Chapter 99. Ace Blackwood

Caleb POV
Everyone came inside checking on Aria and looking at Ace through the glass walls touching him through the little holes that were built into the NICU.

I didn't let Arias hand go since I grabbed her hand while she was giving birth. She was sleeping not being able to stay awake any longer because of how long she's been up. I laid my head on her chest listening to her heart beat slowly falling asleep with her.

"Caleb were going home so we can change and bring you guys food." I heard Aaron tell me. "Okay go, bring a lot of food so she can eat when she wakes up and try to bake some hot fresh cookies for her."

"I'll do it for her Caleb." Layla said happily. "Thanks Layla." She softly smiled at me waving goodbye before they all left the room leaving just me, Aria and Ace in the room.

I looked over at him to make sure he was okay I hated seeing him in the small box it looked like a cage but I knew it was because he was premature and he wouldn't be in there forever.

I heard Aria whimper softly struggling to sit up because she was too weak. "Sleep princess you need to sleep i'm right here everything is okay now." I kissed her cheek and lips to calm her down.

She grabbed onto my shirt in a tight squeeze keeping her eyes shut so she could go back to sleep. "W-water.!" She said weakly I quickly poured some water for her in a cup holding it up to her lips for her to drink holding her head up so it wouldn't spill on her.

"I-is h-he o-okay?" She asked me with a little more energy now. "Yeah baby he's fine." I confirmed to her.

She dragged her hand down my arm touching my bandaged hand. "W-what h-happened t-to y-you?" She asked sitting up abruptly.

"Calm down you can't be moving around like that princess. I'm fine I was just angry." I explained to her but she already had tears streaming down her face. "It's okay princess don't cry I'm fine I promise I let my anger get the best of me."

She pulled me close kissing my bandaged hand pulling me in for a hug I wiped her tears with my thumbs she kissed my lips softly more tears slipping out her eyes as she kissed me.

"I-I'm s-sorry p-please d-don't l-leave m-me I-it's m-my f-fault t-this h-happened." She blamed herself again I could feel my anger rising from hearing her blame herself.

"Stop doing that Aria none of it was your fault I'm not leaving you our baby is fine you never hurt our baby he's fine look at him you did amazing. I don't wanna hear you blaming yourself about this anymore do you hear me? Promise me you won't blame yourself about this anymore."

She nodded her head. "Words princess I wanna hear you promise me." I instructed her. "I p-promise d-daddy." She answered softly hugging me still crying a little.

"No more tears princess I love you so much baby." I kissed her lips gently pulling her into me. "I l-love y-you d-daddy." she breathlessly said against my lips continuing to kiss me back.

We pulled away from each other when we heard the door open Lydia, Sammy, Earl, Layla, and Aaron all coming inside. "Oh good your awake I brought you some delicious food so you don't have to eat the hospital food." Lydia handed me her plate of food.

"T-thank y-you." She smiled at her letting me feed her the food they brought her to eat. "I made you some cookies Aria there freshly baked and extra hot just for you." Layla told her placing the small container next to her. "Y-your t-the b-best L-Layla".

They all complimented the baby comparing him to who he looks the most like out of me and Aria.. I fed her the cookies Layla made for her blowing them to cool em down for her.

"My precious little princess such a good girl for daddy." I praised her for eating most of her food. She blushed softly at my praise kissing my cheek. We heard someone knock on the door Ron walking inside with a clipboard.

"Your awake how do you feel Aria?" He asked her. "I-I'm I-in a l-little p-pain b-but I f-feel m-much b-better n-now t-that I a-ate." She explained to him.

"That's good could you guys step out for a moment while I talk to Aria, you can stay Caleb."

Everyone left the room. "You did great the whole time while in labor. I want you to stay here for two days so I can do more check ups on you."

"The reason you had to give birth so early was because you had very high blood pressure and it triggered you to going into labor. You bled quite a bit you will be anemic for a few days depending on how long it takes for you to regain your blood flow."

She looked over at me then to doctor Ron. "What about our son will we be able to take him home with us when she has to leave?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure at the moment I will let you both know tomorrow but I'm pretty sure you can because everything seems to be going well with both Aria and your son."

"T-thank y-you R-Ron." She thanked him before he left. "Your both very welcome." He smiled warmly at us before leaving and letting everyone back inside. "Is everything okay?" Sammy asked.

"Yeah everything is great we should be able to leave tomorrow with Ace." I told them. "I can't wait to hold him." Lydia said hugging Aria.

She scooted close to me tugging my shirt for me to lean down a little so she could whisper something in my ear. "C-can y-you h-help m-me s-shower p-please?" She asked me hiding her blushing face in my chest.

"It's getting late guys go home and rest." They all got up grabbing their things so they could leave. "Call us if y'all need anything." Aaron and Layla told us. "We will bye guys." They all waved goodbye walking out the room.

"You ready don't rush yourself take your time." She slowly got up holding onto my forearms walking slowly. "Just like that princess nice and slow steps." I helped her sit down on the chair that was under the shower.

I helped her take off the hospital gown making sure the water was warm and not cold. "You okay princess? Does anything hurt?" I asked her needing to make sure she was okay. "N-no I-I'm f-fine m-my l-legs s-still f-feel n-numb a l-little."

I washed her hair and body with the soap Layla brought me. She completely relaxed allowing me to take care of her. "Good little princess." I praised her so she knew how proud I was of her knowing she needed my comfort and loved my praises.

I washed the soap off her body and hair helping her to dry off. "Which one do you want to wear? My shirt or the fluffy pjs set?"

I held up both outfits for her to choose from. "I w-want y-your s-shirt d-daddy." I helped her put it on carefully picking her up to carry her to the bed.

She scooted over patting the extra space beside her for me to lay next to her. "T-take y-your s-shirt o-off p-please." I took it off laying next to her she curled up next to me laying her head on my chest wrapping her tiny arms around my neck.

"I l-love y-you." She whispered softly looking up at me while planting small kisses all over my chest. "I love you too princess." I kissed the top of her head pulling her shirt up so I could rub her back soothingly to help her sleep better.