Chapter 26

after a month, Ling Wei's time to go back to the village.

she repeatedly reminds her mother and grandmother to be careful and repeatedly reminds them about the unknown danger that is about to come.

she even joked that even her father and grandfather come knocking they are not allowed to receive them!

they just laugh at her but assure her.

Ling Wei was grateful that Qi Shu arrive and ask him to look over her family and tell him about the warning she received.

then told her family to listen to Qi Shu! don't just decide on anything! Ask him first!

the mother and daughter-in-law laugh helplessly.

they didn't know who is the adult or child between them.

finally, Ling Wei boarded the carriage and left.

because of her worries, she didn't rest on her travel, so from 3 days, she cut short the travel time and arrive after 1 and a half days.

but because there are a lot of things to do in the village, she will have to stay for 2 weeks, but Ling Wei can't stay that long

Even if they have not warned, she will still worry!

there is a lot of jars and basket she needs to transport to the capital.

and she also needs to bring the dried goods over.

she first check the shop at the market.

"Weiwei! When did you return? what about the others?"

Sisi ask when she saw her

"I am fine! just arrive! I travel alone!is everything good here?"

after talking for a while, Ling Wei goes home.

the chickens and pigs are well taken by her friends' family.

seeing her they ask about the Ling family's well-being and remind her to be careful.

she thanked them and assure them that they are being careful.

she enter their house and smile, even the plants are well taken care of.

It was already dusk so she ate early and plan on sleeping early.

the neighborhood asks them to stay with them while she is alone but she politely declines.

she doesn't want to trouble them and she is not scared to be alone.

but now she is lying on her bed.

she felt that the house is desolate.

she pout but she force herself to sleep.

she woke up still dark but, she is not sleepy anymore so she got up.

when she visits the pigpen Nini's mother and father are already there cleaning and feeding.

"good morning uncle! Auntie! Let me help"

"no need! we brought you breakfast! just eat first! We know that you will have a busy day, just let us do this"

"then thanking uncle and aunt!"

then she brings breakfast with her.

she really likes the atmosphere in a small village like this.

after eating a simple and healthy breakfast she start her work.

she is glad that she finished everything in just 1 week.

"When everything is sorted out in the capital, I will bring the 3 of you and your family first! we will need a lot of help you know?"

her 3 friends become excited,

"then hurry up! we will be waiting!"

Nini said while laughing.

Ling Wei left and as always, she didn't rest at all.

so when she entered the capital, her mother and grandmother were startled.

"Why have you returned this fast? did you even rest? you lost a lot of weight!"

Ding Cui chided her.

"why are you not taking good care of yourself? next time you do this see I won't smack you!"

her mother added.

Ling Wei instantly act cute.

"Mother, grandmother you can't blame me! I just badly miss you all! I lost weight because I keep thinking of you! I am sorry, please? I won't dare anymore! I promise"

so the two were instantly defeated by her cute acting.

"by the way, Grandma and Mother, there is no incident that happened right?"

"Don't worry! nothing happens! everything is well! Master Shu Qi is here, we are well protected, and even Madam Fu is always visiting us, Han Gu keeps on checking on us"

Ling Wei is finally relief

"elder sister!"

"elder sister!"

Ling Wei smile hearing her brothers voice, after hugging them she asks

"did you both behave well and protected mother and grandmother?"

Ling Han and Ling He nods and pat their chest.

"The madams are well protected by us!"

Ling Wei giggles and pat their little heads

"Great job! you both are now little men! Thank you for protecting the madams"

the 2 little men smile silly that makes the others laugh aloud.

when Shu Qi comes to check on them, he was surprised seeing Ling Wei then chides her as well.

Ling Wei apologizes and invites him for dinner.

they ate heartily and for sure Ling Wei has to eat an extra bowl to her lose weight.

she really loved her mother's cooking so she accepted it wholeheartedly.

after a night's full and satisfying rest, the Ling family starts their busy days.

there are helpers but Cheng Waner is not used to them so she ask them to just help the children and the shop.

They start replenishing the shop then Ling Wei started focusing on the gift.

that era, incense sticks have not been invented yet and so incense cones so she has to make them as well.

she chooses different kinds, but she makes sure that there is none she won't like.

Shu Qi has urgent matters to do but before he left Ling Wei gives him a gift.

it was a black ceramic tea set.

"Master, this is one and only! It's the first set I made with this color"

Shu Qi laugh happily while looking at the elegant-looking tea set.

then he left like he is over the moon.

then Ling Wei becomes busy again finishing the incense burner.

then 1 week before the birthday, Madam Zhou came to ask her.

Ling Wei lead her to the second floor and show her.

Madam Zhou is astonished!

she never saw anything like this! She didn't expect that Ling Wei will surprise her like this

"madam, my only request is to keep it a secret. I mean please, nobody will know about the maker!"