476-480

Show menu

 NOVEL EBOOK

Novel

His Genius Wife Is A Superstar

 Chapter 476 - Please Help Me

HIS GENIUS WIFE IS A SUPERSTAR

C476 - Please Help Me

Chapter 476 - Please Help Me

"Permission granted," Iris replied.

"Thanks, Mommy! Meow~ Displaying surveillance video directly from Gold Heights Condo building on TV in 3...2...1—"

The TV flickered, and then the afternoon news program was replaced by real time surveillance video from the condo. It showed what looked like a male and female law enforcement officers talking to Wei Lan, Yi Mei and a stern-looking man inside the main floor’s security office.

Jiang Ying Yue squinted her eyes to get a better look at the man. Then her eyes widened when she finally recognized him. She looked at Iris, silently asking her what was going on. A bad feeling rose inside her.

Iris didn’t respond to her silent question. She continued watching the TV with a serious expression instead.

"Ketchup, adjust the audio so we can hear what they’re talking about," Jin Liwei instructed.

"Okay, Daddy! Meow~"

In just a second, the audio was increased and they could hear sounds from the surveillance video. Ketchup made some more minor adjustments. A couple of seconds later, the voices became loud and clear.

Lu Zihao’s eyes lit up at Ketchup’s capabilities. He would try persuading his sister again to make him another version of the cat AI for his own use. Nobody noticed what he was thinking because the others were too focused on the surveillance video.

The law enforcement officers introduced themselves, saying that they came for Miss Jiang Ying Yue. Both Wei Lan and Yi Mei told them that Jiang Ying Yue and her son left and were living temporarily somewhere else. The officers asked for Jiang Ying Yue’s temporary address. Instead of answering them, however, Wei Lan started complaining about what Long Hui did a few nights ago.

Wei Lan was about to continue badmouthing Long Hui, but the stern-looking man beside her released a loud, forceful cough to interrupt her.

"Miss Jiang is not present here right now. But if you have any business with her, you can talk directly to me," he told the officers. "My name is Hong Shaoqiang, attorney-at-law. Miss Jiang Ying Yue is my client and I’m here to legally represent her."

Jiang Ying Yue looked shocked, confused and anxious all at the same time. She looked at Iris and Jin Liwei who must have already known what was going to happen. They even prepared a lawyer for her. She knew that Hong Shaoqiang was Iris’ laywer. He was an excellent lawyer from a well-known law firm. Jiang Ying Yue already had an idea of why Iris sent her lawyer to represent her, but she prayed that her hunch was wrong. Her eyes were already starting to water at the possibility.