S1 E28: Pups Save Ryder! Chase and Ben, Leaders Of The Rescue Force!

December 31st, 2029

Ben yawned as he woke up from his sleep. Looking at his clock, he saw it was about ten in the morning. Then he realized something. HE HAD FORGOTTEN TO FIX RYDER'S PUP PAD! His friend had dropped the device the previous day after Marshall accidentally tripped into him when playing tag with the group. Ben had promised to fix the device, even though it was mostly intact.

The human had done a diagnostic check and determined that only the GPS component was damaged, needing a replacement. He had promised Ryder that he would have it repaired by the end of the next day. But in his procrastination, he had forgotten that today was when Ryder had scheduled his nature hike!

He took some deep breaths, calming himself down. There was no way Ryder would need to navigate his way back home. He knew his way around the woods and rocks of Jake's mountain and the surrounding area like the back of his hand. Ryder would be absolutely fine. And if he needed help, he could call them. The cell towers in the area would give them a triangulation signal to lock down their leader's location if necessary.

Shaking his head, he started on another one of the projects he and Ryder had been meaning to do: the upgrades to the pup packs. They were going to upgrade the packs and give them new gear and tools. Chase would receive night vision goggles, Marshall would get an X-Ray scanner and EMT gear, and other upgrades. There were also plans to upgrade the pupmobiles with alternate modes, though this could be done later. Ben would work on this project of his for about a half hour in the lobby of the Lookout before Ryder called. "PAW Patrol, to the lookout!" Ryder's voice exclaimed.

Instantly, Ben was worried. What sort of situation had arose during his nature hike? Ben leapt to his feet and ran into the elevator as the entrance opened and Marshall ran in. He was going to be first! Then he turned around. "Oh no! I dropped my biscuit! Mr. Porter gave that to me!" Marshall yelped, running back and crashing into the other pups. Then the dalmatian walked back and snatched up his biscuit, scarfing it down. "Got it!" Marshall muttered between bites.

Everyone laughed as the glass elevator rose up, stopping at the halfway point to outfit everyone in their gear. Ben smiled as the Green Ranger suit encased him. The protective armor modeled after one of Angel Grove's heroes was reassuring and comforting. Once the glass elevator reached the top of the lookout, the glass doors slid open and everyone lined up. "PAW Patrol ready for action, Ryder, sir!" Chase exclaimed.

However... there was no Ryder. The Lookout monitor displayed a wagging tail, which was concerning. "Ryder?" Ben asked nervously.

"Ummmm.... Where's Wyder?" Zuma asked.

Thankfully, a hand appeared and pushed the wagging tail out of the way, before Ryder's face came into view. "Thanks for coming so quickly, Pups. Today, I need you to rescue... well, me!" Ryder exclaimed, blushing a little.

Ben immediately stood at attention, straightening up. "Rescue you!? What happened?" Chase gasped.

"Yup, and Garbie. We're at..." Ryder started to say, before the pup pad was sent flying and tumbling to the ground.

Ben's blood turned to ice as the camera spun around several times before it hit the ground, a cracking and shattering noise being heard before the signal cut off. "RYDER!!!" Ben screamed in horror.

Quickly running up to the control panel, he started inputting commands. Due to the faulty GPS that he had forgotten to replace, they had no location for Ryder! The eighteen year old sank to his knees and started having a mental breakdown. His worst nightmare had been realized. "How do we save Ryder... without Ryder ?" Rubble whined.