25. The beauty of marriage.

Monday.

Abdul arrived at the company and the surprise change shot the guards first when he waved at them. He didn't go upstairs and headed for the departments downstairs. The moment the workers saw him, they stood up and greeted him.

"Please sit. Don't stand to greet me anymore okay?" He said.

"Yes, Mr Kareem!" They nodded even though they were surprised.

"Keep working." He smiled and checked others before going upstairs. His secretary came in to inform him of his schedule that day. Abdul watched the appointments and meetings he had and told her.
"I will be dealing with this, this and this. Yidliz will go for the meeting with Sally's company and this too. Cancel these two appointments till tomorrow."

"Yes." She nodded and left.

Abdul just realized what his wife said was perfect. He was working more than he was supposed to. There were meetings that he didn't need to be present but he just went on with it. Didn't he trust his best friend too at least? His change from last week even made his workers fear him, more than respect. He needed change. The best is to balance gentleness and strictness.

One of the higher-ups later came over with some files.
"I had the marketing team arrange the presentation and activities for the program. Mr Taher worked more on it too. Everything is ready." He explained.

"Oh." Abdul checked the papers signed where he needed to and passed the file to the man. The man was bewildered and Abdul smiled wryly.

"You all worked day and night on this project Mr. Cemil. I have a lot on my plate already. You and Volkan should head the program."

"Are you sure sir?" Mr Cemil asked suspiciously.

Abdul frowned and said, "Do I look like I'm joking?"

"Thank you, sir," Cemil smiled.

"It's okay. Good luck. Make sure you make it wow. I will check on it." Abdul said and Cemil left. For the rest of the week, Abdul was living an enjoyable life. He would get tired but not as much as before. When he got home, Zahra would help him freshen up and sit with him while he had dinner and breakfast. Even though they hardly shared a dialogue, he, whom his mother had left in the hands of his wife, was glad of the company. Fadilat was happy with the improvement too.

Friday came and Zahra and Fadilat made a plan so that Abdul wouldn't miss the Jummah prayer again. When the first adhan for a ritual bath was over, Zahra took her bath and stood before the wardrobe, contemplating what to wear. From Abdul's clothes and her clothes, it was easy to deduce that his best color was blue and Fadilat asked her to dress to impress her husband.

Zahra finally picked a sky-blue Abaya and wore it. This time, she wore a matching belt on her waist and tied her turban. She chose white sparkling earrings and wore them with the necklace and bangles. With mild makeup, Zahra admired herself before the mirror.

"Tabarakallah. Masha Allah. Who's the queen now?" She chuckled rubbing her face.

"Ameerah!" Fadilat called from downstairs.

"I'm coming mum!" She answered and went down with her phone. "I'm calling him now." She said and dialed Abdul's number.

It was a short moment later that Abdul rushed into the house.
"Mum!" He shouted without even saying the salam. With how flustered he was, he became dumbfounded that his mother was perfectly fine. But Zahra called him and that his mother needed help and he had to rush over.

"Come on!" Abdul realized it was set up and frowned. "Why would you lie about your health Mum?" He inquired annoyingly.

Fadilat smiled and folded her arms. She was nonchalant as she spoke to him, "You missed Jummah prayer last week Khaleef. It's not gonna happen again."

"You could have just called me." He sighed and turned around but Zahra was standing by the door. Abdul froze at the beauty before him and Fadilat quickly added, "Ameerah, escort him to the room okay?"

"Yes mum," Ameerah grinned and turned Abdul around. He was speechless as she pushed him upstairs.
"Don't forget to take your book upstairs dear," Fadilat reminded and Ameerah nodded.

They entered the room and he turned around and eyed his wife.

"That joke wasn't funny at all. Don't do it again." He said seriously.

"It was your mother's idea okay?" She rolled her eyes.

"And you supported it." He said.

"Khaleef, just go and take your bath." Zahra pointed at the bathroom. He snorted and made a call before going into the bathroom. Zahra pouted and sat on the bed for a while. She thought that her marriage was going to be a challenge before she died, but she was enjoying it. This house wasn't toxic at all. A smile formed on her face as she causally looked beside her and sighted an ear plug.

She picked it up and hummed. It belonged to Abdul. She stood up and walked to the drawer to keep it. She was holding it when the door to the bathroom opened. Zahra turned her head and her eyes widened. Abdul also froze. He forgot something and came out to take it. He had thought that Zahra had left the room, so he came out just tying a towel. Who knew she was still there and she looked frightened.

"What's wrong with you?!" Zahra yelped and turned her head. Did he have to ruin her day by showing off his body?

"I….." Abdul scratched his head and saw the earplug in her hand. "That's what I was looking for. Give it to me." He said.

"What are you going to do with an ear plug in the bathroom?" She asked, still not facing him.

"Just give it to me," Abdul said and walked over to take it. Zahra moved back from there and glared at him. She made sure not to look down and returned, "Don't tell me that you want to listen to music Khaleef."

"And how is that your business huh?" He held his hips and asked.

"Music is Haram Khaleef and for someone who wants to take a ritual bath, I have no idea what you are planning to do with an ear plug." Zahra still refused.

"This has nothing to do with you. Give it back." Abdul demanded and took more steps.

Zahra took steps back as she hid the plug behind her. "The shaytan in your head today is really stubborn even on Friday." She said.

"Ameerah. Just give it to me calmly." Abdul warned.

"Nope." She stubbornly raised her chin.

"You can't be serious." He hissed and reached out for her hands but she was already at the edge of the bed and sat abruptly on it.

The door suddenly opened. "Ameerah, here is your…" Laila froze at the scene and quickly closed the door, saying sorry. Laila quickly went downstairs, biting her fingers. Fadilat noticed her behavior and asked what was the problem.

"Uhmm, Ameerah will come to take the book herself." She said with flushed cheeks.

"Laila?" Fadilat stared at the old woman suspiciously. "Don't tell me you went to their room without a Salam?" She asked Laila nodded.

"Common Laila. Next time knock and ask for permission first. It's an Islamic etiquette. You never know what situation a person is in." Fadilat said patiently.

"Okay." Laila nodded helplessly.

Dram, as always.

Vote! Vote!! Vote!!! Fi Amani Allah adorables. 😘