S2 E18: Pup For A Day! The Truth About Ryder!

March 9th, 2030

Ryder, Wild, and the pups were looking up at the stars. "Meow-wow! This is one amazing view!" Wild exclaimed as they stood on the Lookout balcony.

"I know! It's so beautiful!" Skye sighed, her paw on top of Chase's as she and the German Shepherd gazed into the sky.

"I'm really happy that I get to share this with you, Skye." Chase dreamily said as he stared into the twinkling sky.

Marshall chuckled as he gave Chase a brotherly noogie. "You're lucky you get to spend it with your mate! Everest was busy today, so she couldn't come and watch the stars with me. Wish our relationship wasn't long distance." Marshall commented.

"Aww, don't worry, Marshall, dude! Distance doesn't matter as long as the two of you still care about each other!" Zuma reminded his bro.

Marshall smiled at that. "Thanks Zoom." Marshall sighed warmly, calling the Labrador by his nickname affectionately.

"I can see so many constellations! The Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, the Big and Little Dipper! It's amazing!" Rocky mused.

Tuck and Ella were amazed by the starry sights, as they hadn't seen a sight like this before when they lived out on the streets. All of a sudden, Rubble barked excitedly. "Ryder, look! A shooting star! Make a wish on it, make a wish on it!" Rubble suggested, pointing out a light that was streaking through the skies.

Ryder smiled as he saw how happy his pups were together. "Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight: I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight. I wish that I could know what it is like for my pups! They're so happy with their lives... I just want to experience that, for one day." Ryder whispered as the shooting star passed through the sky.

"What did you wish for, Ryder?" Tuck asked.

"Yeah, tell us! We wanna know!" Ella added.

Ryder giggled at their enthusiasm. "I made a wish to know what it's like for you pups! You're all so happy all the time, and I kind of envy you for that. I guess that wish could be me wanting to see what being a pup for a day would be like." Ryder explained with a grin on his face.

"Sometimes, I wonder what it'd be like to be human!" Rubble exclaimed.

"You'd want to be human? Why?" Wild asked the bulldog.

"Well, humans get to eat a ton of things! I wanna try them! A lotta stuff is unhealthy for us canines. Like chocolate!" Rubble answered.

Everyone laughed at that, before Ryder let out a yawn. "It's getting pretty late, PAW Patrol. We should get to bed." Ryder reminded the group.

Chase sleepily nodded his head. "Yeah, I'm a bit tired. I'll see you in the morning, everyone!" Chase tiredly told them before taking the elevator to his pup house.

Ace was out of town getting some more parts for the Air Patroller, so it was just Ryder and the PAW Patrol members minus Alex and Ben.

Ryder's eyes fluttered shut as he started to sleep. When he woke up, he felt it was harder to breathe, and he was encased in darkness. He felt like there was something heavy on top of him, and he started to thrash around, yelling for help. "HELP! HELP! CHASE? MARSHALL?! ANYONE?!" The seventeen year old shouted desperately.

The pups were woken up by Ryder's muffled cries for help and immediately sprung into action. "RYDER!" They all shouted as they ran inside and went to Ryder's room on the second floor, quickly taking the elevator to that point.