《PROLUGE》

SEPTEMBER 2nd, 1977
THURSDAY

Two young Ravenclaws walked through the halls, covered in mud. They were late to class due to the older one's generosity. The younger one, however, could never stay mad at her friend.

'Are you still mad at me?' The blonde spoke.
'I could never stay mad at you' The (color) head answered with a smile.

Finally, they reached the class room. The two opened the door and entered. The whole class went quiet and turned towards them. The two girls smiled sheepishly and walked to their seats. 'Lestrange. Merdiue.' Professor Fontaine called. The two girls turned away from the Ravenclaw side of the classroom and walked towards her.

The older one, Pandora Lestrange, walked ahead while the younger one, y/n Merdiue, walked behind her taller and older friend. 'You are 15 minutes late. And Muddy. I will not tolerate this in my class and in my house. Explain.' She demanded. Y/n peered up at her professor. 'We decided to stay back and help Professor Sprout clean up the greenhouse. Professor.' She said quickly.

The Professor looked at the two innocent faced girls for a moment before sighing. 'Fine. and the mud?' She asked. 'The rain.' Pandora replied. Laughter erupted around the class. Mainly from the Slytherins who shared this class with the Ravenclaws. 'You're witches for Rowena's sake.' Professor Fontaine muttered before waving her wand. The mud disappeared. Y/n and Pandora turned to each other with an "oh" face.

'Go sit.' The professor said sternly. The pair went and took their place. While doing so, y/n managed to catch the eye of the person who most probably, she was completely sure of, laughed the loudest. Regulus Black. Brother of Sirius Black. Son of Walburga and Orion Black. And Y/n academic rival. That's probably how every person in this school knows him.

He was sneering her way when she looked. The girl made a face at him before turning to the professor.

.·:*¨¨* ≈≈ *¨¨*:·.

The class got over and it was the end of the day. About an hour and it would be lunch. The Ravenclaws and the Slytherins exited the class. While y/n walked out of the class, she felt a tap on the shoulder. As soon as she turned, y/n wished she hadn't. There stood the silver squad, Caius Avery, Barty CrouchJr., Isabella Harlow and the rival, Regulus Black.

Y/n rolled her eyes. 'What?' she asked annoyed. 'How are you in Ravenclaw?' Caius asked. Y/n face morphed into confusion. 'What?' she asked again. 'How. are. you. in. Ravenclaw?' Caius asked again, speaking slowly. Barty laughed at his friends doings, Isabella giggled slightly.

Y/n rolled her eyes and started walking towards her dorm. The four followed. 'Come on Merdiue. You're a witch! A pure-blood even! How do you forget about magic in a school of magic!?' The blond, Barty, asked. Y/n just scoffed and kept walking. 'Hey! We're talking to you.' Regulus spoke up. 'Really?' She asked, sounding bored, as she climbed up the stairs which led to the Ravenclaw common room. 'I think she's deaf. Maybe it's a thing for blood traitors' Regulus spat.

They were on the last few steps. 'I bet the only time she would talk is if we talk about her Mudblood friends' Regulus spat. Barty and Avery laughed.

Y/n had enough. She turned on her heel, causing the boys and girl to stop as to not fall.

'Do you ever shut up!? I mean, you think you're so great being a pure blood. Guess what. News flash bro, you suck. And so do your little cronies. And I have a proposition. Beat me in O.W.L.S. and you get whatever you want. But if I beat you, I will make your life a living hell more than it is.'

'Deal?' She asked after a beat of silence

'Deal.' He nodded before walking down the stairs with his friends, Isabella giving Y/n a wave before disappearing down the stairs.

Y/n watched them go before turning to the painting.

'You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I'm quick when I'm thin and slow when I'm fat. The wind is my enemy. What am I? ' The girl in blue said quietly.

'A candle' y/n answered with a smile. The door swung open

Little did she know, she just changed the course of her life.

.·:*¨¨* ≈≈ *¨¨*:·.

WORD COUNT : 742