451-455

Show menu

 NOVEL EBOOK

Novel

His Genius Wife Is A Superstar

 Chapter 451 - Must Protec

HIS GENIUS WIFE IS A SUPERSTAR

C451 - Must Protec

Chapter 451 - Must Protec

Ketchup immediately obeyed her mommy’s order. She abandoned her task and retreated, quickly heading her way back to the safety of their home network. Unfortunately, she was unable to poof out of her current predicament. She had been more or less locked inside the virtual place she was in. Even her emergency escape doors were either corrupted or completely destroyed.

It wasn’t that Ketchup had been careless. Not at all. Iris programmed Ketchup to apply all safety precautions of the highest level first before performing any task, no matter how simple or complex it was. Not to mention that Iris was also present this time to oversee the situation and to make sure that Ketchup was performing exactly as she was instructed.

Just a few moments ago, Ketchup had been digging and gathering information about the members of the Young family who had history working for the Singapore branch of Jin Corporation. Since Iris didn’t give her any specific type of information to focus on, Ketchup randomly collected anything that she laid her paws on.

Everything was going smoothly...until Ketchup triggered some type of an intrusion detection system (IDS). It was hidden and very sophisticated that even an advanced AI like Ketchup failed to detect it in time.

Usually, Ketchup was able to circumvent or even completely disable any IDS because Iris had stored several ways to do so in her cat AI’s extensive database which continued to grow each day through self-learning. This IDS, however, wasn’t something Ketchup recognized. No matches were found in her own database. It was a completely new, never-before-seen IDS that was practically undetectable by hackers before triggering it.

It wasn’t Ketchup’s fault, nor was it Iris’.

The IDS was just that powerful. After triggering it, Ketchup instantaneously became the target of a malicious attack. This was the moment Iris reacted and shouted at Ketchup to retreat.

Back to the present, Iris immediately went into full hacker-mode in order to protect and retrieve Ketchup from her precarious situation. Ketchup wasn’t equipped to deal with such forceful and malicious attacks from an unknown source, so Iris had to manually defend her. Iris’ fingers flew over several keyboards in front of her in a blur. Her expression showed that she was in deep concentration.

Jin Liwei stood beside her and watched her in action. He didn’t dare make any sudden movements or noise that might disturb his baby girl and break her concentration. Her earlier shout had alarmed him. He looked at the image of Ketchup in one of the computer monitors on the side.

The white cat lay unmoving in her earlier sphinx-like position. Her green eyes lost their usual glow. They became dull and frozen instead. Her expression was blank, not animated like usual. It was as if her soul had left her body.