《26》

big stuff happening this chapter... and this book is nowhere near ending... (And sorry for the many notifs...)

And guys!!! I added another Taylor Swift reference by mistake! Try and find it!!
(hint : it's from reputation.)

1.2K words

FEBRUARY 3RD, 1978
FRIDAY

A bitter wind ruffled the robes of the kids as they walked to the greenhouses. The Hufflepuffs trudged ahead of the Ravenclaws, their hairs blowing around in the wind. Y/n felt a pang in her chest as she thought back to her boyfriend.

Rylan had written to her a few days back, telling that he's coming back only late next month as there were complications with his mothers health.

"I love you." That was what he wrote last with a messy smiley face next to it. Y/n had sent her owl telling him about the many adventures She and Regulus had had. Like, they went trekking in the forest and almost died. Went swimming in a pond and almost died. Went up to the astronomy tower during a bad storm and almost died, to name a few.

'Stop looking so gloomy.' Pandora nudged her best friends shoulder softly. 'Mrs. Fowler will be fine.' Marlene reassured Y/n for what seemed like the hundredth time today. The girl sighed. 'I miss him.' She mumbled. Pandora gave her a small side hug as they reached the greenhouse. Y/n muttered a soft bye as Benny led her to their shared pot.

'Bummed out about your precious Ry-Ry?' Benny asked, wanting to sound teasing but sounding genuine. Y/n smiled softly and shoved his face playfully. 'Ok, calm with the face, lady. You have no idea what I do to get it to look like this.' He laughed quietly as Y/n chuckled. 'Stop poking me' Y/n complained as Benny yet again poked her on the ribs.

°•♡○•°

The class got over soon and Y/n trudged back to the castle for her next one, safely tucked under Benny's arm as he chatted away. Y/n had tuned out his chatter a while back. His chatting could get quite boring at times. Y/n's eyes lit up slightly when her eyes caught a pair of very familiar grey ones. A silent conversation passed through the two pairs of eyes

"Bored?" He raised his eyebrows.
"Yes, quite." She frowned slightly
"Boo hoo." He smirked
"I'm seriously bored, black." She rolled her eyes
"I know. Enjoy your talk with Bennet." He shrugged
"You're the worst." She glared
"Only in opposite land." He gave a teasing smirk.

And that was the end of their conversation as Regulus and his little friend group passed them, not sparing a glance at them.

'Goodbye Y/n' Benny waved as he walked away with the Hufflepuffs. Y/n was soon beside Marlene and Pandora. 'So... What do you wanna do?' Marlene asked, putting an arm around Y/n. Y/n shrugged, sighing as she rubbed her face with both hands. 'It's lunch, right? I suppose we go eat.' She put up her best smile as the three of them walked.

°•♡○•°

After dinner, Y/n walked through the hallways quietly, Regulus by her side as they did their patrolling. It was unusually quite today. Neither of them said anything. Not Y/n with her lame jokes and not Regulus about his day. They didn't even see a single ghost or student.

'Y/n?' Regulus asked quietly after a while of patrolling around the 7th floor and a quick trip to the kitchen. The both of them were holding a waffle each in their hands along with a cup of coffee. 'Yes, Black?' Y/n glanced at him, taking a bite of her chocolate covered waffle, getting a bit of it on the corner of her lip. Regulus watched her for a moment with blank eyes, a longing hid behind the grey of them. How badly he wanted to reach forward and wipe the chocolate off.

Regulus sighed and opened his mouth to speak but stopped when Y/n squealed, being lifted by two arms, a familiar face pressing a kiss to her cheek.

'Hello, love!' Rylan greeted his girlfriend, kissing her cheek. 'Ry! You said you were only coming next month!' Y/n exclaimed, turning around as he set her down, pressing a kiss to his lips, embracing him but making sure to keep her waffle away. 'I know, but I couldn't wait. I might've lied to surprise you. Mother is much better now.' Rylan chuckled, caressing her cheek softly. Regulus watched them with the slightest of smile but if you looked close enough you could see that smile was sad and fading fast as tears filled his eyes.

Regulus looked away, closing his eyes with a sigh as he composed himself, rubbing his nose softly before looking back to them with a smile. 'No greeting for me, Fowler?' Regulus chuckled as Rylan gave Regulus a handshake. 'Hey, Reg.' Rylan chuckled.

'How's your mother now?'
'She's good.'
'That's good.'
'Yea...'
'Yea...'

The both of them stood there, their hands still holding each others in a shake.

'Uh, I suppose you're tired after the train ride, you better rest, Rylan.' Regulus said with a small smile as he took his hand back. 'I suppose so. Thank you Regulus.' Rylan smiled softly before turning back to Y/n and kissing her softly, pulling back with a smile. Y/n gave him a giddy grin as Rylan walked the direction they came from, back to the Hufflepuff common room.

Regulus and Y/n stood there for a moment. Y/n still looking the way Rylan went while Regulus watched Y/n with a slight frown and furrowed eyebrows but his eyes said another story. 'coffee at midnight. We must be mad.' Regulus chuckled. Y/n laughed. The light reflected off of something around Y/n's neck. Regulus saw the necklace. It was Rylans initials. 'Y/n, look up.' Regulus said softly. She did so, their shoulders brushing.

It was as clear as day.
You could hear it in the silence.
You could see it with the lights out.

He was in love.

In love with someone he couldn't have.

In love with someone who loved someone else.

In love. But not loved back.

'Black. You were saying something?' Y/n reminded him as they continued their walk. 'Hmm? oh, nothing, Merdiue. I just wanted to say, don't go boasting to Avery or Barty or Isa,' He had a strange look on his face. He pauses.

'you're my best friend...' He smiled at her softly. Y/n chuckled and smiled back. 'Well, I suppose you're my... 3rd best friend? but one none the less.' She smiled as they continued walking. Regulus looked at her with that longing look again before sighing and looking to the paintings again, tears filling his eyes again. The boy closed his eyes again, taking a deep breath to compose himself.

In love. But not loved back.

°•♡○•°

A short chapter but a chapter none the less. Rejoice, people! I have awakened! (for a short while :>)

So, how do you like this? don't kill me and this was inspired by "You are in love" by Taylor swift in honor of 1989 (TAYLORS VERSION)

LITERALLY SCREAMING ABOUT THAT!!!!!

(ps. I listened to the whole 1989 album while writing this. yea.... I procrastinated a lot...)

Love you guys sm, byeeee~ <333