S1 E7: Prologue Part 7- Pups Get A Rubble! Welcome, Paw Patrol... YELLOW!

Two weeks after Zuma joined...

Ben, Marshall, Ryder, and Chase were playing a game of ball in the yard, tossing around a ball. Ryder kicked the soccer ball to Chase, who then hit it into the air with his rear end. "I got it, I got it, I got it! Ruff ruff!" Marshall yelled out, running underneath where he thought the ball would land. Unfortunately for Marshall, the ball landed just right next to him, before bouncing off. "I missed it... aww. I'll get it!" Marshall disappointedly said, before perking up and chasing after the soccer ball.

Ben laughed and followed Marshall. Playing with these pups could be tiring, but lots of fun. The ball bounced off of a bush, which both Marshall and Ben tripped over. Ben landed flat on his face though, and groaned as he pushed himself off of the grass, spitting out a blade or two of the greenery. "Oh no, the ball!" Marshall exclaimed as the ball went over the fence and landed on the ledge which was next to the ocean dropoff. Ben and Marshall ran up to the fence to see a puppy chasing after the soccer ball, only to get stranded on a branch. "Are you okay?!" Marshall called out to the bulldog pup that was down there.

"I'm fine..." The pup nervously replied.

"You don't really look fine! I'll call for help!" Marshall yelled, before doing his rendition of a fire engine siren and howling.

"RYDER, COME QUICK!" Ben shouted.

Chase and his owner were already coming on over to see what was going on. "A pup is stuck in that tree!" Marshall urgently said.

"Uh oh... that's no place to be hanging around! Don't worry, we'll get you down from there!" Ryder promised the bulldog.

"I'm not worried! But the water does look kind of cold. I like my baths warm, with bubbles!" The pup quickly answered.

Oh, bless this pup's heart. He didn't comprehend the gravity of the situation he was in. With the small size of his body taken into account, a fall into the ocean from that high up would probably turn this pup into mush. Ryder and Ben attempted to sidle across the cliff face to the tree, but the cliff seemed to be a bit crumbly for their weight. "This path is too narrow and steep. Chase, your net! Give the little guy something to climb up!" Ryder called out.

"Chase is on the case!" The German shepherd diligently answered, running a little bit away before barking. "RUFF! Net!" Chase shouted, his launcher firing a net that landed on the tree and connected with the branch, giving the pup a safe way to get to solid ground.

"Cool backpack! And cool net!" The bulldog squeaked, impressed.

"All right there, kiddo, climb on up here. Just be careful!" Ben told the young canine.

"I told you, I'm fine!" The pup said, before wobbling his way up to them. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" He yelled, assaulting Ryder with grateful tongue licks.

"You're welcome. Hey, that tickles!" Ryder laughed.

The pup ran around and barked in delight for a half minute or so and then sat down. "Thanks for saving me!" The pup exclaimed again.

"It's what we do." Ryder replied earnestly.

"Were you scared out there?" Marshall asked.

"Yeah. I was so... uh, so... not scared. I'm a tough pup!" The stray hesitantly said, before growling and then laughing.

The laughter was infectious, and everyone began to laugh. "I'm Ben. This is my friend Ryder, and our puppy pals are Chase and Marshall. What's your name, little guy?" Ben wondered.

"My name's Rubble!" Rubble responded, and then his stomach growled.

"Sounds like you're a bit hungry, Rubble." Ryder chuckled.