121-125

Show menu

 NOVEL EBOOK

Novel

His Genius Wife Is A Superstar

 Chapter 121 Son - in

HIS GENIUS WIFE IS A SUPERSTAR

C121 Son - in

Chapter 121 Son - in

The sound of the ringing phone awakened Long Tengfei. He quickly answered it so as not to disturb his wife, Yang Jiahui, who was sleeping beside him.

It was his assistant, Cao Guang, informing him that the Young Miss Xiulan was rushed to the hospital because she fainted in the middle of the night. It seemed that Cao Guang’s nephew, Dominic Chua, called his uncle and wailed nonstop on the phone.

The uncle couldn’t understand what his nephew was saying, only able to squeeze out relevant keywords like "boss", "hospital", "fainted", "scary" and "dying". Knowing that his nephew had the tendency to exaggerate, Cao Guang immediately contacted the hospital and was able to speak directly to Dr. Ching. He was assured that the Young Miss Xiulan’s condition was not too serious but was concerning enough not to take lightly. With this information, he called President Long and awaited instructions.

Long Tengfei was, of course, worried about his daughter. She was doing so well since she woke up from coma, appearing to live a healthy lifestyle. Then suddenly she was hospitalized again. He wanted to see her but their tense and distant relationship in the past made him hesitate.

"What’s wrong?" Yang Jiahui woke up and asked him sleepily.

"Xiulan is in the hospital."

"What?" She was instantly awake.

"She apparently fainted."

"Then what are you waiting for? Go see her."

"But what if she doesn’t want to see me?"

She sighed at her husband. "How will you know if you don’t even try? And stop waiting for her to make the first move. Both of you are really father and child, both so stubborn. You’re the elder and should be the one who’s more understanding. Don’t expect her to be the first one to give in. Go get ready now and see her. Don’t wait until you lose this chance or you may regret it later."

Long Tengfei took a couple of minutes to make up his mind. Finally, he agreed with his wife. He rose from the bed.

"Does Wei Lan know?" Yang Jiahui asked.

He scowled, his tone was cold when he replied. "Why would I know whether she knows or not? I don’t talk to that woman anymore."

"She’s your daughter’s mother, Tengfei. You may have parted with bad feelings but she still deserves to know what happened to her daughter."

"Fine. I’ll tell Cao Guang to inform her."

Within an hour, Long Tengfei reached the hospital, a bouquet of bright daffodils and daisies in his arms. Cao Guang accompanied him carrying a big basket of various fruits. They took the elevator and headed to the private wing.