Chapter 41. Being strong

Caleb POV
"Aaron I'm coming to the house later on today with Aria so she can see her parents." I told Aaron over the phone in my office. "Okay I will get things arranged and let the rest of the crew know so they are ready." Aaron replied.

"I want you there too Aaron and make sure no is late I'll be there at 5." My voice sharp and authoritative. "You got it boss." I hung up the phone preparing myself to explain to Aria what we were going to be doing today.

I walked out of my office going upstairs to her playroom. She's been going in there a lot lately after what happened with Alex.

I knew she was still scared about what happened and paranoid about it. She was having really bad dreams again and not sleeping good at all. Waking up every few hours either crying or screaming.

When we went to the doctors to check on our baby Dr Ron explained that the baby was healthy but Aria needed to sleep and stop stressing so much.

She's been going in the play room ever since I'm guessing to help with stressing so she doesn't harm our baby.

"Come here princess daddy needs to have a serious talk with you." She looked up at me worriedly and confused. "D-did I d-do s-something w-wrong d-daddy?" She asked skeptically.

"No princess you did nothing wrong. It's about your parents." I explained her demeanor changing to scared and frightened.

"Don't worry princess their not going to hurt you. Come with me to the kitchen so we can talk about this." I held out my hand for her to take.

She held onto my hand tightly as if she was afraid her parents might come out of a corner unexpectedly. Instead of going to the kitchen i brought us to the living room instead so she was more comfortable.

"D-do w-we h-have t-to t-talk a-about t-them?" She asked her voice sounding like she was on the verge of tears.  "I'm sorry princess but we've been ignoring this situation for a long time now."

"I want you to be able to move on from this. I want my princess to be happy and feeling safe." I explained to her pulling her into my lap.

A few tears escaped her eyes but she wiped them away hugging me snuggling her face into my neck. "Relax princess I just want what's best for you and our baby." I said while rubbing her back. "I k-know d-daddy." She sobbed into my neck.

"Shhh everything will be okay. Your daddy's brave little princess aren't you baby?" I whispered into her ear trying to calm her down.

She simply nodded her head to respond to me. "We have to be there at five so don't worry about it now." I let her know so she wouldn't worry too much.

"Your safe with daddy. I won't let them hurt you anymore I promise." I cooed into her ear whispering sweet loving things to her so she would calm down.

After awhile she fell asleep in my arms. I let her sleep until it would be time for us to leave. I wish I could take away all her bad dreams so badly and all her fears so she could sleep peacefully and worry free.

Aria POV
I woke up sobbing from a bad dream about my dad beating me to death while I was pregnant. And my mom was laughing as she watched me cry and scream to her for help.

"It's just a dream princess. Your fine, our baby is fine, I'm fine everything is okay baby." Caleb whispered to me to calm my heart and breathing.

"I-I'm s-so t-tired d-daddy I j-just w-want t-to s-sleep." I said through sobs. "I know princess you'll get through this I promise."

He rubbed my back helping me calm down my eyes burning from exhaustion. I nibbled on his neck scared to sleep. I thought my nightmares were starting to go away but they seemed to come back even worse.

"You ready princess it's time to go?" I heard Caleb say. I looked up at him kissing him on his cheek. "I a-appreciate y-you s-so m-much d-daddy." I told him with a weak smile because of my tiredness. "I appreciate you too princess."

Caleb's POV
I carried her into the car because I could tell she was really tired. I almost wanted to just forget about going to her parents and just killing them instead.

But I knew Aria needed closure so she could move on properly for the sake of herself and our baby.

I held her hand the whole drive there she was struggling with keeping her eyes open. She had dark circles under her eyes and her eyes looked like they were burning from exhaustion. She looked like this the first time I saw her.

She would whimper a few times with small tears rolling down her face. She was suffering so much and I hated seeing her go through this much pain.

"D-Daddy." She whined turning on her side in her seat so she was facing me. "I know princess. Everything will be over once we get this over with. Your being so brave and strong for daddy." Her eyes showing so much pain and exhaustion.

We finally arrived to the house. I got out of the car going over to her side so I could carry her inside. Aaron came out rushing over to me. "What's wrong with her boss?" Aaron asked his voice sounding slightly panicked.

"Her nightmares are getting worse. Is everything set up in there?" I asked him as we walked inside the house. "Yes sir they are in the basement chained up and Jerry is also in there for extra protection so they don't hurt her." I nodded my head laying Aria down on the couch.

She began to cry even more holding onto my shirt not wanting to be away from me. I pulled her back to me cradling her in my lap letting her cry into my chest. All my gang members giving her sympathetic looks as they watched her cry.

She was about to fall asleep again I knew if I let her fall asleep she would have another nightmare and it would drain her energy more. "Don't go to sleep yet princess i need you to be strong for daddy." I encourage her.

She rubbed her eyes a few times before she sat up in my lap so she could stand up. She looked around at all the women and men around her. She began to blush turning around facing me so she could hide her blushing face in my neck.

"Awwwwwe she's so cute" Sage complimented. Aria wrapped her arms around my neck snuggling her face into my neck.

"You okay princess?" I asked her while whispering in her ear. "I-I'm f-fine I j-just n-need a m-moment." She replied only loud enough for me to hear.

"Take your time princess. Daddy's here for you." I kissed her head rubbing her back until she found the courage to go down to the basement and see her parents.

She stopped hiding her face in my neck kissing me softly on my cheek hugging me for a few more minutes. "I-I'm r-ready d-daddy." She told me.

"You sure princess?" Wanting to make sure she was completely ready to face them. "I n-need t-to d-do t-this. I-I'm j-just s-scared. I w-will n-never b-be r-ready t-to s-see t-them."

I picked her up and carried her to the kitchen so we were alone so she could prepare her self a little better.

"Don't be afraid princess I will be there the whole time with you. What your doing is really brave and strong daddy's really proud of you princess."

I gave her a small peck on her nose and cheek playfully to cheer her up. She grabbed my hand but stayed as close to me as possible. "Ready princess." I asked her before we went inside. "I-I'm r-ready d-daddy." She confidently replied.