Chapter 56. Sorrow

Aria POV
I barely got any sleep last night I kept waking up every other hour in fear I'll have a nightmare. I got inside the shower scrubbing my body and hair clean.

Layla texted me that she was coming over and Aaron was bringing over a friend as well. I finished showering drying myself off and got dressed and brushed my teeth and hair.

Aaron and Layla were already here sitting in the living room with Caleb and a boy I recognized when I went to see Andrew and Elizabeth but I didn't know his name.

"Aria!" Layla ran towards me hugging me. "You okay? You look really tired." She said only loud enough for me and her to hear. "W-wanna g-go u-upstairs?" I asked her which she agreed to immediately.

We both went upstairs after I waved hello to Aaron and his friend. We sat on my bed together Layla was laying down beside me while I sat facing her. "Your bed is so comfy." She smiled closing her eyes.

"What's going on Aria? Are your nightmares coming back worse again?" She asked worriedly. "N-no I j-just k-keep h-having t-the s-same n-nightmares b-but t-that's b-beside t-the p-point." She held my hand noticing how hurt I was.

"Tell me what it is Aria I might be able to help." She comforted me. "H-he l-lied t-to m-me a-about w-where h-he w-was g-going a-and i a-asked f-for s-space f-from h-him a-and i r-regret i-it." I explained to her.

"I j-just w-wanted h-him t-to b-be h-honest w-with m-me. B-but I m-miss h-him s-so m-much a-and t-these n-nightmares I k-keep h-having a-are a-always t-the s-same e-either t-their h-hurting m-my b-baby o-or t-taking C-Caleb a-away f-from m-me. I-I'm r-really s-scared L-Layla."

She hugged me tight a few tears falling down my face. "I'm gonna beat him up for hurting you like this." She said angrily making me laugh. "Come on let's go downstairs so I can beat him up." She  grabbed my hand taking me downstairs.

"Caleb your one dead man!" She yelled from the kitchen. When we came into the living room she let go of my hand and ran towards Caleb. Aaron stood up immediately stopping her from getting to him.

"Let me go Aaron or I'm gonna kill you too." She threatened him. He looked over at Caleb and then back to Layla.

"I'm sorry Caleb." Aaron said before letting go of Layla. She punched Caleb all over his stomach and chest he let out fake cry's like he was in pain.

"What did I do?" He asked her when she stopped for a moment. "You hurt Arias feelings." She replied beating him up again. "Okay Layla that's enough beatings for him today." Aaron told her pulling her away from Caleb.

"Well you fucked up big time Caleb." The boy that I recognized but didn't know his name said. Caleb looked over at me I looked down at the floor to avoid making eyes contact with him.

"Shut up Carson leave him alone." Aaron backed up Caleb. "Come on Aria let's go find something to eat." She grabbed my hand mean mugging Caleb while we walked away.

I sat down at the kitchen island while Layla made us some breakfast. She made me laugh keeping my mind off of Caleb talking about all the baby clothes we got and my engagement ring.

She called everyone over to the kitchen after we made their plates so we could eat. They all sat down where they wanted Layla sat next to Aaron Caleb sat on the other side of Aaron the only seat available was between Caleb and Carson.

"I don't think we met, I'm Carson." I shook his hand. "I-I'm A-Aria n-nice t-to m-meet y-you." I replied with a small smile.

We began to eat I could feel Caleb looking at me from time to time. I was just happy he was sitting next to me so I could eat even tho I'd much rather him feed me.

I didn't know how much longer I was going to be able to keep up with keeping my distance with him because this honestly felt worse than him lying to me. I wanted to cry just thinking about how much I loved and missed him.

I couldn't sit there anymore I got up and left to my room before I started crying. This was really hard being away from him when all I ever wanted was to be in his arms every second of my day.

I shut and locked my door so no one would come in I just needed a moment to myself.

"Aria are you okay?" Layla said on the other side of the door. "Y-yeah I-I'm f-fine I j-just n-need a b-break."

I told her trying my best to keep my voice steady so she wouldn't notice I was crying. "Okay I'll be downstairs if you need me."

I laid in my bed letting my tears fall. I heard someone knock on the door "princess let me in." Caleb wiggled the door nob trying to get in. I wiped my tears and got down from the bed to open the door for him.

I unlocked and opened the door walking away before he could look at me. "How long are you planning on staying away from me because I can't do this anymore?" He spoke up after a moment of silence.

"I'm sorry for hurting you that really wasn't what I was trying to do to you I was trying to protect you Aria." He tried touching my hand but I pulled it away. "P-protect m-me f-from w-what? Y-you?" I asked him angrily with tears.

"I a-accepted y-you f-for e-everything y-you d-do. W-why c-couldn't y-you t-trust m-me e-enough t-to t-tell m-me w-what y-you w-were d-doing t-that d-day?" He clenched his fist trying to stay calm.

"I do trust you Aria. I just didn't want you worried because you are carrying our child. I never said I didn't trust you I was just looking out for you and our baby." He angrily replied.

"If I have to protect you from me so your not worrying or stressing out I would do it all over again just so I know my baby and you are safe." Before I could say anything he slammed the door shut leaving the room.

How could I be so stupid and really think he didn't trust me after everything we've been through together. I ran out of my room to find him.

I searched the guest room but he wasn't there so I ran down the hall to go downstairs but he already slammed the front door shut leaving somewhere.

Layla came running towards me with a empathetic expression. "Aria let him cool down he will come back on his own."

She brought me back to my room tucking me into the bed with Mr Tinkles and Caleb's shirt. "Try to get some sleep your baby needs you to rest Aria." She convinced me.

I closed my eyes with tears still flowing through my eyes. She rubbed my head helping me sleep and calm down a little more. She stayed with me until I fell asleep.