly opened the front door. A small figure dashed in and Xi Jinwei entered followed behind.

Dressed in a dark sweater really highlighted his pale looks and the way it contrasted looked aesthetically pleasing to look at.

A furry creature ran past the bed again and nibbled on Xi Jinwei's on his white trousers while he stood at the doorway with his had on the doorknob.

He looked quite surprised at her being here with his eyes widened.

"Fu...Wang Linxue? You- what are you doing here?"

" Surprise visit! "she exclaimed and raised her hand in excitement to which he got a bit startled.

"Woof woof! Woof! "

The dog started to bark at her probably due to her loud shout and Xi Jinwei carried it and stroked it cheeks softly.

'Lucky dog! Who wouldn't want to be pet by the Male Lead?'

"Is that your puppy? What's his name?"

"Weizhe. What are you doing here, Linxue?"

" Um, can't I come visit you? We're friends after all , right?" Wang Linxue made a sad but cute face at him. Or least she hoped it was.

"Can I pet him?"

He turned the dog her way but it scrambled away in his arms not wanting Wang Linxue to touch it.

He placed the puppy on the ground and it scattled away.

" Weird dog. Dogs love me." Wang Linxue pouted.

He chuckled, " He just doesn't like strangers. He'll warm up to you soon."

Miss Lei Lei knocked on the door and Xi Jinwei being closer to the door opened it and took the tray full of some light snacks for them and closed the door.

" Here."

After settling down in his room and having small talk, Xi Jinwei sat on his desk drawing something while Wang Linxue sat on the bed, her eyes looked so starry. Xi Jinwei who looked at her wondered what she was watching.

" Is that drama you are watching?"

" Mm"

"Is it the latest one?"

"..."

Seeing that she didn't respond, he came to sit by her to see what he was watching. The dialogue was getting a bit...heated.

**" I haven't even touched you yet?"

"W-Wait, we can't do this. Your parents don't approve of me, of us."

The guy in the drama caught the girl's hand as she was walking away from the bed and pulled her back to bed.

" Do you think I care Li'er? I can't live without you. I can't be apart from you any longer. Let's do this, Li'er. This way, they would have to approve if you get pregnant."**

What the hell? He turned to the girl sitting on the bed who looked so engrossed in the scene. The two leads in the drama looked like they were about to do the 'deed', before Wang Linxue realized that there was someone sitting beside.

" Ah! Xi Jinwei!" She flailed her hands dropped her phone to the ground.

" What?"

" You...what were you doing?"

He smirked at her and got up.

What? Who... Why was he smirking like that?

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Not thinking, she got up and grabbed his sweater by the back to stop him from going back to his desk.

He did not expect that and was made to turn to her but because he was unstable he fell on top of her, hitting their heads together.

"Argh...aiyo my head! "

" Eishh, ow!!"

The door suddenly opened and they didn't have time to scrambled away when a boy about their age stood at the door with his mouth agape.

They both turned to the figure slowly and looked at each other's faces like movie. They quickly scrambled away at the same time before getting up.

"Haha, Jinwei you...ahaha!!"

Wang Linxue studied the boy in front of her carefully.

Dressed in all white polo shirt, trousers and sneakers, what she noticed was his appearance.

Man, this novel gives her a lot of eye candies to suck on.

He had a playful glint in his eye as he stared at the two.

"Hey there, handsome!"

The eyes of both of boys widened at her words as they stared at the girl in front of them.

" Hi." He waved at her and chuckled," Xi Jinwei, if your fiancee find that you have a girl here, she is going to be pissed ."

" She's my fiancee. Wang Linxue, this is Fu Tuying. Fu Tuying, Wang Linxue."

"Huh?"

Oi! Oi!! Oi!!! What the hell? Since when were they friends?

'Since when were Fu Tuying and Xi Jinwei friends? I wonder.' Ping asked calmly but sarcastically and chuckled in irony.

What's going on here?

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment on my chapter. Also, what do you think was Xi Jinwei and Fu Tuying relationship in the novel before? Also what caused them to be friends in this lifetime? If you pay attention ,you would notice😙😙.

If I have made any grammatical error just draw my attention guys.
Thanks for reading.