55. Scared of loosing him.

Zahra arranged her veil as Abdul drove to the store. She had always suspected that girl to be crazy and Gulay just proved that. She pitied Abdul for having such a crazed woman after him. 

They arrived before the store and luckily it wasn't in a crowded place, so only a few crowds were formed. The two came out and watched the balcony. The place was built before the roof for decoration and no one climbs it, but Gulay was standing fearlessly there. 

Her expression brightened up after seeing Abdul. 

"It's great that you came Abdulmumin. It would've been for waste if I died without your presence," She expressed.

"What nonsense is this Gulay?" Abdul asked calmly This was drawing unnecessary attention to him not to mention the crisis he was facing just now. 

The attention was drawn to them and they wondered who was the beautiful woman beside him. Zahra was always with her niqab or mask in public, so even though they found her familiar, the situation didn't warrant guesses. 

"You know that I love Abdulmumin and I will do anything for you but you keep hurting and insulting me all because of this fake wife of yours!" Gulay shouted pointing at Zahra. 

So, she's Fatimah Zahra. The crowd realized. Gulay's confession was baffling too.

Zahra was placid even at the craziness. Abdul should deal with the trouble. 

"Zahra is my wife and I am sure we have gone over this. So get back down and stop this nonsense," he returned.

"I won't!" Gulay shouted back and started crying. "I sacrificed everything I had for you Abdulmumin. You might have thought that I just helped you before but I risked my presentation for you. I had to endure your enemy's attacks and family abuses. You had no idea what I went through but you…." 

Abdul and Zahra weren't aware of this. No one did. No wonder she's loose, Zahra thought.  

Gulay went on venomously, "You want to ignore all my efforts just for this bitch who doesn't love you!" 

"You are not allowed to insult my wife Gulay," Abdul warned. Even if she went through hell, it wasn't his fault because he didn't ask her to. 

"I will insult her. You two just got married for a purpose. So quit pretending and let it go!" She told him and glared at Zahra. 

"Why are you suddenly quiet today Zahra? I begged you to let Abdulmumin go, disappear from his life but you refused. I won't believe that you love him even if you said it and won't agree because I met him first and should be his wife." 

Zahra raised an eyebrow and Abdul looked at her surprisingly. Did she meet Gulay before? He felt some relief blooming in his heart. She said she loved me. 

The issue at hand first. He turned back to Gulay and added, "You are not thinking straight. Get down at least so we can talk like normal human beings." 

"I will not Abdulmumin." Gulay shook her head. "If you don't admit that you love me and divorce this so-called wife of yours, I will jump down from here. You have a minute left." 

"What the…" Abdul rubbed his face. He was already dealing with Zahra's troubles and now Gulay…

A car drove by and Rezan quickly came down. "If anything happens to my niece, you will be blamed, Zahra." 

Zahra gave a blank look and ignored her. How was that her fault?

Rezan clenched her fist and tried talking some sense into Gulay but the girl wasn't listening. Rezan knows that Gulay had a mental health problem but she didn't expect it to escalate up to this. 

Even as Abdul motioned to the police to go up, Gulay almost dropped down. 

"Leave her. I'll bring her down." Zahra said and immediately walked towards the store. Abdul tried stopping her but seeing that Gulay didn't intend to fall over again, he let her be. 

Gulay glared at Zahra who walked over to her and shook her hands. "If you come anywhere closer, I will fall Zahra and you will be responsible." 

"Stop this Gulay. Nothing will come out of this. You won't gain anything by forcing a man to love you." Zahra stated calmly. 

Gulay laughed and said, "Are you trying to save your pathetic marriage?" 

"Why is your world revolving around a man!" Zahra pointed out. "I understand that you went through a lot and as a woman, I feel your pain too but you have to understand that it was a test you have to pass. Everyone goes through tests and how you work them out defines you. You think that Abdul is the cause of your problems but it can be someone else. You can't blame him for it and make his life miserable. It's not worth it. Why pull someone else into your misery? It's not fair for him!" 

Gulay sobbed and Zahra was already a few steps away from her. 

"You…you…you are lying. You just want to trick me. No one understands my pain," Gulay cried. 

"I do Gulay. Don't try to commit suicide, please. You can only solve any problem when you are alive," Zahra returned sincerely and put out her hand. "Leave that place and take my hand. Everything will be fine then." 

"No no!" Gulay shook her head. 

"It's okay Gulay. Just take my hand," Zahra said more softly. Gulay breathed as everyone hoped that she would give in. Her hand trembled and she took Zahra's hand. 

Abdul sighed with relief but his eyes widened when Gulay switched positions with Zahra. It was an abrupt turn that Zahra almost slipped and her body inclined down. 

"Ameerah!" He shouted and started running over but Gulay stopped him with a yell. "I dare you to move again and I will release her." 

Abdul raked his head as he stared at his wife hanging dangerously up there. Zahra looked calm but only she knew the fear she felt just now. This was like real death flashing before her eyes. 

"Gulay, please stop. Let my wife go." Abdul pleaded. Why was all this happening? He was going to lose his mind if this went on. 

"So you love her that much. If she dies, it will be for the best and I will have you all to myself. That will be for the best," Gulay smirked and glanced at Zahra. "I hate you so much Zahra, you have no idea how much. I don't like others taking what I own and you want the man I love with all my heart. So you can only die." 

"You can't do that Gulay. If anything happens to Ameerah, I will hate you my whole life." Abdul said fiercely. 

"I wouldn't use a threat if I were you." Gulay spat. Abdul stared worryingly and wanted nothing more than to hold her now.

He could see fear visible in her eyes. 

"It's easy Abdulmumin. Divorce her." Gulay spat. 

Abdul took a deep breath and stated calmly. "Do your worse Gulay. I won't divorce my wife because I love her. Not for your stupid request or anything else. I want to see how you will get me or anyone to love you after that and how will you live, knowing that you killed someone." 

Gulay trembled, not knowing what to do. Will she achieve anything from this? Nobody loves me! She shouted and accidentally let Zahra's hands go. 

"Ameerah!" Abdul shouted and reached out immediately. Prayer and miracles worked at this moment as he fell on his knees and caught Zahra. 

The world seemed to have stopped as Zahra stared at Abdul fearfully. He also knew that his soul flew out just now. Together, they embraced each other tightly. It seems that their ears were blocked and all they wanted to feel was each other's presence. 

Zahra tightened her eyes shut. She only realized just how scared she was of losing her Khaleef. Her mind only calmed down slowly in his tight and warm embrace.