S2 E2: Pups And The Flying Frog! Skye and Marshall's Inner Conflicts!

January 22nd, 2030

Ben smiled as he sat on the bench, watching Marshall bounce up and down on a trampoline for his frog, Smiley, to mimic. "Just... like... this... Smiley!" Marshall yelled as he jumped on the trampoline over and over again.

"Marshall, what are you doing?" Rubble asked.

"Training Smiley, my championship jumping frog. Well, he will be a champion after he wins the Frogapalooza contest today. The frog who jumps the farthest is the winner. I'm trying to train him to jump like this-- whoa!! OOF!" Marshall explained to the bulldog, before messing up his jump and bouncing off of a ball directly into Rubble's lunch.

"Hey, my meal!" Rubble cried out.

The Dalmatian snacked on a few pieces of kibble before seeing his pet frog jump away. "After him!" Marshall arfed, chasing his frog.

Ben felt a nudge against his leg and looked down from watching Marshall and Rubble's antics to see Skye sitting at his feet. "Hey Ben... Can I talk to you?" Skye asked.

Her voice seemed troubled, like there was something important on her mind. Ben immediately picked up the cockapoo and hugged her. "Of course you can talk to me, Skye. You can talk to me or any of the other pups at any time! We're your family!" Ben answered solemnly.

Skye giggled as she returned the hug with her four puppy legs. "Aww, thanks Ben! But this is... actually about that. I mean, its about family. I know you, Ryder, Marshall, Chase, and the others are my family now... but you remember the stories I told you about my old family, right? Or at least, my old owner...?" Skye replied.

Ben nodded his head yes. "Of course I remember, they were such lovely stories. Your owner Ace, the stunt pilot in training, and her less-kind mother Barb." Ben mused.

"Well... my mind's been wandering to Ace a lot lately. I'm just wondering how she's doing... I miss her. It feels silly!" Skye sighed.

Ben stroked the fur on Skye's head lovingly. "No, no, Skye. That's not silly at all! You have every right to miss Ace. Who knows, maybe you'll meet her again someday." Ben responded, giving Skye words of comfort and reassurance.

An idea started to form in Ben's head. He and Ryder had a lot of money... Perhaps they could invite Ace here to Adventure Bay and pay her to do a stunt show, and then she and Skye could bump into each other and have a fated owner/pup reunion! Ben grinned at the thought. He started typing into his pup pad and began to Google Ace the pilot. Quickly discovering that her last name was Sorenson-- rather fitting for an aviator. The eighteen year old was about to sneak off to make a call to her agency to book a show when Skye gasped in terror. "What's going on!? Why is the Lookout vehicle rotator belt moving?! We haven't been called for any emergencies, Ryder and the others are still here!" Skye wondered nervously as her helicopter moved in front of the slide dropoff.

To their shock, Marshall's pet frog slid down the slide and landed in Skye's helicopter puphouse, hitting the button with its tongue and making the puphouse go into helicopter mode! Marshall came down the slide seconds later, but Ben, Ryder, Skye, Rocky, and Rubble were too frozen with shock to get out of the way. The Dalmatian dropped off of the slide and landed on Rubble. "He... he's flying the helicopter." Ben murmured in a mixture of amazement and horror.

"NOT JUST ANY HELICOPTER! MY HELICOPTER! MARSHALL, YOUR STUPID FROG JUST STOLE MY HELICOPTER!" Skye screamed, running up to Marshall and pressing her nose against his to make her point abundantly clear.

"Um... oops?" Marshall sheepishly said, blushing.

"THAT FROG DOESN'T HAVE A PILOT'S LICENSE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE COULD DO TO MY RIDE!?" Skye shouted anxiously.