Chapter XXXV

Earlier

When the music teacher was done with his lectures, some of the audience decided to leave. They came to watch in support of their fellow colleagues who were going to compete against other schools. The other competitors spoke to themselves while some asked the dance teacher and the intern some questions .

Ling Zhirou looked around and found Chi Minxia with Xi Jinwei still in the somewhat crowded room. He seemed to be asking her something then nodding as she explained ,before he turned to look at Wang Linxue who was speaking to the music teacher about something as well. Chi Minxia gave him a thumbs up before leaving the room with others.

He started to walk towards her in long strides but she went forward and grabbed his arm.

" Little Cloud, you...can you help me with something?" She held him tighter and bit her lip. Right now she looked like a white jade flower, her appearance innocent and fairy like.
Whatever he was thinking of doing, she was not going to let it happen.

He tried to get her hands off his arm a bit distractedly," Just a moment, I need to speak to..."

" Please, it won't take very long." She interrupted and nodded towards Wang Linxue.

" You want to see Sister, but she's still talking to the teacher. Don't try to disturb her or she might get angry. When we're done you can go to her. Please." She looked agrieved and helpless.

He softened when he thought of this then gave her his full attention. He asked her what the problem was.

" Um, so I know you used to play the piano .I-" She looked like she was hesitant to speak.

" Why? What is it?" He asked but he started to shift away when people wanted to pass by. So he instinctively held her closer to bring her out of the way.

Some of the girls passing by giggled at them who looked like a match made in heaven.

Ling Zhirou was delighted ,sporting a shy smile on her face as she looked down and asked.

" So earlier, teacher said I don't know how to enjoy the sereness of the music pieces I play and just jump into it. Can you help me you, tutor me for a while. So that I find my groove. Will you, Little Cloud?" She blinked her large eyes innocently.

Right now, she didn't even care about Wang Linxue. All she wanted was to spend time with Xi Jinwei and have him on her side since he was clearly entranced by the b*tch of a sister she had. Always getting in her way!

" I haven't played in a while now Zhirou." Feeling reluctant to play, he commented.

" Oh I'm sure we could manage." She smiled leading him to the piano room.

She got an extra piano stool and joined them together to sit beside him. She picked a random tune and started to play the piece.

As she played the piano ,he gestured that she stopped. From how he saw it, her playing was perfect. Almost too prefect. The piece needed some life and emotions from the player and this was achieved by very detailed pauses and speed ups from the player.

Hand movements and expressions were also key to show the audience around that you enjoyed what you played.

" Do you enjoy playing the piano?" He asked her offhandedly.

" I-" She looked at her fingers.

"Let's start again." He started to play the piece she just played and explained to her what exactly she needed to do.

Actually, she learned the piano because of Jinwei because she saw the memories the goddess showed her about what would happen. She decided to learn so they would have some things in common .