441-445

Show menu

 NOVEL EBOOK

Novel

His Genius Wife Is A Superstar

 Chapter 441 - Death Wish

HIS GENIUS WIFE IS A SUPERSTAR

C441 - Death Wish

Chapter 441 - Death Wish

Jin Chonglin removed his manager’s hand from his arm.

"Chill, man. I’m just going to chat with my sister-in-law. What’s wrong with that? Besides, I’m so nervous for our performance later that I need to talk to her to calm down," he said, looking as relaxed as always, not nervous at all.

Lin Dong rolled his eyes. "Nervous, my ass. I would believe it if those words came from another artist but from Jin Chonglin? No way. You’ve already performed all over Asia and even in other continents. You certainly have more experience than Iris in performing live and you want to talk to her to calm down? Think of something more believable next time."

Jin Chonglin just shrugged and still moved to enter Iris’ dressing room. However, Lin Dong blocked his way with his own body.

"Chonglin! I said let’s go to your own dressing room! I know that she’s your future sister-in-law but others don’t know that. If people saw you entering or exiting her dressing room, it’ll surely create even more misunderstanding."

Lin Dong was already made aware of Iris and Jin Liwei’s relationship because Jin Chonglin frequently went to Dragon Palace mansion to work with Iris on their music collaboration. As Jin Chonglin’s manager, Lin Dong was responsible for checking the progress of anything related to his artist’s showbiz career.

One weekend during the summer, Jin Chonglin brought him to Dragon Palace Home #10 to watch him work with Iris. At first, Lin Dong was very impressed that Iris lived in such a palatial property. When he and Jin Chonglin walked into the grand foyer, he saw the large portrait displayed prominently on top of the twin grand staircases. It was obviously a portrait of Iris with her cats...and a very familiar man.

"Huh? Chonglin, is that man Iris’ mysterious fiancé?" he asked.

"Uh huh," Jin Chonglin carelessly replied.

"Wow. For a moment, I thought that it was your older brother, CEO Jin. But that’s too unbelievable. Ahahaha..."

Jin Chonglin gave him a side-eye. "Unbelievable, huh. But that’s actually my big bro."

"Pft! Yeah, right. As if the President-CEO of Jin Corporation, the number one company in the country, would want to marry a mere young singer like Iris Long—"

"Say that again," a cold voice suddenly interrupted Lin Dong’s next words like a whip.

Jin Liwei appeared from upstairs. He gave a cold glare at Lin Dong, as he climbed down on one of the twin grand staircases with steady steps.

"Did I just hear you describe my beloved fiancée as a ’mere young singer’? I dare you to say that again in my face." Jin Liwei’s tone was so cold that it could freeze hell itself.