S1 E11: Pups Save A Train! Alex Speaks!

October 2nd, 2029

Ben and Alex were playing soccer with Zuma, Skye, Marshall, and Rocky. Over the past few days, the wolf cub had become a lot more playful, and much less aggressive. The wolf had been given the A-okay by Ryder to play with the rest of the pups, and he had been a lot happier than before. As Alex nudged the ball towards the goal, Marshall slid in front of him and stole the soccer ball from him, running to Ben's goal and launching the ball with a well timed headbutt. This sent it flying between Ben's legs and into the goal. "Score for Marshall and Zuma!" Ben called out.

"Hey, whose team is Alex on?" Zuma wondered as he chased after the ball.

"Woo?" Alex howled in confusion.

"Does it matter? This is really fun! Yip Yip!" Skye giggled, launching the ball into a goal and scoring a point.

They weren't even keeping track of the score. Rocky went over to his bowl for a drink of water and then walked over to Ben. "Hey Ben, um... is Alex ever going to talk?" Rocky softly asked.

Ben lowered his voice. "I don't know, Rocky. Wolves don't always have that capability. Even if he never speaks, I'll always love him." Ben answered solemnly.

Rocky nodded his head and went back to playing. The soccer game continued for another fifteen minutes before it was interrupted by Ryder calling all of them on their pagers. "PAW Patrol, to the Lookout!" Ryder's voice called out.

"Ryder's calling!" Rocky, Skye, Zuma, and Marshall exclaimed as they began to head to the Lookout.

Marshall was in mid-jump when everyone else stopped, causing him to collide with the other two playing pups and crash into Rocky. "That does not count as a goal!" Rocky huffed. Ben picked up Alex and followed them to the Lookout.

"Rah roo roo roo!" Alex growled, trying to mimic them.

Marshall was the first to the Lookout elevator this time, while the rest of the pups accidentally piled up on top of him. After that, Ben and Alex stepped on the elevator and rode up to the control room. The mechanical arms reached out and dressed the six dogs in their uniforms at the halfway point, before the elevator ascended to the top. Everyone leapt forward when the elevator doors slid open (well, except for Ben, who took his seat on one of the bean bag chairs). "PAW Patrol ready for action, Ryder, sir!" Chase reported.

"Okay, PAW Patrol! There's been a rock-slide on the old trestle bridge. Boulders have covered the tracks, which has trapped the train." Ryder announced. Katie's voice came over, relaying that the train had gotten trapped.

"Katie and Callie are on that train!" Skye cried out in horror.

"Don't worry, Skye. We'll make sure she gets home safe." Ryder promised before handing out the assignments. "Rubble, I need you and your bulldozer to scoop the boulders off the tracks. Rocky, I need you and your truck to haul the boulders away." Ryder instructed.

"Green means go!" Rocky roared.

"Let's dig it!" Rubble shouted enthusiastically.

"Ree ree ro!" Alex woofed, trying to say Rocky's catchphrase, and earning a chuckle from Ben.

"All right. PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder declared as he took the fire pole to the garage while Rocky and Rubble took the slide to their vehicles and drove out with Ryder.

When Ryder and his two canines got to the train tracks, Katie breathed a sigh of relief. "Callie, look! Ryder and the PAW Patrol are here!" Katie exclaimed.

"The tracks are okay. We just need to clear away the rocks fast, and get the train off the bridge." Ryder noted as he observed the situation.

Rubble began to load the boulders into Rocky's truck for compacting. "I'll check the damage to the bridge. I don't know how long it can hold the train." The human told his pups before scaling down the rocky slope and checking it out. He was shocked to see a massive crack in one of the trestles. "Uh-oh! Rocky, a support beam is cracked!" Ryder exclaimed.

"Can't hear you, Ryder!" Rocky yelled over the noise of his trash compactor, turning it off. "Okay, go ahead." Rocky said.

"The trestle is cracked! If it breaks, the train will fall. We need something to support it. One of those logs by the road should work great. Rocky, can you bring one down?" Ryder repeated, then suggested using one of the fallen evergreen logs as a support.

Rocky looked down at the slope and shook his head. "I won't be able to! My truck can't make it down there, Ryder. Too steep!" Rocky worriedly replied.

"Then we'll just call in an extra set of paws, and I know the perfect pup for the job!" Ryder responded, pressing Chase's police badge icon to radio him in. Back at the lookout, everyone was watching the rescue when Ryder showed up on the screen. "Chase! I need you and your truck at the bridge as soon as possible!" Ryder commanded.

"You got it, Ryder, sir! Chase is on the case!" Chase exclaimed.

Alex raised his paw and waved it at the leaving German Shepherd. "Bow bow!" Alex barked, which Ben took to mean a goodbye.

The wolf cub then took Chase's spot, nuzzling up against Skye as he began to nap. Out of all the pups, Alex was closest with Skye. Skye and Alex were absolutely smitten with each other in a brother and sister sort of way, and Skye had taken up to calling Alex her baby brother.

"All right, Ryder, sir, what do you need?" Chase asked once he got to the train tracks.

"We need your winch to lower this log to the bridge so we can use it to hold up the broken beam." Ryder explained. Chase nodded and barked out his winch, dragging it to the log and securing it around the rope hook that Ryder had tied to the oaken piece. Rubble then drove his bulldozer and used it to lower the log off of the slope. They then put the log up against the trestle, and Rubble had cleared the rocks. Ryder then called Katie on his Pup Pad. "Katie, tell the conductor that the tracks are clear. Let's get this train off the bridge!" Ryder told her.

"I will, Ryder. But I'm worried-- Callie is missing!" The young girl exclaimed.

A shrill meow was heard as they then saw Callie dangling off of the side of the train car roof. "Callie!" Chase exclaimed, starting to run off to go get her.

Ryder stopped him from going though. "Chase, you can't! You're allergic, you might sneeze yourself off of the train roof!" Ryder protested.

"Well, who else can save her?" Chase argued.

Ryder quickly pressed Skye's propeller badge on his pup pad screen. "Skye, we need you to airlift Callie off of the train roof!" Ryder ordered.

Skye flipped into the air and yipped. "This puppy's gotta fly!" Skye squealed before she ran out to the balcony and activated her wings, soaring off and zooming to the train tracks.

"Noooooo! No go!" Alex howled sadly as Skye left.

Zuma gasped as he heard the wolf speak for the first time. "Dudes! Those were Alex's fiwst words!" Zuma yelped in excitement. Everyone in the lookout began to cheer enthusiastically. Skye smiled as she heard all of this over the comms, and grabbed Callie by the scruff of her neck before picking her up and diving into the train.

"There you are, Callie, you naughty kitten! Thanks Skye." Katie thanked the cockapoo.

Katie gave them all treats later that day, and Ben told the news of Alex's first words. Things were looking up for the group.