S2 E16: Good Morning Adventure Bay! An Interview With Ben!

March 1st, 2030

The pups woke up bright and early. Today was a special day, as Ben had been asked to be interviewed in the studio for Good Morning Adventure Bay! The pups had already eaten and they had gotten themselves all comfy in front of the TV as the local news segment covering the battle between the Mighty Pups and the Calamitous Cat Catastrophe Crew ended, concluding the section before Ben's interview. "Hello, and welcome to GOOD MORNING ADVENTURE BAY! I'm your host, Ryan Roland, and today we have a VERY SPECIAL GUEST for you folks! Many of you know about Ryder and the pups on the Paw Patrol, but today we're talking to the man behind the scenes! Please welcome... BEN ALLEN!" The interviewer, Ryan Roland, announced enthusiastically. The TV screen then cut from the logo of GMAB to the inside of a studio. This time, it was done up like one of those talk shows. Ben was sitting on a couch, and Ryan Roland was sitting at a desk. "Benny boy, why not tell us about yourself?" Ryan suggested. Ben nodded his head.

"Well, I'm Ben Allen, you already know that. I'm eighteen, I work on the technology and vehicles that the Paw Patrol uses, and I'm single." Ben answered, his last remark earning a laugh from Ryan.

"HAHAHAHAH! Good one, good one. You heard it from the man himself, everyone! This boy is the technological genius behind Adventure Bay's very own Rescue Force. He's the one who makes sure that the pups' vehicles and their packs are always ready to go! Let's try and get some insight into that head of his, eh?" Ryan said, turning to the camera and giving it a smile.

Then, the TV host turned back to Ben and started addressing him again. "How did you and Ryder meet? What made you decide to form the PAW Patrol with him?" Ryan inquired.

Ben took a deep breath before replying to that question. "Well, Ryder and I have known each other since we were in daycare. We have loved this city ever since the start of our lives. I have fond memories of us playing in the park and exploring the abandoned areas of the city that were caused by the economic mishandling of the previous mayor." Ben started. "That actually ties into the forming of the PAW Patrol. Our previous mayor was the latest in a long line of bad eggs, and he practically gave no budget at all to the firefighters and police force. A lot of them left the town, and crime actually went down. People didn't seem to think that committing crimes was worth it without any threat of getting caught. It lost its allure. When I was twelve and Ryder was eleven, we saw a documentary about how dogs could be trained for police and firefighting purposes. That is what inspired us to create the PAW Patrol, a team of dogs." Ben concluded.

"All right, and where did you boys manage to get the supplies and resources for the vehicles and the pup packs? How did you come up with the ideas for the pup packs, anyhow?" Ryan asked.

"Well, me and Ryder quickly realized that dogs couldn't hold things with their paws, and I came up with the idea of a backpack that could respond to voice commands and produce tools that could help out in situations. That's how the pup packs came to fruition. Ryder visited his grandfather in Adventure City, and spent a couple of weeks there making the vehicles with the old man." Ben replied.

Ryan arched an eyebrow, stroking his beard and bobbing his head up and down. "I see, I see! That raises a whole bunch of other questions. What's the situation with you and Ryder's parents?" Ryan wondered.

Ben froze up, his smile fading. Immediately his body started to tense up, his fingers gripping the couch that he was sitting on. "I'm not at liberty to discuss that information on public television. That is extremely personal, and I will not answer any questions regarding the parents of myself, Ryder, or any of the pups. Any further inquiries regarding that subject and I leave this interview, which will lose you viewers and ratings." Ben growled through a forced grin.