Chapter 74. Frightening busy day

Caleb POV
Aria and Layla went with Jerry and Carson to the mall to look at bridesmaids dresses to buy. Me and Aaron were currently at the jewelry store so I could pick up mine and Arias rings.

I had to pick up my suit from the mall because our wedding was in three days now. I couldn't wait for it to already be our wedding.

It was going to be a busy few days we had a lot of things to do and set up for our wedding. I called Mia to check on the status of our wedding decorations they were all set up and ready to be displayed for our special day.

"I haven't seen you in a while Caleb where have you been?" David asked me while packing up the rings. "I was out of town for awhile then I came back like two years ago." I explained to him.

"Now your getting married. Time flies by." He said with a little laugh. "I hope you have the best wedding ever Caleb. Your a really good man." He said proudly.

Before handing me the bag with the rings inside. "Thanks David it was nice talking to you again." I told him before leaving with Aaron.

We walked out of the store getting in my car so we could go to the mall to get my suit. "Have you checked on the girls?"

I hadn't heard or seen Aria since early this morning it was now almost evening. "Yeah Jerry said they stopped to get something to eat."

"Tell him if Aria doesn't eat to just get her food to go she will eat when she gets home." He texted Jerry quickly letting him know. I continued driving towards the mall with Aria on my mind.

Aria POV
"Here Aria Caleb told us to give you a to go box if your not going to eat your food." Jerry handed it to me making me smile at the mention of Caleb's name. "T-thank y-you."

I put all my food in the box. I only took one bite and stopped eating because I missed Caleb. "C-can y-you c-call h-him I w-want t-to t-talk t-to h-him?" I asked Jerry with pleading eyes.

"I'll see what I can do." He replied I felt like crying not liking his response. "What's wrong Aria?" Layla asked me noticing my watery eyes.

"I m-miss d-da-... C-Caleb." I said through a shaky breath trying my best to hold back my tears.

"Were going home now Aria don't worry Caleb should be back home by the time we get home." She said trying to calm me down.

"Here Caleb's on the phone." Jerry brought me the phone making me almost squeal from happiness.

"Princess what's wrong?" He asked me worriedly. "I m-miss y-you d-daddy." I told him my tears flowing down my face.

"Don't cry princess i should be home soon. Did you eat your food?" He asked concerned. "N-no I c-can't e-eat w-without y-you." I admitted.

"It's okay princess when you get home we will eat together. Don't cry baby daddy misses you too." I tried wiping my tears away to calm down but my anxiety was still high from being away from him for so long.

"I w-want y-you d-daddy." My voice cracked as I spoke from my tears. "I know princess your going home now I'll be there waiting for you okay princess?"

His voice alone comforted me and eased my anxiety a little but I needed to physically touch him to feel completely at ease.

"P-promise d-daddy." I said after taking a deep breath. "I promise princess now be a good girl for daddy. I'll see you when you get home."

I nodded my head forgetting he was on the phone and couldn't see me. "O-okay b-bye I l-love y-you d-daddy." "Love you too princess." He said before I hung up.

I handed Jerry his phone back grabbing my things so we could leave. Layla held my hand as we walked out of the fast food restaurant to our car.

"You okay Aria?" She asked me when we got inside the car. "Mhm." I simply replied laying my head on her shoulder.

Caleb POV
Me and Aaron got home before Aria and Layla. Jerry called me because Aria wanted to talk to me while Layla called Aaron on her phone to talk to him as well.

I heard Aria crying over the phone when I answered. I comforted her the whole time on the phone to calm her down but I knew she wasn't going to be calm until she was in my arms.

It was dark outside and windy like it was going to rain. Me and Aaron were standing on the porch waiting for them to arrive. I could see the headlights from the car coming into the driveway.

Jerry and Carson got out of the car while Aaron and I went to open the door to let Aria and Layla out.

"There's my precious little princess." She immediately wrapped her tiny arms around me hugging me tight like she hasn't seen me in years.

It began to sprinkle on us before a loud thunder and lightning struck loudly making Aria flinch hard and cover her ears with her hands. She squeezed her eyes shut in a panicking way.

I pulled her close to me again rushing her into the house right on time before the rain started pouring down.

I turned to shut and lock the door quickly. When I looked back towards Aria she was in the corner huddled up crying silently.

I crouched down in front of her slowly touching her hand before I lifted her head to look at me. Her tears pooled down her cheeks when she looked at me. "I-it's s-so l-loud I-I'm s-scared." She said frantically.

When I was going to pick her up another loud lightning strike rumbled loudly making her scream and push against the wall to hide herself.

She began to count out loud to try to calm herself down but every time another lightning strike struck she would scream and repeat the same number over and over again that she messed up on.

"Caleb do something she's gonna hurt herself." Aaron yelled while holding Layla close to him to calm her down.

I got down on my knees pulling her close to me whispering into her ear to distract her from the noise.

She slowly started to calm down my voice distracting her from the thunder and lightning.

She wrapped her arms around me fisting my shirt tightly hiding her face in my neck while she continued listening to my voice.

I slowly picked her up taking her upstairs to our bedroom. I knew Aaron and Layla were going to stay the night because it was too dangerous to go out there when it was raining bad like that.

"D-daddy." She cried shaking a little in my arms. "Shh princess just listen to daddy's voice until the storm is over." She straddled my lap still holding onto my shirt closing her eyes while listening to my voice.

I kissed her cheek every now and then to reassure her while whispering sweet things into her ear to help her relax. She eventually fell asleep with her head on my shoulder covered up in the blanket.