406-410

Show menu

 NOVEL EBOOK

Novel

His Genius Wife Is A Superstar

 Chapter 406 - Worry

HIS GENIUS WIFE IS A SUPERSTAR

C406 - Worry

Chapter 406 - Worry

Gold Heights Condominium.

When they reached their bedroom, Iris continued to pull Jin Liwei all the way to the bathroom. She stripped him of his clothes except for his boxers and examined his body under the lights. She felt furious after seeing the small bruises and tiny scratches on his body.

Of course, Jin Liwei’s light bruises and scratches were nothing compared to Long Hui’s nasty injuries. To Iris, however, they were a big deal. She almost called the driver to bring Long Hui back to the penthouse so that she could personally beat him up for leaving marks on her darling.

"They don’t hurt. I don’t even feel them," Jin Liwei assured her.

And indeed, he could barely feel them. In fact, his body hurt more after an intense workout than after his fight with Long Hui. The fucker only got lucky that some of his punches and kicks were able to land.

Iris didn’t reply. She took the first-aid kit and opened it. Then her eyes blanked out as she stared at the contents.

"Uh... Wait here, darling. I need to search this up first...."

Despite feeling pissed off at Long Hui, Jin Liwei couldn’t help but smile in amusement at his baby girl. He pulled her back.

"No need. Here, I’ll show you how to do it."

Iris was a fast learner. But since this was her first time treating injuries herself, her movements were still clumsy. She applied too much medicine, believing that more would make his injuries heal faster.

After treating him, she told him, "I don’t want you getting hurt in a fight again."

"Love, these are nothing. I told you they don’t hurt."

"No, what I mean is that I don’t want you getting hit in a fight again. Or at least, minimize the chance of hits landing on your body. Why don’t I ask Fourth Brother to start coming again? I haven’t had a Systema class with him ever since we returned from Europe. Are you interested in doing Systema with me?"

Jin Liwei thought about her suggestion. "Hmmm... I think I can learn Systema, but I don’t really have any interest in it. I was originally trained in karate, but it has been years since I last practised it. That’s why I’m quite rusty now. Maybe I should start visiting the dojo again."

"It’s up to you. But don’t force yourself, if you don’t have the time. We’re already both so busy that I don’t want anything to decrease our time together any more than necessary."

"Don’t worry, love. Once or twice per week should be enough to refresh my karate skills."

They talked some more about their respective plans of training again in their own respective martials arts while cleaning themselves for the night. Although their conversation was light, they could feel a dark undercurrent in their emotions.