Chapter 64

"Okay I know, you too take care, don't just focus on your money making, don't make mother and grandmother worry and listen to them okay?"

Ling Wei nodded smilingly then turned to Long Yi Sheng

"take care, please look after my brother and don't catch a cold"

Then left, Long Yi Sheng chuckled helplessly while watching them leave.

At the capital, before parting ways with the emperor he asked her what reward she wants

"Your Majesty, there is none that I like, I did nothing and just worried about my best friend so I begged his majesty so he could bring me along"

Long Chuan chuckled understanding what the little girl was saying.

She is implying that she did not make anything at all.

Still as low-key and as humble as before.

Never bragged about her achievements and still walked on the ground even though she can be considered one of the richest.

She can even own another title if she wants but never mind, he will still reward her, he doesn't want his 5th son to chew on him later so better be safe.

Ling Wei just rested for a while and then started working again.

Time flew past very quickly, in the blink of an eye, half a year had passed and Xiong Tian finally arrived to propose.

Ling Wei is naturally come to meet Xiong Tian's family.

His parents are upright and kind.

Lu's family is just a commoner but, they accumulated wealth over these past few years thanks to Ling's generosity as well, but the couple ignore anything and just happily focus on Lu Nini.

Ling Wei can feel the kindness but being too kind is not always good.

Ling Wei keeps looking at the coquettish bitch of a maternal cousin of Xiong Tian that keeps on calling Tian-ge here and there.

Although Xiong Tian totally ignores the bitch but Ling Wei cannot take it anymore especially seeing Lu Nini's reddened eyes.

She put down her chopsticks, leaned on the chair, and crossed her arms on her chest.

The Lu family has already quieten down.

Seeing her acting they already know that she is standing for Lu Nini.

"Weiwei, what is wrong?"

Lu Nini ask

"don't mind me, just a watching great show, I did not know that Captain Xiong would show us an interesting play"

Xiong Tian is a man who is ignorant about anything.

As long as nobody crosses his bottom line so he just ignores even this cousin of his.

So when he finally saw Lu Nini's reddened eyes he panicked

"Nini, what is wrong? Who bullied you?"

Ling Wei almost laughed with anger when she heard this question so she asked loudly

"Captain Xiong if this is how you show your sincerity then forget it! We don't  need it!"

Xiong Tian is still ignorant so he asked

"Nini, did I make a mistake? Then I am sorry okay? Don't cry"

Lu Nini took a step back before Xiong Tian could wipe her tears so he panicked more

"Weiwei tell me what did I do wrong I will correct it this instant"

Ling Wei finally realized that this man Xiong Tian didn't know nothing

"Is this ugly woman your woman?"

The cousin pursed her lips and looked at him looking aggrieved and wronged but turn pale at Xiong Tian's words

"WHAT? NO! Nini will be the only one for me! Past, present, and my future, I swear! I never looked and like anybody, I can't even imagine life without Nini"

Ling Wei raised her eyebrows the Lu family still did not talk

"then why is this ugly woman acting all chumming on you? Can't you see that she is purposely flirting with you? She is trying so hard to disgust everyone here"

"Hey, you little girl! You are still young but your mouth is already vicious"

The mother bitch said

"you are already this old but you are still wearing clothing for young girls! Don't you know what shame is? And even allowing your daughter to ruin someone else marriage? Disgusting!"

Ling Wei who is always overprotective won't back down very easy

The mother and daughter bitch was shocked

"sister look! I told you that this family is looking down on us villagers"

"don't give me the crap villagers! We came from a smaller and poorer village"

The bitch cousin pout then said

"then you are looking down on us because we are illiterate, auntie look at them, they are bullying us"

Mother Xiong did not say anything and just looked at Lu Nini anxiously, if her future daughter-in-law backed out, what would they do?

"I am not looking down at your illiteracy! I am looking down at your stupidity! We amongst us are instantly become literate? No one right? My grandfather and father entered the military just to send my brother to the academy, they died wanting to give us a better future! Don't give me the reason that you are illiterate! We did not stay being poor and illiterate because we chose not!"

Ling Wei took a deep breath and continued while looking condensing and them

"We do not give a damn about illiteracy, we worked hard on our own to earn money, and we make an effort to learn! Unlike you who are shameless enough to leech on someone's money, while saying  pathetic excuses like that"

"Weiwei don't be angry okay? Let us just end it here"

Lu Nini finally said seeing how mad Ling Wei is