S2 E1: Pups Save The Space Alien! Upgrades And Changes!

January 19th, 2030

"Screwdriver?" Ben asked Wild.

They were currently outside on the lookout grounds, making the last upgrades to the vehicles. Ryder had taken Rocky stargazing, so it was up to their newest team members to help upgrade the vehicles. Rocky and Ben had done most of the work already: they had given Alex's electric van massive pliers, Rubble's rig a new drill mode, Rocky's vehicle a salvage tugboat, a land mode for Skye's helicopter so she could drive when flying wasn't an option, Zuma's hovercraft could now become a submarine, Chase's van had a new spy mode and drone, and an ambulance mode for Marshall's fire truck.

In addition, over the course of the past two weeks since the Mighty Meteor incident, Ben, Rocky, and Wild had personally taken it upon themselves to finalize the gear upgrades for the pups. Marshall now had an X-ray scanner and bandages, Everest's pup pack had an ice cube launcher, Rocky had a welder, Chase had sticky paw feet that would let him climb surfaces as well as night vision goggles, Rubble had a jackhammer, Skye had even faster wings, and Zuma had a buoy launcher. They were still working on Tuck and Ella's packs, but this would suffice for now. "This looks pawsitively purr-fect, Ben!" Wild giggled as they put the finishing touches on Rocky's tugboat mode.

Ben grinned. "You sure know your way around mechanics, Wild." Ben remarked.

"That old garage was where my owner used to live! I'm not sure what happened to him, but he taught me everything I know. It's how I made my bike!" Wild answered.

"Well I'll be. You're quite full of surprises! Makes me happy. Rocky will be glad to have another smarty-pants on the team." Ben smirked.

"Oh, I'm not too smart. The real genius is my friend Shade! You should meet her sometime! She lives in Adventure City, I did a stunt show there and met her. She fixed up my bike!" Wild exclaimed.

All of a sudden, Ben received a call from Mayor Goodway. "Ben, the most bizarre thing has happened! You're not going to believe this!" Mayor Goodway cried out, before turning her phone camera to show Bettina floating in a bubble of some sort.

"I can believe this, actually. Two weeks ago we got superpowers and became a Ranger team. We live in a world where teams of colorful costumed people fight monsters. I can believe anything after those things." Ben chuckled softly.

"Can you help poor Bettina and find out what's going on?" Mayor Goodway asked.

"Course we can. We're the Rescue Force, and we're stronger, better, and bigger than ever before! No job is too big, no pup or cat is too small!" Ben declared.

Ben pulled the button on his pup pad out and summoned the rest of the group. "Paw Patrol, to the Lookout!" Ben ordered.

Wild smiled as he stretched his body out in a typical feline fashion. "We done, Benny boo? I think I wanna take a catnap." Wild chuckled as his eyes drooped.

Ben rubbed the kitten's head affectionately. "Of course you can take a nap, you've earned it." Ben told his friend.

Wild wandered out of the garage and to his usual napping spot as Ben went up to the Lookout elevator. The other nine pups trailed into the lobby, with Marshall bumping his head on the door wall before losing a blindfold and waddling into the elevator. "Made it! Who put a building right there, anyways?" Marshall yawned as he plopped down on the ground.

"Marshall, has anyone ever told you..." Tuck began.

"That you're the funniest and coolest pup ever?" Ella finished, giggling as she gave the Dalmatian an affectionate slurp on the cheek.

The elevator then started to ascend, rising up and getting to the halfway point before the mechanical arms dressed everyone in their gear. Tuck and Ella high fived each other with their paws as the elevator resumed going up, reaching the Control Room as everyone stepped out and lined up in front of Ryder. "PAW Patrol, ready for... action, Ryder, sir!" Chase sleepily said, letting out a yawn.