S1 E18: Pups Save A Goodway At The Bottom Of The Bay! Go Zuma!

October 25th, 2029

Two days after their adventure in the jungle, Ben, Alex, and the others were still recovering from their adventure there-- they hadn't slept well because of having to get up in the middle of the night to recover the stolen crown. Today, they were taking it easy while still helping around the town. They were celebrating the deeds of Genevieve Goodway's ancestor Grover, who was the first mayor of Adventure Bay. "Your great grandfather did a lot for this town. I'm not sure that Adventure Bay would still be around if it wasn't for Grover." Ben commented as he stood next to Mayor Goodway.

Ben wasn't that good at blowing up balloons-- he had weak lungs, hence why he wasn't helping the others with that task. Even the pups had better balloon blowing capabilities than him, which embarrassed Ben a little. "Oh, why, thank you, Ben. Yes, Grover was a great man. He would have been saddened by the things that had happened to the town in the absence of our family... but now, I think he would be proud of this town." Genevieve sighed happily.

Ryder tied a balloon to a string and handed it to Zuma, who bit down on it and added it to his already large collection of balloons he was holding. "That's a lot of balloons, Zuma." Ryder chuckled.

"I know!" Zuma grunted, before he started floating up into the air.

Thankfully, Ryder caught him. "Zuma, you can't fly away until after we get City Hall all fixed up!" Ryder joked, taking the balloons from Zuma so he wouldn't fly away.

"That was fun!" Zuma giggled, jumping up and down before going to play with Alex the wolf cub.

"Time to make these steps sparkle! Ruff! Water cannons!" Marshall barked out as his blasters flared to life and started washing down the stairway to City Hall.

Rubble was patching up the soil, and Skye laughed as she flew in with another batch of balloons. "Say, Ben, why did you come? Usually you stay back at the Lookout for this sort of thing." Mayor Goodway remarked.

Ben smiled at her. "I like talking with you, miss mayor. You remind me of my mom. And plus, Alex needs to be with the pups so he can observe and learn how to help when he eventually becomes a member of the PAW Patrol." Ben explained.

Genevieve gasped and put a hand on her heart. "Benjamin! That's so sweet!" She gasped. Then she went over to Ryder, Zuma, and Rocky. "Ryder, pups, is everything ready?" Mayor Goodway asked.

"Almost, Mayor Goodway." Ryder assured.

"My whole family will be here soon to celebrate Great-great-great-great-Grandpa Grover Day! Wait. I just realized that Grandpa Grover's statue isn't here yet!" Mayor Goodway announced before noticing the statue was still missing from its usual resting spot.

"Where is the statue, Mayor?" Zuma asked.

The chocolate labrador was gradually getting better at losing his lisp, though it still popped up in a few words.

"I sent Grandpa off to be cleaned as good as new and he's coming back by boat. Captain Turbot is bringing him back on the Flounder. He should be here already." Genevieve enthusiastically said, before getting worried.

Using her phone, she called up the captain of the ship. After a bit of conversation between the two, she put down the phone and Ryder was given a call. "Ryder... I might uh... I might need a little PAW Patrol help. It's Grandpa Grover, he's... gone overboard!" Captain Turbot exclaimed.

"ON GREAT GREAT GRANDPA GROVER DAY!? WE HAVE TO GET HIM BACK! CALL THE PAW PATROL-- oh, you already did!" Mayor Goodway shrieked, before calming down a bit.

"Don't worry, Mayor Goodway. We'll get Grandpa Grover back. No job is too big, no pup is too small!" Ryder declared, calling the rest of the pups to the Lookout.