S2 E3: Pups And The Big Freeze! One Snowy Rescue Coming Up!

January 25th, 2030

Ben gasped as he looked outside after eating his peanut butter and jelly sandwich breakfast. There wasn't a cloud in the sky the previous evening when he went to bed, and the snow was now covering everything in sight. Icicles had formed on the trees and the Lookout windows. Running outside after donning a winter coat, he was shocked to see snow and ice covering the pupmobiles, the slide's underside, and the parking lot. "WOW! It really froze last night!" Skye exclaimed as she looked out at the winter wonderland.

For once, Marshall wasn't the one wiping out, as Chase, Rocky, and Rubble all slipped on the ice and tumbled into a pile of snow, poking their heads out with mounds of snow on their heads. "Wow, it really did freeze last night!" Chase marveled.

Then Marshall came along, and slipped on the ice, sliding into a tree. The icicles on the tree fell down and surrounded Marshall, making it impossible for him to escape. "Marshall, how did you get in there?" Rubble chuckled.

"A better question is, how do I get out...?" Marshall whimpered, the icicles would freeze him if he put his paw on any of them!

"I'll handle it! TIMBER!" Rubble exclaimed as he used his pup pack's shovel to knock the icicles down, allowing Marshall to walk out.

"Let's have a sledding contest!" Alex suggested as he and the others flopped on their bellies and played in the snow.

Getting chilly, Ben took the glass elevator to the lookout control room to warm up. When he reached the top of the tower, he saw Ryder gazing into the periscope. "How's it look in town, Ryder?" Ben asked as his spiky haired friend surveyed the town.

"Captain Turbot's out having fun on the frozen ocean... oh no! Mayor Goodway got her car stuck in a snowdrift, and her car seems to not be starting anymore! And the train station tracks had a tree fall on them!" Ryder gasped in worry.

The pup pad received a call from the mayor within a half minute of Ryder seeing this on the periscope. "Ryder, I slid into a snow bank and got myself stuck! I'm fine, but the town's an icy mess. The streets aren't safe at all!" Mayor Goodway cried out.

"No problem, Genevieve. We'll save you and the town! No job is too big, no pup is too small!" Ben chimed in as he leaned in over Ryder's shoulder.

Ryder hung up and then summoned the pups. "PAW Patrol, to the Lookout!" Ryder declared.

Minutes later, the seven pups would leap out of the glass elevator when it reached the top, lining up in front of the two human handlers. "PAW Patrol, ready for action, Ryder, sir!" Chase proclaimed.

"Thanks for racing up, pups! The ice has made Adventure Bay extremely slick and slippery. Mayor Goodway's car got stuck in a snowdrift and needs our help. In addition, though no one's called about it yet, we have a bunch of logs that are blocking the train tracks. To handle this, we'll need to split into two teams. The train will be arriving in about an hour, so we have to move fast." Ben explained as the animatic played on the big screen.

"For this mission, I'll need Chase and Rubble. Chase, I need you to use your traffic cones and megaphone to help direct cars on the icy roads. Rubble, I need you and your rig to help clear the snow off the roads." Ryder instructed.

"Chase is on the case!" The German Shepherd roared.

"Rubble on the double!" The bulldog chuckled.

"While you three handle the mayor, Rocky and I will be heading to the train tracks. We'll use the pallet loaders on Rocky's truck to lift some of the logs... but we'll need help. Even with my suit, it'll take too long for us to clear. So for this mission we need... Everest!" Ben continued, while calling Everest's pup tag.

"Ben? Ryder? How can I help?" Everest asked as her face popped up on the monitor.

"The train tracks are covered with logs and snow. We have to clear it fast!" Ben told her.

"Got it! Ice or snow, I'm ready to go!" Everest howled, kicking her paws into the air before the call ended.

"PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder yelled.

"PAW Patrol, roll to the rescue!" Ben announced.

The two humans ran over to the fire pole and slid down it to go to the garage. Tuck and Ella waved the three pups who were on duty goodbye as they slid down the slide to their vehicles. Ben and Ryder put their vehicles into snowmobile mode and tore off onto the road, with Rocky, Rubble, and Chase following close behind. As Rocky and Ben got to the train tracks, Ben activated his suit and started to lift up the fallen branches and logs. Even with the strength enhancements, they were considerably heavy. Rocky's pallet loader was struggling to lift the logs as well. "This will take a lot more effort to clear than I thought..." Ben worriedly said as he set the log he was carrying down.

Rocky radioed Everest on the pup pad in Ben's motorcycle. "Hey Everest, there's a lot more logs here than we expected. How close are you?" Rocky asked.

"Hang on to your hats, cuz I'll be there in three, two, one!" Everest cheered as her snowcat leapt over the tracks and landed right beside Rocky.

"Everest, great to see you! Can you handle the snow while Rocky and I get the logs?" Ben asked, giving the husky a thumbs up.

"Sure thing!" Everest giggled, using her snowcat to clear the snow.

With the snowcat's grapple arm, Rocky's pallet hook, and Ben's strength, they were able to get the branches cleared just in time for the train conductor to come in. Thankfully, the ice hadn't frozen the tracks over, so they were able to get the train into the station. Ben sighed in relief as Mr. Hudson waved the group hello as the train came to a halt. "Thanks, Paw Patrol, for clearing those logs out of the way! I was going to call you, but you already were on it! Now that's a job well done!" The train conductor gratefully told them.

"Just remember that you can yelp for help whenever you need us, Mister Hudson." Ben chuckled as he waved back at the train driver. Everest and Rocky howled as Chase, Rubble, and Ryder came to the train station. "Everest, have some liver flavor!" Ben chuckled as he gave her some treats.

"You all did such a great job! You're all such good pups." The spiky haired teen happily said as he pulled out treats and tossed them to the canines.