19. It's just six months.

Zahra didn't have any further case with Abdul because, when she woke up for subh, he had left for the mosque. And when she woke up at about 8 am, he wasn't in the room. She sat up and recited her morning azkar.

(Alhamdulillahil ladzi ajyaana, ba'da ma amatana, wa ilayhi nushur. Allahumma bika asbahna, wa bika amsaina, wa bika nahya, a bika namutu, wa ilaikan nushuur.)

She got down from the bed and adjusted it before locking the door from inside. She opened the wardrobe and held her hips. What was she going to wear? If it wasn't for Fadilat, she would wear anything she cares about. She ended up picking a milk-colored gown with an emerald green veil.

Meanwhile, in the living room, Fadilat was on the couch, reading a small Quran while Abdul was on the other couch beside her with his phone, sipping juice with a straw. It was a Sunday and due to the marriage, Fadilat asked him to spend two days with his wife.

Zahra came down the stairs and was facing Abdul's side view. Her eyebrows twisted because he was also wearing a milk-colored long-sleeved shirt and jeans.

I would've changed if I knew. She scowled inwardly but still took a deep breath and walked towards Fadilat with her best smile.

"Assalamualaikum. Good morning mum," she said and sat beside the woman.

Fadilat kept her Quran and smiled back. "Wa alaikumussalam, Ameerah. How are you?" She asked and hugged the young lady briefly.

"I'm fine alhamdulillah." Zahra returned.

Fadilat rubbed her chin gently and said, "You are glowing this morning. I bet Khaleef didn't give you a hard time right?"

Zahra glanced at Abdul who narrowed his eyes. She turned back to Fadilat and said, "He did not. Let me get you some tea."

"Okay dear," Fadilat nodded and Zahra headed for the kitchen. She met Laila cooking breakfast and greeted her.

"Good morning our new bride. Mrs Abdulmumin Kareem Taj," Laila teased. Zahra blinked remembering her identity now. Things happen unexpectedly in this world.

"I will get tea for Mum," she avoided the old woman's gaze and took the teacup.

"What about your husband?" Laila asked.

"Yeah. Him too," Zahra smiled and poured two cups. She nodded at Zahra before heading for the living room. Abdul was targeting her movement and the moment she wanted to pass by him, he set his leg there and it happened.

Zahra yelped from the fright as the plate and cup fell on the ground.

"Subhanallah!" Fadilat exclaimed and she pulled Zahra to herself. Even Laila was alerted.

"Are you okay my dear? Did you get hurt?" Fadilat asked with so much concern, checking Zahra's hands in case of a burn.

"I am fine mum. Don't worry," Zahra reassured. Of course, she knew what happened.

"Or is it your arm? I guess it's still hurting?" Fadilat insisted.

Opportunity. Zahra pursed her lips and muttered, "I did feel a grip just now but next time, I won't let such a stupid obstacle spoil your morning tea. Afwan."

"Don't bother dear," Fadilat gave a reassuring smile and glared at her son. Abdul who was trying his best not to laugh, kept a straight face when his mother turned. She immediately rebutted him.
"Your wife almost got injured and you are sitting there calmly. Is that how a sensible man should act?!"

Abdul was lost for words at the scolding and it was Zahra's turn to giggle inwardly. Fadilat turned to her and asked again, "Is it still hurting?" She nodded.

"Massage her arm right now," Fadilat said to Abdul instantly.

"Huh? She wasn't hurt," he responded.

"Khaleef," she glared at him and pulled Zahra to sit beside him.

He gritted his teeth and took her arm. Fadilat was watching, so he dared not hurt her. What pissed him off was how Zahra was pretending she was feeling hurt and he had to say sorry. Laila cleaned the mess.

"It's okay," Zahra told him and pulled her hand out. He smiled and turned to his mother who shook her head at him. The family soon had breakfast and Fadilat told Abdul to show his wife around the house.

The newlyweds walked behind the house and Zahra was amazed by the quiet landscape. As Abdul said, the row of three up ahead that surrounded their house was an orchard. In the middle of the green field was a red-petalled tree and a bench underneath it. They finally sat there as Abdul messaged some people on his phone. Zahra just stayed quiet, enjoying the morning fresh air.

Abdul broke the silence after some minutes, "You now have the identity of the Kareem Taj family" 's daughter-in-law. Whatever you do will affect the family and once it's known to the world that I got married, they will surely go into your background. I hope you have broken any relationship you had with anyone before?"

Zahra placidly asked, "What sort of relationship?"

"How am I supposed to know? Maybe a boyfriend or …two," Abdul shrugged.

"You know what?" Zahra crossed her legs and clasped her fingers. "I was told that you are in a mess and I have to 'take care' of you. I thought it wasn't serious, but your actions say otherwise. You need help."

"What do you mean by that?" Abdul frowned.

She looked at him and smirked. "You had better stop asking me stupid questions Khaleef because I can be a witch sometimes."

"Oh. I am so scared," he scoffed sarcastically. "I am just warning you for your sake. If you dare get into any trouble, don't expect me to get involved then."

"Please keep quiet," Zahra rolled her eyes and palmed her ears, closing her eyes. She heard silence before Abdul grabbed her hand abruptly. She glared at him astonishingly but before she reacted, a silver ring slipped into her finger.

"Just a recognition," he said and took the second ring from the case.

Zahra looked at him weirdly. "What's wrong with you?"

"I just gave you your wedding ring. Be grateful to your husband." He said cooly, trying to wear his too but she snatched it from his hand. "Give it back." He demanded.

"Hmmm," she ignored him and inspected the ring, together with the one in her hand. "Such bad taste, I'm sure you bought it." She sneered and quickly moved her hand as he tried to snatch it back.

"Ameerah!" Abdul gritted his teeth.

"What?" She rolled her eyes. "Just give me your hand."

He breathed and kept his hand. "Much better," she smiled and slipped the ring in.

"Just six months and I will be done with your nonsense," he muttered and went back to his phone. Zahra shook her head and rested it on the bench.