35. Gulay's past.

While the couple were having a nice meal, the fragile Gulay was sitting on the ground by her bed with her head buried in her knees. Her fingers were tightly holding her hair and she sniffed quietly. Items and broken glasses were thrown all over the room showing the madness that had happened in here.

"I won't give up. I can't give up. I won't." She kept muttering dumbly. Abdul might think that he just owes her a favor, but he has no idea what impact he has on her life.

Gulay was born when her father wanted nothing but a male child to succeed in his business. She tried her best when she was younger but he never appreciated anything she did. She was also pampered by her mum and went against her father because she wanted to do what she wanted to. Everything changed when her mother passed away and left her to her father.

Gulay had no way to fight him anymore but to prove to him that she could handle his business while pursuing her dreams too. She joined the business school and it was quite a struggle because she had no ambition for it. That's when she saw Abdul and was drawn toward him. He has friends but hardly interacts with women and Gulay being super busy, never got a chance to meet him. Not even when she was free. Something always comes up.

After knowing who he was, she became more determined to pass her school and take part in her father's business because it would surely bring her closer to Abdul. They reached their final exams and everyone was going to present their project.

Gulay coincidentally saw when two guys were messing up with Abdul's laptop and stopped them but they threatened to harm her if she told him. She kept quiet but still helped Abdul when he needed a laptop. If they don't pass, they will have to wait for some months again.

What Abdul didn't know was that his presentation time was the same as Gulay's and she sacrificed hers for him. She promised herself to join him later but her fate said otherwise. She was cornered by one of the men who sabotaged Abdul and beaten up. Even as she struggled, she ended up as a victim of rape.

The young man was the son of her father's biggest shareholders and he threatened to have his father pull out of the deal if she said anything. The young lady who was barely twenty then could only cry her eyes out and started drinking.

Because of the incident, she started failing in school and her father kept raining insults on her for being useless. Gulay couldn't hold it back anymore and retaliated. Her setbacks started driving her crazy and when that man tried assaulting her again, she used a glass and tore his neck in self-defense. Gulay was confused and scared then and escaped back home. While crying and trembling, she explained everything to her father. He finally saw the mess he had put his daughter in as she wasn't in her right senses anymore.

When the young man's parents found out what happened and their son was in a coma, they sued the Albayraq family. Gulay's father stood on his toes and proved what had happened to his daughter. In other not to tarnish his reputation, the young man's father let the case go and Gulay was sent to a mental health home. It took almost a year before she returned to normal. She went back to school and graduated with excellent scores. Her father showed how proud he was but deep down Gulay watched him with hatred. No matter what he did, he can't bring her back to normal.

She decided to come to Turkey to stay with her aunt to pursue her true love. Her past feelings bloomed more as she watched Abdul's pictures online and she grinned even more when she saw that he might need help. Wouldn't that be perfect?

Gulay was excited when Rezan told her of the plan. What a coincidence! But her excitement dwindled when she found out that Abdul was married. Everything became dark and her mind strings loosened up again. She hated Zahra because of it and how the girl wasn't afraid of her.