Chapter XLVI

Sorry about the update earlier. I mistakenly pressed the Publish button. This is a two in one chapter  so enjoy.
Comment and Vote .

Xi Jinwei, now dressed in his long white sleeved shirt tucked into his dark trousers neatly conversed shortly with some aquiantances of his who were curious about where his fiancée was. He didn't mind , delighted even and said a few words before going to his uncle Shen Huoying who asked him earlier to come see him.

His grandfather had assigned him his uncle to teach him some things he would need as Xi Successor while checking up on things and supervising from time to time since he had the most experience as the Xi Patriarch.

Shen Huoying was the husband of the Xi Patriarch's daughter and father's twin sister so he was given the mandate to teach him though he could not inherit the Xi Corporation.

No wonder Jinwei's surname was changed from Tang to Xi. His grandparents had plans from long ago to make him Xi Successor.

" Ah, Jinwei, you are here. I was just going to tell you earlier that your training has been pushed forward. You leave in two months." Shen Huoying told him as they moved away from the people. His uncle looked stern though his personality was quite different unless situation called for him to be.

" I would like to finish high school before going for the extensive training, uncle." Xi Jinwei stated politely barely unable to contain his anxiousness as he countered his uncle's earlier statement.

"What? Why would you want that? The high school certificate isn't a requirement, you know. With your grades and intelligence, you could get into a reputable university the Xi Family is taking you to. No need to worry." Shen Huoying waved his doubt away though he knew why the boy was asking of this.

" I.... it's not about the c-certificate, it's just that......I want, um, you see-the thing is that, well....." Xi Jinwei fumbled nervously while trying to express himself. He expressed himself just fine earlier. Why was he so tongue-tied now? Damn it!

His uncle laughed inwardly seeing this but he had to be a bit strict when dealing with this situation. To let the boy practice assertiveness and be firm to express what he wanted clearly. Xi Jinwei clearly lacked a fatherly figure but he would do his best as his uncle.

" If nothing else, enjoy the party. We will meet in a few days to continue." Shen Huoying said to him patting his back, waiting to see if he would say anything else but started to turn away.

"I would like to finish high school because, I want to spend more time with my girlfriend, uncle!" He burst out unable to contain himself.

"Are you saying your girlfriend is more important than the Xi Family? That you would put your training on hold for her?" He asked him sternly acting angry.

Xi Jinwei almost scoffed. It's not like he said he would not go for the training. It would only be delayed. If the Xi couldn't grant him this much then he would feel a lot of pressure.

"She's very important to me uncle." He stated indirectly so he doesn't offend his uncle who he clearly respected very much.

" Ok." Shen Huoying stated simply losing his sternness in a flash before patting his nephew's shoulder in understanding. He didn't want to say much.

" Have a good day nephew."

'Wait? Was it that easy or simple?' Xi Jinwei didn't expect to agree so easily and stared at his uncle's back as he left. He stood there in a daze for a few moments he had the chance he wouldn't waste it at all. He went to meet up with his grandfather to talk about the engagement annulment ,like she wants.