《16》

DECEMBER 4th, 1977
SUNDAY

THIRD POV

It was now December in Hogwarts. A certain excitement held the school. A slight snow had taken over the school grounds, turning it into a war zone on most weekends. The Winter Ball was as close as ever and was almost all most girls could talk about. The Gryffindors enjoyed the cold, mostly playing mild snowball wars with the Hufflepuff and rough ones with the Slytherins. The Hufflepuffs enjoyed their weekends in either the kitchens, baking with friends, or enveloped in the warmth of the  greenhouses, looking after the plants. The Slytherins almost took over the library, stopped by only the Ravenclaws. The Ravenclaws, if not hogging up half the library, would be either taking quiet walks on the outskirts of the forbidden forest or they would be studying. If asked why they did so during this festive time, they'd reply with "A little extra study did no one any harm."

°•♡○•°

On this slightly chilly day, snow fell slow but beautiful. And in a quiet corner of the library, sat a pair no one thought would ever go beyond scowls and glares. but as of recent, the pair had begun spending time together, even going to Hogsmeade in each others company.

'Darling, I swear, if you set another book on fire, I'll leave.' Regulus threatened, groaning as he hid his face in his hands. 'I'm not doing it on purpose! And don't call me darling.' she whisper-screamed, waving her wand around. Her anger caused a spell to be shot at Regulus's glass of water, causing it to break with a shrill sound. 'you're worse than new born wizards' he muttered, pressing a hand to his eyes. Y/n opened her mouth and raised her hand to retort but instead knocked down a stack of books. She cringed and Regulus glared at her. 'That's it. I'm gonna go tell professor Fontaine that I can't do this!' He muttered, rubbing his face.

'No!'
'Yes.'
'Don't get up!'
'Already am.'
'I'll jinx you!'
'I'll hex you.'
'Sit down!'
'No.'
'You suck!'
'You're worse.'
'I hate you!'
'You think I fancy you?'
'I'll fail!'
'Quit wailing.'
'You're to blame!'
'God...'
'Sit down!'
'No!'

Y/n then tackled Regulus. 'Ow.' He mumbled as she sat up beside him, laughing. Her legs were on his lap and his were tangled next to hers

'I hate you.'
'You think I fancy you?' She used Regulus' own words against him.

Their banter went on until Mrs. Brooke kicked them out.

°•♡○•°

Y/n walked beside Regulus, who held their books, wiping her head stained face. 'God, you look like a baby...' Regulus muttered. 'You are a baby.' She shot back. Regulus cracked a smile at this, looking to the floor and shaking his head. They had formed something of a truce after the Patronus. Especially after the Marauders ignorance towards Y/n as of the past few days.

The both of them walked outside, the snow getting caught in their hair and lashes. Y/n would have normally done this with Rylan, but the boy was at his house, looking after his sick mother.

Regulus raised a hand to ruffle Y/n's hair, causing snowflakes to fall from it. Doing so, he also tangled her hair a bit. And that, she hated.

Just as she was about to spark up another friendly argument, someone called to her. 'Y/n!' She turned to see a tuff of blond hair trudge towards her. 'Peter!' Y/n squealed, running to and embracing him in a hug. She wasn't just happy, she was overjoyed. At least, one Marauder was talking to her.

𝐘𝐨𝐮. || 𝗥.𝗕 || on hold / very slow updates.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara