1. A Fateful Encounter

Here's the first chapter 😁

The building was uncompleted and tall structures and skyscrapers surrounded it. In the middle of what seemed like a parking lot, a young lady ran in and stopped, holding her knees as she breathed heavily. Sweat dripped down her face and a strained look appeared on her pretty face.

Zahra stood straight and adjusted her veil to cover her hair well. She glanced at her outfit; a nude coloured knee-high gown and light green palazzo.
"Good thing I wasn't wearing anything stupid," she thought with some relief but her countenance became cold as footsteps came from her right and left.

Two tall guys in black walked over blocking her way.
"You do know how to run fast after what you have done." One of them said with a smirk.

"Finally caught up huh?" Zahra rolled her round eyes, still watching them warily. She had to do what she did to help her mother. Miss Rezan was a rich and powerful woman and Zahra's father, Othman borrowed a hefty amount of money from her. He later left his family of three, his wife, Hazaan, his daughter, Zahra, and her brother, Hassan. No one knew where he went to. He disappeared into thin air. Hazaan was left to take care of his debt. They had to sell properties to pay the debts but Miss Rezan's was worse. She even threatened the family.

Zahra was left with no choice but to do something dangerous. She disguised herself and threatened the woman at night but Miss Rezan identified her and sent these men after her. She was lying in her room when they barged in. Not wanting her mother to know, Zahra grabbed her veil and jumped down the window.

This area was farther away from her district town and was quiet. Will help arrive?

"Your petty family owes the boss a lot of money but you have the guts to threaten her? The police is a mild punishment for you." The other guy said.

"Don't waste your breath. " Zahra impatiently returned.

The men looked at each other and punched her.

"Oh Allah, please forgive me. This is for self-protection. Bismillah," Zahra prayed inwardly, and as a fist headed for her face, she tilted sideways, missing the attack. Her fist followed and she punched the guy in his face.

He groaned and looked at her surprisingly. The other guy reacted quickly and became more serious. Zahra might look weak but she learned some fighting skills. Her father left them when she was sixteen and she had to care for the family and went through many hardships. Learning how to protect herself was a must.

The men were professionals and she got hit occasionally and her legs and arms were hurt. Her lips bled and red marks appeared on her face but the guys weren't off either. She made sure to injure them.

Zahra staggered back as she watched them groan painfully. She never stopped praying. They were two, and she was injured. If this went on, she would be taken down and who knows what these goons might do. She turned around and ignored the pain in her leg running out.

The men naturally went after her, albeit being slower. Zahra started panicking as she felt the sharp pain in her chest. She clutched her chest as she ran more.

"Hasbunallahu wa ni'imal wakeel. Hasbunallahu wa ni'imal wakeel. " she prayed as she ran. Nothing bad can happen to her, her mother will be worried. Her brother depends on her. Left with no choice, since she was leaving the uncompleted building, she started shouting for help. If Allah will, someone will help her.

……..

A dark blue car drove out of KT company and drove downtown. Inside the car was a young man in a blue suit; his slender eyes, straight nose, and black well-trimmed beard added to his beauty. He drove down silently whilst speaking on the phone.

"Nothing new is coming up mum. No change at all." He said. The woman on the other side of the phone sighed and replied, "Don't worry, Khaleef, Allah will surely find a way."

"Why do I feel like Allah is forgetting about us, mum?" Abdul muttered and his mother immediately exclaimed, "Subhanallah Khaleef. Don't say that. When has your iman dwindled to this state? Our case is a thousand times better than millions of people out there. It's a test and we will pass it. Have faith in Allah."

"Okay." Abdul nodded and ended the call. Do others go through troubles? Abdul felt like he was the only one in distress because he was used to lavishness and grew up with no problem at all until now.

I will focus and work on my plan then; he thought as he drove towards the building he Initiated. It was abandoned for some months and he thought it was time to invest in it again. He might as well check it out.

Abdul's car stopped by the uncompleted building and his front glass wind down.
"Help!" A call suddenly sounded. He frowned as he looked out the window, sighting an injured young lady limping toward his car.

Zahra saw hope and quickly shouted for help. "Help me please!" She pleaded.

Abdul was staring at her state and frowned more seeing the injured men who immediately stopped after seeing the car.

"She looks like a Muslim but isn't fully dressed as one. And they claim to be religious, why are they all the same and what is she doing here with two guys?" He wondered inwardly.

Zahra was surprised at the silent man and hit the car nervously. Abdul stopped his thoughts and came out. Being moderately tall, he was only slightly taller than her.

"Help me, please. They are going to kill me." She whispered.

Abdul watched the men with one hand behind him.
"You might be rich but don't help that girl. She's crazy and rebellious. Look how injured we look despite being the innocent ones. Just hand her over." The man said.

Zahra gasped, not having the energy to refute their words. Abdul glanced at her and she shook her head. He turned back to the men and said, "Are you two dullards or what? Injuring a woman and even having the face to say it? Don't you feel ashamed?"

"Don't get involved because you have no idea who she offended." The other threatened.

Abdul smirked and said, "And you have no idea who you are talking to. Back off before I use this gun." Zahra's eyes widened as he pulled out a gun pointing at the men. They halted in their footsteps, not daring to move.

They looked at each other and one said, "We have captured your face and you will regret it and you…" turning to Zahra. "You won't escape next time. " They glared at her and turned around.

"Alhamdulillah. " Zahra breathed of relief. "Jazakallah…." Her words trailed off as Abdul turned the gun to her face.

Love it? Vote for it and don't forget to share. ASDadore adores her readers.