Chapter LIV

They walked together along the bustling streets of their town, their laughter and animated conversation filling the air.

Their destination was a popular Chinese shop, known for its delectable cuisine and cozy ambiance. Pushing open the door, they entered the bustling eatery, filled with the ar itoma of fragrant spices and the clinking of utensils.
A waiter escorted them to a large table that fitted their number and they sat down looking around the place before they were offered a menu.

" What would you like to order?" He asked no one in particular.

" We're waiting for someone, can you back later?" Wang Linxue requested and the waiter nodded going to another table.

As they waited Chi Minxia commented on the dishes while the other looked through the menu agreeing with her. She was the food expert here.

Wang Linxue's heart fluttered with anticipation as she caught sight of Xi Jinwei coming towards them. Unable to contain her happiness, she hugged when he reached their table and pressed a gentle kiss on his cold cheek in greeting.

Xi Jinwei's eyes widened momentarily before radiating with delight. His heart brimming with warmth and joy, he kissed her on the lips briefly.

The table fell silent for a brief moment, and all eyes turned towards them. Embarrassment tinged her cheeks as she realized their public display of affection had garnered attention. She glanced around, meeting the gazes of their friends.

" Ahem. Hey man." Cheng Qi greeted awkwardly.

" Hi, Sorry I'm late everyone." He apologized taking off his jacket setting it on the chair. He had no sense of shame what so ever.

"We just got here, don't worry. Let's order now." Chi Minxia waved at the waiter eagerly.

" Ok , I'll be ordering for everyone. So we would like to order mapo tofu , sweet and sour chicken. Shen Hui, you like ? "

" I'm not picky eater . You can order." Shen Hui smiled looking through the menu still. " Can you add some spring rolls?"

' Shen Hui smiling that wide, that rare.' Wang Linxue thought. ' Probably because her idol/cousin is here.'

" You heard her waiter. Also add beef with broccoli to the side as well ....oh and some steamed buns. When we want more well call but this is all for now." The waiter took the order and left the table.

" Foodie." Cheng Qi muttered teasingly nudging her.

" Did you miss me Baby?" Xi Jinwei arm was draped casually around her shoulders as purred into her ears and it flushed immediately under his eyes.

" W-Why would I miss you? We talk to each other everyday. Perhaps, you missed me instead." She pursed her lips to hide a smile that was threatening to break out while her ears reddened more.

" Well ,I did miss you dearly Xue'er. You have no idea. I couldn't stop thinking about you. Your eyes, your hair, your lips....'' He kissed her temple slowly reaching her lips, pecking it without regard for who was watching .

" S-Shameless! Get away from me!" She whisper yelled at him eliciting a smirk from him.
She just wish she could wipe it off his face.

Porcelain rattled together till the waiter finally placed everything down.

Plates filled with an assortment of dishes were placed before them, an array of colors and flavors enticing their senses.

The room was filled with the clinking of chopsticks and the gentle sound of conversations intertwined. Laughter and snippets of animated discussion filled the space.