Chapter L

Wang Linxue shivered , goosebumps littering her leg. Tossing in the bed, she tried pulling the cover over herself but was met with resistance. With her eyes shut, she groped the bed for the bed cover but felt a solid body over the blanket she tries to pull.

Beside her , Xi Jinwei slept soundly, oblivious to the cold. His dark sweater and dark pants seem to provide the warmth she couldn't get.

' If mom was here what would she do.' Wang Linxue pondered while getting up. 'Would she scold us or just ignore us? Mom likes Jinwei even more than me sometimes and would side with him when they were younger even though he was clearly at fault. This guy always has people like him for no reason. Perhaps the male lead halo was real.'

In the midst of her thoughts and stretching, her stomach growled loudly, breaking the silence of the room. The realization hit her that they had gone to bed without eating the yesterday.

It wasn't that late when he came in but they managed to sleep the whole night after cuddling. The sun hadn't risen yet and it was still a bit dark outside.

The alarm read 5: 19 on the desk near the bed .

As he slept, Xi Jinwei's dark hair cascaded over his pale skin, creating a striking contrast. The strands of hair seemed to dance delicately against his forehead.

His pink lips, slightly parted in slumber, added a touch of vulnerability to his peaceful countenance. The soft breaths that escaped through his parted lips were a testament to the serenity of his sleep.

How could someone look so good in their sleep? Definitely Mr Male Lead.

"Jinwei." She whispered softly as she leaned against him.

" Baby?" She tested shyly. Gosh! She would never be able to say that if he was awake.

She got into the bathroom to wash up, then the kitchen and looked at the ingredients that was available.

"Milk porridge will do." She murmured to herself as she scanned the ingredients available in the cabinets.

Soon ,the kitchen filled with the comforting aroma of the simmering liquid. She blended the fruits she found in the fridge to make a into a smoothie adding water to make it a bit lighter.

Wang Linxue had never cooked for anyone , scratch that...a boy before. She wasn't sure how he would like it. He had a very rigid diet all the time and was a very picky eater. She tensed pausing at what she was doing.

'Since when was she anxious about impressing anyone.' Wang Linxue scoffed .They should be glad she even cooked for them.

Hmph!

Wang Linxue returned back to her room and found Jinwei still sleeping soundly.

Was he that tired? Has the training to be the next Xi Successor been doing taking a toll on him? He had not told her about it but she had read the novel and so she knew about this.

When would he tell her though?

His breaths were slow and deep, dark lashes resting peacefully on cheeks softened by slumber. She almost couldn't bear to wake him.

Wang Linxue poked one finger into his ribs gently. Jinwei grunted softly but didn't wake. Emboldened, she began poking him repeatedly in the same spot to annoy him so he would wake.

Xi Jinwei jerked awake his eyes flying open in confusion. Before he could fully grasp his surroundings, Linxue continued her playful attack. Her fingers danced ruthlessly over his ribs, eliciting squawks and breathless laughter.

' Had she found out his tickle spot?'

Still partly foggy with sleep, Xi Jinwei lacked the coordination to catch her hands. He slapped ineffectually at her wrists between bouts of helpless giggles.