S2 E12: Pup Fu! Steal Back The Ancient Scroll From Harold!!

February 20th, 2030

Four days since Ben had discovered the Dragonzord off of the coast of Angel Grove thanks to the merpups. Ever since then, Ben had been working on ideas on how to retrieve the massive mecha from the ocean depths. It was over 120 feet tall, and none of their vehicles would be able to lift it. Rubble's superstrength and Skye's whirlwind wouldn't be able to either. Rocky doubted his energy constructs would be capable of moving such a titanic object.

To take his mind off of it, Ben and Farmer Yumi had held a martial arts training session for the pups (minus Alex, who was sick with a cold and was being quarantined). If they were going to be Rangers, Ben reasoned, then they should be able to fight like them too. Ben knew that every Ranger was able to fight in hand to hand combat without the usage of their powers. Marshall had a head start in the martial arts training, as he had already begun practicing before any of the other pups. Ben watched as Rubble did a backflip and slammed his paws into the wooden board that Ryder was holding, snapping it in two. "Strong kick, Rubble!" Ryder complimented.

"Good kick... you've got a good grasp of that move." Ben mused.

"Thanks Ben! Thanks Ryder! Can I break another one?" Rubble asked.

Ben chuckled. "We aren't teaching you these moves to break stuff, Rubble. We're teaching you these moves so you and the rest of the pups can defend yourself." Ben reminded the bulldog.

"Yeah. Maybe you should work on some other Pup-Fu skills before we run out of boards." Ryder suggested.

Ben walked over to Yumi and waved. "How is the rest of the training for the team going?" Ben inquired.

"Going well! Tuck and Ella are very quick learners, and they're almost ready for their white belts. The rest of them are ready to test for their yellow belts, while Marshall is preparing to move on to his brown belt. How is your own training coming along? Are you ready to try for your senior red belt?" Farmer Yumi remarked, before inquiring about if Ben was ready to move onto his next stage.

Ben nodded his head in approval. "That's excellent. The pups have been doing amazing with adapting the techniques for their own four legged physiology. As for me, I'm still practicing. When I feel ready to attempt the trial for my senior red belt, I'll tell you. How are your honeymoon plans going?" Ben replied, before countering with another question.

Sensei Yumi laughed. "It's going wonderful! Al and I are planning to go to see some relatives in my ancestral home of Panorama City, Japan. It's a wonderful place, though it had some problems a few years back. In fact, my cousin Jayden is visiting today! He'll be along to help supervise the trials shortly." Yumi responded.

"That's wonderful!" Ben cheered.

"Out of all of the pups, I'm most impressed with Marshall. He's learning to move as quietly as a mouse." Yumi then said.

All of a sudden, Ben felt a tap on his leg. Looking down, he saw Marshall walk in between his legs and look up at him.

"Looking for me?" Marshall giggled.

"Well, your teacher was right. You are moving stealthily!" Ben grinned, picking Marshall up and giving him a belly rub.

Little did they know that they were being watched... "Laugh while you can. My Catastrophe Crew will get their yellow belts before those pesky pooches, and I'll show Ben my superiority in martial arts!" Harold sneered as he watched the Paw Patrol on the hidden surveillance cameras.

"Harold, isn't this kind of like stalking? I mean, I'm also a bit of an evil genius myself, but don't you think that spying on the every move of your enemies is a little bit... excessive?" Henry Humdinger asked his nephew.