Chapter 136

"Mr. Hu, what is your meaning?"

Ling Chun asked cannot comprehend what was happening

"Uncle, as the letter says, these things have a rightful owner and it is Empress Ling Wei! I am just giving back Weiwei her own things"

Ling Wei did not care about the shock and awe expression of the people around her, when the items came at her she shakily reached out and ignored everything and gently took the letter.

The guests were a little unsure why Ling Wei was more interested compared to the crown or the rare jade.

She breathes heavily to calm her loud beating heart.

After taking the letter, she suddenly stood up and said to her parents

"Mom, Dad, I'll go to the washroom"

Then hurriedly left without looking back.

The other guests are dumbfounded seeing her ignoring the crown and the jade.

Hu Yi Sheng chuckled and stood up as well.

"Mom, Dad, I'll accompany Weiwei"

The Ling couple nodded in confusion then reacted after a whole minute

"Who is his Dad and Mom?! That shameless man!"

Su Xue grumbled while Ling Chun gritted his teeth.

If he can he wanted to smack that annoying thick face!

The assistant did not know what to do to the crown and jade after Ling Wei and Hu Yi Sheng left so he turned to Ling Chun.

"Don't ask me, wait for the owner"

He said, making the assistant helpless.

These rich people are truly weird! They don't want these gems but instead are interested in a piece of scrap paper!

Hu Yi Sheng did not find Ling Wei in the washroom instead she was in the garden.

Ling Wei hastily wiped her tears when someone sat by her side.

She looked up and saw Hu Yi Sheng hand her a white handkerchief.

Ling Wei slowly received it but did not use it, instead, she just held it with both of her hands.

She breathed heavily then said

"Thank you for the wonderful gift"

Hu Yi Sheng looked at her tenderly before gently answering

"Whatever you want, I will give it to you"

Ling Wei smiled, the first ever genuine and sincere smile she had given him since they met making Hu Yi Sheng dazzled.

"I want to repay with a short story about Long Kingdom"

Hu Yi Sheng at first wanted to decline but after hearing the second half of her sentence he agreed.

"Long Kingdom as they said a prosperous Empire, the Imperial Family had a different rule for the next heir of the throne but later demolished"

She sighed and looked at the start then continue

"Empress Ling Wei came from a humble background, her father and grandfather were originally hunters who decided to become soldiers and join the war"

"then unfortunately they become falling soldier leaving the two women with 4 children, 3 boys and the only girl, Ling Wei"

She chuckled

"then the Ling family become prosperous and start their next journey in the capital, then they start meeting rich families and Imperial family, at the age of 18, Empress Ling Wei married the 6th prince who was later on become the emperor"

Hu Yi Sheng frowned, a lot of unknown memories came crashing into his mind, Ling Wei did not notice his reaction, so she continues

"A year later the prince was born, and they named him Long Dingbang"

"To protect the country"

Hu Yi Sheng utter

"Yeah! Long Dingbang will be the next protector of the Long Empire"

Ling Wei proudly announced the twinkling in her eyes was more shiny than the moon in the sky.

"then a princess was born"

Ling Wei smiled before taking a jade pendant then handed it to Hu Yi Sheng

"Because you gave me a pendant, I will also gift you one"

Hu Yi Sheng looked at her seriously then reached out to accept the pendant

"Empress Ling Wei's husband, what is his name?"

Ling Wei who was about to leave paused then looked back at him and murmured while looking straight into his eyes

"Emperor Long Yi Sheng"

Then a sudden 'bang' like something exploded inside his head after hearing a familiar and yet unfamiliar name.

Ling Wei left with the hope that he would remember who he was.

Hu Yi Sheng looks at the character 'Sheng' with a tiger carved in it.

There was an overwhelming feeling that what was missing was finally found!

The missing piece in his memory finally completed him!

The void is finally filled!

Hu Yi Sheng stood up to follow Ling Wei but he only saw darkness.

He chuckles, anyway he can now invite her and be with her anytime.

He has now a reason and a proper name!

The bogus engagement can be now changed into something real!

"Weiwei, is everything alright?"

Su Xue asked worriedly seeing her daughter's emotions are all over.

"Mom don't worry! I am more than okay"

Seeing her smile brightly the couple is finally at ease.

"Then what should we do with the gift from the annoying brat?"

Ling Chun asked angrily

"Dad we should be thankful for the gift, why are you being so angry?"

"Why should we feel grateful? He only gave us a headache! Where should we put this now? Does he not consider this? "

Ling Wei giggles

"Then let me ask him if he calls me"

Ling Chun and Su Xue did not hear the underlying meaning of their daughter's words and kept thinking about where to put this hot potato in their hand.

Half a billion is not a small amount of money aah!

Ling Wei was tired from the event so after taking a bath she hugged her blanket and slept.

Meanwhile, in Hu Yi Sheng's dream, he saw the memories that he keeps on trying to remember.

When he woke up from the long dream he massaged his head.

He saw him and his wife fall into a deep sleep leaving his son and still unnamed daughter without parents.

He does not know how he came here, he is a little confused about how Ling Wei can be integrated into this world instantly, only he knows that he and his wife have to return soon.

He took the pendant and hold it tight to his hand.

He felt that this pendant is the key but he is still unsure so he can only ask Ling Wei.