29. A stubborn woman.

There were naturally small oppositions from some people when Abdul's marriage was announced but many supported it and didn't care that he married a woman from a small background all of a sudden, someone was accusing his wife of being a non-chaste woman, Zahra suspected that someone was behind it. Especially when someone out of nowhere was willing to share his encounter with her. Not everyone will have the courage to offend the Kareem Taj family unless they are being paid.

After mulling over it, Zahra came up with some suspects and among them, only Gulay showed interest in Abdul.

"Oh my!" Gulay gasped dramatically. "I hope that you aren't suspecting me of making up lies against you right?"

"Are you answering for yourself?" Zahra raised an eyebrow and asked.

"Of course not. I just wanted to support my friend." Gulay smiled and stood beside Abdul. Zahra narrowed her eyes and she watched them. "I saw the saddening news and warned Abdulmumin about you. You know how we women are. We have this kind of, instinct when it comes to one another. I could sense that you were bad news from the first time we met. So I extended a helping hand." Gulay added.

"So, I was being discussed secretly. I feel so honored," Zahra looked at Abdul and said.

Abdul ignored her and glared at Gulay. "I already said that we aren't friends. Why did you follow me here?"

"To make sure that you don't get hurt of course. " Gulay said stylishly. "I told you that she would come here and it has been proven. Do you believe me now?"

"Just stay out of this," Abdul warned.

"I get to do what I want." Gulay scoffed and walked towards Zahra. "Your wife here is trying to hide her old relationship with her husband and you are there, thinking that he's an abuser. Are you that blind?"

"Don't you dare insult my character again Gulay? I'm not a nice person." Zahra said seriously.

Gulay laughed and hummed. "Did I hit the right spot or are you trying so hard to hide things from your husband? The past is not the present."

Zahra could sense the sarcasm in the voice and calmed her mind. "Why are you so stupid? Huh?" She smiled and Gulay was bewildered. Abdul hid his gun as he watched the drama quietly.

"Do you think that everyone is as stupid as you to believe just anything they see?" Zahra said daringly.

"Your sin is clear to the world to see." Gulay gritted her teeth and Zahra clapped her palms before the woman's face.
"Hey. Great news to you. Your plan isn't working here okay? Next time, come up with a convincing claim with evidence to back it up." She added.

"Stop trying to deny it, Zahra. No one is going to believe you. If not, what are you doing out here without your husband's knowledge?" Gulay returned.

"Gulay." Zahra sighed. "You know, you don't have to go through all this trouble to prove to the world that you are insane about my husband. Get straight to the point rather than acting like a desperate s…."

"How dare you?!" Gulay responded angrily wanting to slap Zahra but the young lady held her hand.

"I was going to say, woman. Come on. I hate insulting words." Zahra said and eyed Gulay's face. "And don't you ever try to raise your hands on me, because you won't like what comes next."

"Okay stop it!" Abdul shouted, having heard enough. He grabbed Zahra's arm and said, "Let's go."

"I am not done with what I came for." She refused. He took in a deep breath and repeated, "That is enough. Let's go!"