Chapter 1: The Princess Fell

"Congratulations Weiwei, for passing the college entrance exam!"

Ling Wei grin at her best friend

"Thank you and congratulations too! we have finally reached adulthood!"

her best friend giggles

"it is only us turned adult! you are still 17 years old yourself! stop daydreaming"

Ling Wei pouts.

because why did she have to study earlier?

that is a good and bad thing about having a professor's grandparents!

Her parents are self-made millionaires, meaning she is a second-generation rich young miss.

her father's parents are both college professors and her mother's parents owned a small farm in a small province.

they met at the university and as they said it was love at first sight.

because her dad is ambitious, he wants to build his own business and her mother supported him wholeheartedly.

their relationship was bumpy at first, her dad is too busy and most of the time, neglected her mother.

Her mother is an understanding and gentle person, this gives her dad more determination to marry Ling Wei's mother and give her the best life.

Her dad succeed, he marries the love of his life, and built his own company, nevertheless, their life faced more obstacles.

The majority of her dad's business partners want him to marry their daughter because they saw how vast his future is.

her mother was pregnant at that time, and each time she hears rumors about her husband, her heart will be broken, and cried until her husband come to ease her heart.

When Ling Wei was born, the Ling couple's lives smoothened a lot.

Ling Wei has everything.

love from her parents, maternal and paternal grandparents, money, and wealth.

she never worries in her entire 17 years.

but her perfect life ended in an accident caused by a drunk driver.

she knows that she was about to die.

her only wish is for her parents to have another child.

even if she died, there is one child who will take care of them, to lessen the pain of losing a child.

that is her only wish.

her parents are good, she hopes that this dying wish will be heard by the gods.

without a choice but to accept her sudden death, Ling Wei closes her eyes.

But right after she closed her eyes, someone shook her and call her name while crying.

her breath stopped for a while and now returned.

she inhales deeply and opens her eyes in disbelief.

but her breath stagnated when she saw her surroundings.

there are unfamiliar faces in an unfamiliar place around her.

the feeling of pain, shock, and panic overwhelm so she lost her consciousness again.

after some unknown time, Ling Wei woke up again.

this time she learned that she is now experiencing the unscientific and unexplainable thing called transmigration.

she thought that it was only in a novel.

It turns out that it is true!

but why doesn't she have any Goldfinger? like living spring? space and just even books about surviving in a poor province in an unknown era?!

she lived like a princess in her previous life! For goodness sake!

now, she turned into 8 years old poor villager child!

"Weiwei! you are finally awake, my daughter!"

a sudden cry woke her up from her reverie, before she can see who it was, she was suddenly hugged tightly by a crying woman.

"even though your dad is gone, Mom is still here! we will work hard for your dream to come to the capital and marry an official okay?"

Ling Wei cry again, from her memory, this was Cheng Waner her new mother.

"Mother I want to be alone!"

Cheng Waner bit her lips to hide the pain

"Okay but if you need anything just call Mother okay?"

Ling Wei bows her head and nodded.

Cheng Waner cry again but still leave her daughter's room.

Ling Wei is feeling at a loss at this moment.

Ling Wei's dream is high.

to marry an official from the capital.

she thought that she can reach her dream easily when her father and grandfather join the war.

unexpectedly, just this morning, a group of soldiers come to their house to hand over her Father and grandfather's soldier token as a sign of their demise.

then she came because the real Ling Wei gave up her life just like that.

"does Weiwei feel pain anywhere?"

the voice is from her grandmother.

Ling Wei felt bitter.

Just this morning, the news of their husband died in the war came but, they still cared more about her.

but what can she do?

she was just 17 years old when she died!

how she will face her new life?

how she will survive?

remembering her mom and dad, she cried again.

because the soldiers can't bring the Ling father and son's corpses so the family can only mourn with memorials and tokens.

after 3 days of crying a river inside her room, Ling Wei finally came out.

wearing her mourning clothes, she goes to the mourning hall.

"Weiwei, do you feel better now?"

Chen Waner asks with worry and pain.

she looks at her new mother and swallows the bitterness seeing how swollen her eyes are and how pale she is,

and she lost a lot of weight in just 3 days.

there is an urge to cry again but she stopped herself.

"Mother I am fine now! please don't worry about me"

Cheng Waner was stunned after hearing her daughter's answer.

knowing her daughter, she should make trouble and she should not be done crying yet, unexpectedly she came out of her room.

and it seems like she changed a lot!

her daughter is spoiled rotten by her and the whole family.

although not the youngest she is the only daughter of 4 children.

at a very young age, she already learns to look down and disdain the whole villagers.

Cheng Waner tried correcting this bad behavior of her but Ling Wei never listen and just decided to stop interacting with anyone except her brothers.

Cheng Waner is gratified seeing her only daughter trying to be strong.