《24》

Hey guys!!! I just had to put this here, I'm ditching all my plans for January and I'm gonna wing it. But we need to look after Rylan too. And to make things clear. 

YOU ARE A FREAKING LOYAL PERSON! Regulus likes (loves 😌) you. But you're with Rylan and you love Ry. End of story. But is it?

Also, idk how to write emotional scenes. I'm just writing in a way that makes y/n look like not a bitch and how I wanna be treated when I'm crying. Love you.

JANUARY 16th, 1978
MONDAY

The snow had almost completely melted now, leaving the school grounds covered in dew every morning.  The teachers for some reason cooled down a bit on the homework's and had been teaching class normally. Y/n and Regulus often took more walks around the school grounds, skipping their prefect duty. Rylan had started spending less time with the two and it was getting slightly noticeable. To Y/n. Regulus found nothing wrong.

《°•○♡○•°》

'Y/n?' Benny questioned, seeing the girl lean onto the barrels that decorated the outside of the Hufflepuff common room. 'Oh, my god! Finally! I've been waiting here for almost 20 minutes, waiting for one of you to come.' Y/n flashed him a soft smile as she pushed herself off of the wooden cylinders. 'Why? and don't you have class?' Benny chuckled. She shrugged. 'Nope. I have break and next is a free class.' She smiled. 'And why I waited was because I forgot the combination.' Y/n muttered sheepishly, glancing at the barrels. Benny laughed slightly before entering the combination with his foot. 'Thanks!' She gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek before rushing inside. If her memory served her correct, Rylan had a free class next too. And she had searched everywhere he could've been. Even the garden. He was nowhere. So, she concluded that he must be in his dorm. 

Y/n walked to the boys dorm staircase and climbed it, skipping a step or two occasionally. With a knock, she opened the one marked "6th years"

'Ry? Rylan?' She called, looking into the room. Golden sunlight streamed in, showering the room in a warm glow. 

'Rylan?' She called again. This time, the boy looked up. 'Y/n!' He exclaimed quietly before moving the pale golden curtains and walking to the girl. He leaned down for a kiss, which she returned, and smiled at her. 'What are you doing here? Don't you have a class?' Rylan questioned with a smiled, whispering. 'I wanted to check on you. I don't have a class right now, and why are we whispering?' She laughed quietly, raising a hand to his cheek. Rylan gave her his look again and pointed to Amos's bed where the boy was snoring slightly. Y/n nodded and smiled.

Rylan grabbed her hand and walked to his bed. She sat on the end of it while Rylan sat leaning on then headboard. 'Any particular reason to come and see me, love?' He asked, picking up his book again. 'No. Well, yes.' She scooted over to him and laid her head on his shoulder. Rylan pressed a kiss to her head before returning to shading in his book. He was drawing a scene from a few days ago when he, Regulus and Y/n had visited the garden again. The picture showed the three of them, laughing to their hearts content with flower crowns upon their heads. 

Y/n smiled at the picture. 'God, both my best friends are amazing artists. So close to Da Vinci' She joked. 'You mean the guy who drew the Mona Lisa?' Rylan questioned, raising an eyebrow. Y/n nodded. He knew that because his father was a muggle art enthusiast. Rylan laughed. 'Thank you' he smiled before shading. 'So, what's up?' He asked looking down at the girl on his shoulder. 

'I should ask you that. What's up?' She questioned sitting up. 'What do you mean?' He asked giving her a confused smile. 'You know' she gave him a pointed look. He still looked confused. 'Why are you being distant?' She asked, taking his hand in hers. 'Distant?' He questions, looking at her. 'I'm not distant.' He said with a smile, looking down. Y/n saw through it. 'Rylan.' She whispered, raising his face with a finger Nader his chin so he would look at her. 

Tears pooled in his eyes as they met hers. Y/n sighed. 'What's wrong?' She questioned, hugging him. His body started shaking with silent sobs. He shook his head against her shoulder. Y/n hugged him harder. 'It's fine.' she muttered against his his shoulder! Running a hand up and down his back, soothingly. Rylan's arms snaked around her waist, pulling her closer. 'It's okay.' She stumbled again as he put his head to her neck. They spent the next few minutes like that. 

-meanwhile with Regulus-

Regulus sat on the grass outside the school, staring at the slightly cloudy sky. His felt empty. 

'Hello' A voice greeted him as the person sat next to him. It was Pandora. 'Hey...' Regulus trailed off, glancing at her before staring back at the sky. 'You seem troubled.' She mumbled. 'Maybe I am.' He spoke in a short tone. Pandora smiled. 'No need to be snarky about it.' She said soothingly. Regulus turned to her with a puzzled look. 'Why are you here?' He asked. 'Why are you?' She asked back, pulling a knee to her chest and resting her chin on it. 'I... don't know' Regulus confessed. 'I don't either.' Pandora mumbled. The both of them sat there, in a peaceful quiet, watching the clouds roll through the sky. 

-back to Y/n-

Rylan had calmed down slightly, his body still shaking with soft sobs and hiccups. Y/n rubbed his back, still hugging him. They had shifted a bit so that she was leaning against the head board and he laid in her chest. She leaned down and pressed a kiss to his hair. 'You better?' She asked, her hand moving to rub his arm. Rylan nodded, his eyes slightly puffy. 'What wrong?' She repeated her first question. Rylan sniffled before muttering one word. 'Mum.' Bun heart broke. She had met his parents a handful of times when she had stayed over at a younger age, along with Amos and Benny. It was no secret that his mother was fatally ill. She was a sweet soul with the best personality. Y/n hugged Rylan closer and cried slightly. The couple spent the free period in each others arms, tears slipping out randomly.

《°•○♡○•°》

JANUARY 17th, 1978
TUESDAY.

'Y/n' a voice whispered as she walked down the hall to her next class. Marlene and Pandora walked ahead of her. She had History of Magic.

Y/n turned around to see Regulus. He walked with a slight distance but it was close enough for her to hear his whispering. 'Yea?' She muttered, looking to her shoes. 'Where's Rylan?' He asked, looking at her. Y/n fidgeted with the ring Regulus gave her as she answered. 'Went home.' She whispered. 'Why?' Regulus questioned, he was now closer than before. 'His mother. She's sick.' She answered before pulling the ring off and tucking it into her pocket. Regulus' face fell at the news. His heart broke at what she did. 

《°•○♡○•°》

I'm feeling extra down tonight, so, sad chapter...

I'll put in a chapter where Regulus takes her on a date tho. AS A FRIEND! and I also want to make a chapter for quality time between Pandora and Regulus (platonic!) so give me ideas!!!

Love you <33

WORD COUNT : 1244